Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default Tim Duncan was arguably a better player than Lebron

I just don’t understand why it’s so blasphemous to suggest that there are other players other than Jordan that could potentially be better than Lebron. I don’t get it. People are either too into their feelings or will not look at anything they don’t want to look at.

If we are going by longevity and stats, then you have a case for Lebron. But then again, how are you gonna look at points when you ignore the fact that Timmy averaged plenty more rebounds and blocks than Lebron? Not to mention his defense was much more valuable and relevant than a couple chase down blocks here and there.

Duncan also had a much more reliable post up game and probably a better mid range. He was part of a far superior system than a Lebron led system. Also, I think it’s really weird to say Duncan had so much help when in reality he just led a better system.

Lebron played with more superstars than Duncan. Duncan played with Robinson who was at the end of his career and Kawhi was was just starting his prime. Lebron played with Wade, Bosh, then Irving, Love, and then Davis. If Lebron had Manu and Parker, they would just be accused of not helping him enough.

At the end of the day Lebron is 4-6 in the Finals. That’s if you count the pandemic chip. Duncan is 5 and 1. With way less talent. We all saw who the master was in 2007. Who the big daddy really was.

Lebron not only has the most points but by far the most turnovers. He’s gonna have the most missed shots too. I just don’t understand his place in the game. He’s not above Timmy. That’s an insult to the real big daddy.

Default Re: Tim Duncan was arguably a better player than Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post
    I just don’t understand why it’s so blasphemous to suggest that there are other players other than Jordan that could potentially be better than Lebron. I don’t get it. People are either too into their feelings or will not look at anything they don’t want to look at.

If we are going by longevity and stats, then you have a case for Lebron. But then again, how are you gonna look at points when you ignore the fact that Timmy averaged plenty more rebounds and blocks than Lebron? Not to mention his defense was much more valuable and relevant than a couple chase down blocks here and there.

Duncan also had a much more reliable post up game and probably a better mid range. He was part of a far superior system than a Lebron led system. Also, I think it’s really weird to say Duncan had so much help when in reality he just led a better system.

Lebron played with more superstars than Duncan. Duncan played with Robinson who was at the end of his career and Kawhi was was just starting his prime. Lebron played with Wade, Bosh, then Irving, Love, and then Davis. If Lebron had Manu and Parker, they would just be accused of not helping him enough.

At the end of the day Lebron is 4-6 in the Finals. That’s if you count the pandemic chip. Duncan is 5 and 1. With way less talent. We all saw who the master was in 2007. Who the big daddy really was.

Lebron not only has the most points but by far the most turnovers. He’s gonna have the most missed shots too. I just don’t understand his place in the game. He’s not above Timmy. That’s an insult to the real big daddy.
    Your post is the usual gibberish when it comes to argue against Lebron. Every single multiple title winner had good teammates or very well constructed teams. Yes, 2003. But the 2003 Spurs don't win 05, 07 or 14. By then Parker, Manu and later Kawhi were established players. The role players fit and the system in place was always playing to the team's composition strengthes.

That said. Of course it's not outlandish to argue Duncan against Lenron. Points can be made, but Lebron's individual success should not be overlooked and the case that could be made is very thin.

What Duncan has in common with Lebron that they were the most sure thing to come into the NBA at their respective time. I didn't experience the Shaq sweepstakes, but Duncan was unreal. Everyone wanted that pick there was no doubt about him and he delivered. Even moreso than Lebron at first.

Duncan changed the culture of the Spurs forever. That's something very few can say about themselves.

Typical OP.

Lebron is literally the one player Duncan CANT hold a candle to.

Banned

Correct. I have Duncan ahead of Lebron on the all time list. Lebron has arguably accomplished more, but he's also done more epic choking (and that's not even mentioning the team hopping). So all things considered, Duncan wins out.

nope

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    Correct. I have Duncan ahead of Lebron on the all time list. Lebron has arguably accomplished more, but he's also done more epic choking (and that's not even mentioning the team hopping). So all things considered, Duncan wins out.
    no one cares where you have anything, you fat little bitch

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    Yep he was voted the official “dumbest poster in ISH 2023”, so if he says it it’s almost certainly wrong.

Good High School Starter

Tim Duncan might be the best player that ever lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardell Curry View Post
    Tim Duncan might be the best player that ever lived.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    Obviously you do, or you wouldn't throw a bitch fit every time I point out your hero's flaws.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Yep he was voted the official “dumbest poster in ISH 2023”, so if he says it it’s almost certainly wrong.
    Your coping mechanism thread isn't working. You might want to try another one.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Putting a hit list out on posters you disagree with doesn't constitute any level of test on cognitive aptitude. It just makes you appear overly feminine and emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    Obviously you do, or you wouldn't throw a bitch fit every time I point out your hero's flaws.
    I was here posting after 2011 saying lbj choked and congratulating mavs and dirk fans

Im not a little bitch like you.

pardon - a fat little bitch like you

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Putting a hit list out on posters you disagree with doesn't constitute any level of test on cognitive aptitude. It just makes you appear overly feminine and emotional.
    Hmmm - some might call this woke - not to mention tying "emotional" to the previous adjective.

shoutout to the homie PAUK

bro was saying lebron was the GOAT right after the 2011 choke and was a 1-man army fighting off the hordes of celebrating kobe stans

everyone was calling wade batman and lebron robin and enjoying the ringless jokes but PAUK remained firm and was rewarded with two rings and finals MVPs