Question What do you think of MIL trading for Dame after he explicitly said “Nobody but MIA”

Not talking about how he fits in the lineup, or whether you agree with Dame’s attempt to force his way to a specific team.

Just in terms of Milwaukee’s decision. Do you agree with it in principle, and do you think it’s a good idea in practice? How risky is it?

Lillard and his agent were very up front with teams that he only wanted a trade to Miami. They basically told every other team to stay away and that he would not give them his all or something to that effect. To the point the league put out a memo in reference to Dame’s agent, warning about consequences of breach of contract.

But the point was already clearly made by Dame and his team. Milwaukee was aware of this when they moved for him. They knew he specifically did not want to be traded to Milwaukee or 28 other teams.

And again, regardless of whether you think Lillard should “suck it up” or not is not my question.

Im talking about the gamble Milwaukee took. They were told to stay away, but they said we’re gonna trade for him anyway and hope to convince him.

What are your general thoughts on taking that kind of risk?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: What do you think of MIL trading for Dame after he explicitly said “Nobody but MI

don't see an issue with it. I'd rather have Jrue though

Default Re: What do you think of MIL trading for Dame after he explicitly said “Nobody but MI

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    don't see an issue with it. I'd rather have Jrue though
    I think the swap made sense for Milwaukee in a vacuum, EXCEPT I dont think they anticipated Jrue would end up on the rival Celtics. And that could end up being the difference between whether or not the trade is successful, crazily enough.

I am glad Portland called his bluff. I am not a fan of guys resigning for big money then demanding to be traded to whatever team.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

He’s too nice a guy and too concerned with his image to do that to two teams back to back so it made sense to trade him where they would get the package they desired. I don’t think he has it in him to be a James Harden type cancer. Once you know you’re dealing with somebody who isn’t really going to try to destroy a franchise to get his way, just do what you have to do. The guy sitting out or tanking is all you have to fear and I doubt many in the league felt he’d do that. And he and his agent had to deny they would refuse to report anywhere anyway. He’d likely have shown up anywhere.