Local High School Star

Default The NBA is soft because *YOU* are soft

There is no Cold War. People's jobs are replying to emails. Rather than hit the gym or play sports with their friends, people are locked inside playing video games, slamming their joysticks in futile anger and thinking they're "tough".

This fake masculinity parallels the same individual's growing fear of the other race. Racial hostilities and fear are played up by politicians- on both sides.

This all comes to a head when a scared suburbanite is watching the game and sees a dark-skinned person doing anything aggressive, the same goof who lauds the "toughness" in the 80's and says players today aren't tough, is screaming like a frightened Karen that the "LeAuGe MuSt Do SoMeThInG" about Draymond.

Look at some of these fights from the 80s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKQWaUBOdVA

People getting clocked.

But back then, men weren't a bunch of whiny b*tches crying "assault" every time there's contact. They are today.

I've written about this before- but the same posturing clown in suburbia, who walks with his shoulders flared out as if his muscle is causing it, who tries to convince people's he's tough because he "trains at a dojo" is the same guy who is scared out of his mind that a guy who looks like Draymond or LeBron would start something with him. Because then his facade crumbles.

The average person is not a critical thinker with any kind of objective 'moral compass'. He reacts. The primary driver of his reactions are fear.

It's one thing to laud the toughness of an era long gone when you don't have to deal with the real-time fear triggers of those players. Today, if the fan base over-reacts to an instance of physicality, the league will adapt and stamp it out- hence all the fingernail fouls we see today. Cry about it but you're the reason for it.

I just read some Twitter threads of some fans calling for "Permanent Suspension" of Draymond or a "1-year suspension". Keep in mind Gobert was unharmed by the incident. Not a scratch. Go watch the video I posted where people were being decked. IMO, Green did do wrong, and should be suspended, but look at the extreme response by your average posturing suburbanite.

If you're crying to the authorities for a disproportionate consequence for being physical, don't come in here the next day talking about how the league is soft today. The league is soft because You are soft.
    Last edited by bdonovan; 11-15-2023 at 01:53 AM.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: The NBA is soft because *YOU* are soft

Yes, I'm dreaming about a nuclear holocaust.

I think I'd do better as a half-alive ghoul roaming the wastelands of Europe, than this hellish buglife in my concrete box.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Yes, I'm dreaming about a nuclear holocaust.

I think I'd do better as a half-alive ghoul roaming the wastelands of Europe, than this hellish buglife in my concrete box.
    Unfortunately it would take something like that to get back on track.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan View Post
    Unfortunately it would take something like that to get back on track.
    Look forward to meeting/eating you brah.

Back in my day, we walked to school in nothing but thin-soled leather shoes. It made our bones tough like the granite in the mountain quarries. Kids these days have bones like chicken drumsticks: weak and brittle, prone to stress fractures and shin splints.

They have it easy these kids do. And that is why they're soft like playdough - in body and mind. A strong skeleton equals strong willpower.

This is a quality thread so far

screaming like a frightened Karen