Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Huffing and puffing

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    After the first series and first 5 games of the playoffs, against the Lakers and especially Anthony Davis:

28.2 points
    16.2 rebounds
    9.8 assists
    59.1% from the field
    92.6% from the FT line
    EFF: 44.4

And he was not his usual self at times.
    What an incredible line. Amazingly, Davis practically matched him (minus assists) with 28/16 of his own on 63%! You're right, he was not always his usual self. The 7 TO's tonight were really perplexing.

I can't wait to see what joker does against Minny next round.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    Too many turnovers - seven in the last game. His team defense is excellent, but he was a liability here when they could truly iso him. I don’t see the latter against any of the likely future opponents. In each of the wins, Jokic took advantage of his superior condition. Just imagine what it would be like if he got in shape.
    I agree he could've played better. As for the TOs, his series average is at 3.2 (not terrible). He was missing some easy shots so it easily could've been a 30/16/10 performance on 62% FG. It wasn't. However, that 44.4 EFF is something else. This here shows a HUGE gap:

https://www.nba.com/stats/leaders?Se...atCategory=EFF

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by White Hammer View Post
    What an incredible line. Amazingly, Davis practically matched him (minus assists) with 28/16 of his own on 63%! You're right, he was not always his usual self. The 7 TO's tonight were really perplexing.

I can't wait to see what joker does against Minny next round.
    The real difference is that Jokic does his scoring on the sideline. He finishes the first halves of games with 5-7 attempts and 8-10 points. Then all of a sudden he is somehow near 30 by the end. And this was against very good defense. Not only AD was on him but Jokic was doubled and tripled many times. He is #1 in rebounds, #2 in assists and #8 in points in the playoffs so far. He is #1 in literally every advanced stat available.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    Too many turnovers - seven in the last game. His team defense is excellent, but he was a liability here when they could truly iso him. I don’t see the latter against any of the likely future opponents. In each of the wins, Jokic took advantage of his superior condition. Just imagine what it would be like if he got in shape.
    I think his defense was bad on the pick and rolls. When AD rolled, Murray had to help and that's easy buckets on AD.

But give credit to AD. His shot-making over Jokic was great. AD was taking it to him. Matching him when it comes to scoring.

And Jokic had a bad game in game 5 yet he had 25/20/9 on 57%.

Jokic had a bad defensive series. But even with his bad games, Jokic had insane stats. Crazy how I think he could get better.