Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default Since MJ shot 37% at 3+ attempts w/out practice, he would shoot 40% today w/ practice

that's the only likely conclusion given the data.

since there's no record of MJ shooting poorly at 3+ attempts and there's only a massive sample of him shooting well at higher volumes, we can conclude that he would be an elite shooter at today's higher volumes assuming he practiced and improved marginally-above the level that he was already at in previous eras (36-39% with no practice).

Specifically, there's a sample of 539 shot-attempts in the regular season for games where Jordan had 3+ attempts and he shot 36.4% in those games, while shooting 39% in playoff series where he had 3+ attempts (regular line only) and 38% in 1990 regular season (3.1 attempts)..

But carry on believing the mainstream media when they claim that MJ would have issues with threes in today's game.. He never did at higher volumes in previous eras WITHOUT practice, so why would he today WITH practice?

Default Re: Since MJ shot 37% at 3+ attempts w/out practice, he would shoot 40% today w/ prac

No pip?

7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Since MJ shot 37% at 3+ attempts w/out practice, he would shoot 40% today w/ prac

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    No pip?

Any player in the history of the game that can match an Iggy or Larry Nance-caliber would go 6/6 with MJ and they would do it easier than Pippen did, since they wouldn't be a historic lane-clogger with the worst shooting splits ever on numerous title runs, or the worst clutch stats ever

But carry on

Is that all andrew??

7-time NBA All-Star

Is that all andrew??

That's all Muhammed.

I know that I've hit a nerve when you start calling me by my first name.

Jordan would be Curry level from 3 if he played today.

Are you filtering out for games where he had 3+ attempts or are you saying he only averaged 3+ attempts?

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Jordan would be Curry level from 3 if he played today.

No one is Curry-level

But he would be one of the best shooters in the league among non-Curry players.. The data shows that (36-39% with no practice... goat form, feetwork and elevation)

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    That's all Muhammed.

I know that I've hit a nerve when you start calling me by my first name.
    No, you don't.

Peja > you

7-time NBA All-Star

No, you don't.

Peja > you

And I know you're about to cry when you bring up Peja, the resident punching bag, or "pippen" of ISH

No one is Curry-level

But he would be one of the best shooters in the league among non-Curry players.. The data shows that (36-39% with no practice... goat form, feetwork and elevation)
    Hard disagree, if Jordan had the reps from 3 that today's players do he'd be one of the greatest 3 point shooters ever, if not the best.

And I know you're about to cry when you bring up Peja, the resident punching bag, or "pippen" of ISH
    Guy absolutely destroyed you the past months. That's why you've been gone bt for awhile like the sorry ass vermin you are.

NBA Superstar

It’s hard to argue that Jordan wouldn’t be a great 3 point shooter today. He was a great shooter in general and I’m sure that would translate with the increased reps.

However, with the emphasis on the 3ball and the overall skills the game presents today, I doubt his footwork and postgame would be as refined.

7-time NBA All-Star

Guy absolutely destroyed you the past months. That's why you've been gone bt for awhile like the sorry ass vermin you are.

the opposite of the truth.. i exposed him as a hoops ignoramus and attention-seeker
    Last edited by 3ba11; 11-29-2023 at 06:08 PM.

Jokic Stan

MJ would be a better 3 point shooter, but a worse midrange shooter.