Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What will be the next great video game console?

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Yeah, dude. The red ring of death was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    The 3 greatest consoles ever were the original NES, PS2, and XBox 360. Doubt they ever get topped.
    xbox doesn't deserve it. Gotta put something sega in there. Sega had some if you dunno you dunno shit. I'd prol throw genesis up there. Every black person had a sega. Sega genesis/CD was $$$. Some of the craziest games of all time. Those old cinematic games. NIGHT TRAP. Great RPGs, Sega was just different. Also: Mortal Kombat w/ soupblood!

Nes/Snes is a tough battle, but I agree on PS2. No xbox makes the top list foh.

NES--->PS1 was like the golden age, and I think that's what made PS2 so good, cuz it was like the last great console. It's the last shit I bought a bunch of games for.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak View Post
    xbox doesn't deserve it. Gotta put something sega in there. Sega had some if you dunno you dunno shit. I'd prol throw genesis up there. Every black person had a sega. Sega genesis/CD was $$$. Some of the craziest games of all time. Those old cinematic games. NIGHT TRAP. Great RPGs, Sega was just different. Also: Mortal Kombat w/ soupblood!

Nes/Snes is a tough battle, but I agree on PS2. No xbox makes the top list foh.

NES--->PS1 was like the golden age, and I think that's what made PS2 so good, cuz it was like the last great console. It's the last shit I bought a bunch of games for.

-Smak
    Genesis

I never got into the console war bullshit. I bought the Genesis summer 93 and SNES summer 94 with cut grass/stack shelves hustle money. Good times....

The original Xbox had alot of Sega's DNA, even going back to the Dreamcast Microsoft had a hand in that system, and the OG Box was well-supported by Sega software.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 12-14-2023 at 09:06 AM.

I had a Genesis but played it much less than Nintendo. Genesis games were more like arcade games - start playing and start wrecking havoc straight away. Fun in small doses, but not really my thing.

Depends. Sega was/is an arcade company so it makes sense that their style of game be rooted in quick sessions because that's kind of what arcade games are. I feel like it was worth owning a Genesis and SNES moreso than owning like a Playstation and Xbox. The old 16 bit consoles had more distinct libraries than modern consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    I had a Genesis but played it much less than Nintendo. Genesis games were more like arcade games - start playing and start wrecking havoc straight away. Fun in small doses, but not really my thing.
    It was just so different.

-Smak