Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron wins his 5th Championship and 5th MVP!

They had a Finals celebration for this trash. Speeches and everything. Pathetic. It don't mean a thing without the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist View Post
    They had a Finals celebration for this trash. Speeches and everything. Pathetic. It don't mean a thing without the ring.
    They won a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    I somehow missed this. Is this real? lol
    Lmaooo yes it was real, 3ball malfunctioned and posted that a while back @ me. I was clueless, Mj delusion got this dude seeing shadows and shit.

It's crazy how a certain segment of fans is so against this whole event from top to bottom, wonder why....

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    It's crazy how a certain segment of fans is so against this whole event from top to bottom, wonder why....

It's because we know that future debates will be like - " MJ has 6 championships"... "b-b-but Lebron has 5"... aka complete f'ing horseshit

Meanwhile the combined record of the 7 opponents was 55-74 and none were a top 4 seed currently

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    It's because we know that future debates will be like - " MJ has 6 championships"... "b-b-but Lebron has 5"... aka complete f'ing horseshit

Meanwhile the combined record of the 7 opponents was 55-74 and none were a top 4 seed currently
    So pre-emptive fear is the answer we're going with? It's an accolade but it's not an NBA title, level headed people will have level headed debates. People like you? Not a chance.

Lmaooo yes it was real, 3ball malfunctioned and posted that a while back @ me. I was clueless, Mj delusion got this dude seeing shadows and shit.
    Hey bitch - if I catch you or anyone else from this loser ass board following me, I will beat you down in self defense. You will be in the hospital if I catch you following me as anyone that is following me I will deem a threat to my health

I've already filed police reports against your screen name and others I suspect. Im also getting restraining orders to ban the screen name from playing on the site where you outed yourself as my stalker

Don't let me catch you, you tiny tiny man. You'll be even tinier when I get done with you

Because it's stupid. These are regular season games that are being propagandized to being worth a damn. The only thing that ever matters is the championship ring. The NBA and the media can dress up a cow patty, spray it with expensive cologne and hang it on the wall like an ornament but it will still be sh*t.

I didn't watch one second of this trash. Just found out today they actually had an on-court celebration for these dressed up regular season games. Damn. I didn't think even today's soft NBA would stoop this low. Unbelievable.

Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

Because it's stupid. These are regular season games that are being propagandized to being worth a damn. The only thing that ever matters is the championship ring. The NBA and the media can dress up a cow patty, spray it with expensive cologne and hang it on the wall like an ornament but it will still be sh*t.
    This is correct. NFL = Super Bowl. Baseball = World Series. That's it, period. One championship team each year.
    Up next year, is the NBA going to host a summer and pre-season classic?

What's disappointing to me is the NBA/EPSN hyped up the early season scrimmage cup tourney more than the damn NBA finals. Sorry Silver, you'll never get back to the share you had during the 1998 Finals. That ship has sailed.

I didn't watch one second of this trash. Just found out today they actually had an on-court celebration for these dressed up regular season games. Damn. I didn't think even today's soft NBA would stoop this low. Unbelievable.
    It's not an NBA championship. But it's not nothing either.

To me it sounds like you only just realized what sports really is. These guys aren't Gladiators or some shit. They don't play for any actual stakes. There isn't even much money on the line to win or lose. The role player who wins a ring makes less money than some glorified chucker who carried his team to the 12th seed. Glory and respect. That's what's on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    It's not an NBA championship. But it's not nothing either.

To me it sounds like you only just realized what sports really is. These guys aren't Gladiators or some shit. They don't play for any actual stakes. There isn't even much money on the line to win or lose. The role player who wins a ring makes less money than some glorified chucker who carried his team to the 12th seed. Glory and respect. That's what's on the line.
    They're regular season games. Do the losers go home or do they finish the rest of the regular season? Do the winners claim to be the best in the world... or are the Denver Nuggets still recognized as defending champions?

This represents an attempt to dilute an already watered-down soft product. The Denver Nuggets are the champs and last I checked the Lakers got swept when it counted. Let's see what happens in the real season. No more of these lame distractions.

They're regular season games. Do the losers go home or do they finish the rest of the regular season? Do the winners claim to be the best in the world... or are the Denver Nuggets still recognized as defending champions?

This represents an attempt to dilute an already watered-down soft product. The Denver Nuggets are the champs and last I checked the Lakers got swept when it counted. Let's see what happens in the real season. No more of these lame distractions.
    dont think this was a distraction. Some teams for sure didnt care. a team like the pacers treated the ist very seriously. I'm not just guessing you have direct quotes from them. They're a young team with no playoff experience and get to play a handful of games with playoff intensity. that's very useful for them and their coaching staff.

Dont see how it dilutes the product either. All this is is NBA copying every soccer league in the world and trying to get better ratings for a part of the season not many people care about. Post Christmas would be a better idea for the tournament next year. fans care more at the beginning of the year than they do post Christmas and there's a long stretch of games post Christmas and pre all star break

It's not the year end NBA championship. It's smaller than that but it's something. I'm not actually much of a fan of the IST but it was created to address the problem of waning interest in the regular season. And I very much am a believer that this is a problem that needed addressing(though I might've gone about it a diff way).

At the end of the day an NBA championship or the IST only hold as much value as fans/media choose to assign to it because like I said neither of them involve any real stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    It's not the year end NBA championship. It's smaller than that but it's something. I'm not actually much of a fan of the IST but it was created to address the problem of waning interest in the regular season. And I very much am a believer that this is a problem that needed addressing(though I might've gone about it a diff way).

At the end of the day an NBA championship or the IST only hold as much value as fans/media choose to assign to it because like I said neither of them involve any real stakes.
    That's a lie. Now you're diluting the real championship to justify this regular season distraction.

The Denver Nuggets are the champs. The only champions of the NBA. That holds value because they are on the mountaintop until a team knocks them down. That is done in the playoffs, which has been true for 75 years.

This made up wanna-be March Madness distraction means absolutely nothing. These teams need to be worried about chemistry and playoff position instead of celebrating some made up "tournament".
    Last edited by Da_Realist; 12-11-2023 at 06:16 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I saw Lebron was wearing goggles popping champagne in the locker room.

Man we live in a weak ass era.