Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The IST Was a Success

A bunch of friends and I decided to go see this game at a sports bar, friends that would never care about an NBA game in December.

All of them loved it, the intensity, the stakes, the level of competition. 1 of them walked away as an Indiana Pacers fan after never watching the Pacers before.

For most of them it was better than a lot of playoff games.

Well done Adam Silver

Default Re: The IST Was a Success

I don't understand why people were hating on it honestly. The games were good mostly. Very competitive. Brings something new. People used to complain about the regular season being too long and boring. I'm looking forward to the next IST. Way more interesting than All-Star weekend.

It should also be noted that LeBron played a huge part in the IST success. He basically set the tone and said bring it you little bitches. Of course he annihilated them. Even though they were competing hard and he's 55 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    It should also be noted that LeBron played a huge part in the IST success. He basically set the tone and said bring it you little bitches. Of course he annihilated them. Even though they were competing hard and he's 55 years old.

If the Pacers came out and laid an egg and got blown out by 30 this IST would not have been as successful.

Pacers played really effing hard for the entire game. They also beat the best teams in the East to get here.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Yeah LeBron does what Silver wants him to unfortunately. Definitely a big win for Silver but despite the insistence of the media, I didn't think it was any more exciting than normal basketball. It's fine if you guys enjoy it, but I'm gonna call it for what it is regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    If the Pacers came out and laid an egg and got blown out by 30 this IST would not have been as successful.

Pacers played really effing hard for the entire game. They also beat the best teams in the East to get here.
    It's not like the game came down to the wire, and the game before was a 40 point blowout. I'm not seeing it.

7-time NBA All-Star

I never thought I would see the day where an entire league including the commissioner and GM's around the league would conspire to send every good player to the Lakers so that Lebron can add to his resume.

That's literally what happened - before the trade deadline last year, the Lakers revamped their entire roster and then did it again over the summer - no other team did this because it isn't normal - it's straight collusion to help Lebron and I'm not sure why... What did Lebron do for the commissioner or GM's to make them help him like this?.. It's absurd

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    I never thought I would see the day where an entire league including the commissioner and GM's around the league would conspire to send every good player to the Lakers so that Lebron can add to his resume.

That's literally what happened - before the trade deadline last year, the Lakers revamped their entire roster and then did it again over the summer - no other team did this because it isn't normal - it's straight collusion to help Lebron and I'm not sure why... What did Lebron do for the commissioner or GM's to make them help him like this?.. It's absurd

High School Starter lxlHoTsAuSelxl's Avatar

Send every good player? Like who?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Meltdown

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

I liked the idea from the beginning. However, it's interesting see the new audience which all of a sudden starts to like it.

Anyway, LeBron and the Lakers having won it the first year is a good thing long term. More people will pay attention next year and it also creates controversy which will help build the NBA Cup story.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I didn't think it was any more exciting than normal basketball.

in the way that a random playoff game is normal basketball. Benches aren’t generally exploding while all the players celebrate when you get a layup to go up 15 in an early season game. The only basketball difference between the playoffs and regular season is how much the players care about winning. It shows in the effort and reactions. This game absolutely had that. The neutral site Vegas set up won’t usually have a crowd so into it if the Lakers aren’t playing but far as on the floor? That was essentially playoff basketball.

Admittedly I haven't given a single fukk about the tournament but I did tune in specifically for the final. The players seemed into it, and I haven't seen AD that hyped in ages so mission accomplished I suppose. It remains to be seen if that hype remains beyond this season or its specific to the here and now because it's a new thing. We'll see. I still feel like, they need to tie winning the tournament into something beyond the money. Like the winner gets a first round playoff bye or something....

Also, shoutout to 3ball for an evening of epic meltdowns. Jesus....

There's nothing inherently wrong with it. I would work on seeding and fixtures to edit that moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    There's nothing inherently wrong with it. I would work on seeding and fixtures to edit that moving forward.
    A quick cosmetic fix would be the courts. Some of them were ok but a few games were a bit hard to follow because of how garish the colors were.