Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default I don't get how Anthony Davis didn't get MVP

Davis put up monster numbers on the Final tournament game. When we give out the NBA Finals MVP, it's an award for the Finals, not the whole playoffs. So you would think that this award would go to the guy who got it done on the actual Championship game.

I mean if this were the other way around and Lebron put up 40 and 20, he would be the MVP automatically, even if he played horribly before. We all know that this tournament was set up to promote Lebron.

How come Lebron can't put up the 40-20, 5 block games? Davis is better than Lebron. At least at what he specializes in.

Default Re: I don't get how Anthony Davis didn't get MVP

It's ok to not get it.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    It's ok to not get it.
    It shouldn't be ok, but special needs fans I suppose.

Hey OP, do you still go for walks with your selfie stick for social media?

NBA All-star

they did specifically inform the players to drive up the score

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post
    Davis put up monster numbers on the Final tournament game. When we give out the NBA Finals MVP, it's an award for the Finals, not the whole playoffs. So you would think that this award would go to the guy who got it done on the actual Championship game.

I mean if this were the other way around and Lebron put up 40 and 20, he would be the MVP automatically, even if he played horribly before. We all know that this tournament was set up to promote Lebron.

How come Lebron can't put up the 40-20, 5 block games? Davis is better than Lebron. At least at what he specializes in.
    The NBA would be truly stupid if they did this for that reason. Lebron is 40 next year. I know he feels like he's been around for forever, but the league needs to transition off him to the next guy, or the next few guys. Problem is no-one has actually stepped forward. I don't mean from a play perspective. I mean who has the combo of play, talent, charisma, and results that the league can market as the face. When MJ was on the way out, Kobe came in, and Lebron followed him 7 years later. The casual market isn't going to embrace Jokic like that for the same reason they didn't really someone like Duncan. Giannis has more charisma but I don't know....the NBA has an issue with the majority of best players being foreigners, at least in terms of how they market to the NA fanbase. I think they were looking to Zion but very clearly that's not going to pan out. Ja is an idiot. Tatum is nice but not 'carry the league' nice. The league is going to have a branding issue when all the American milienial stars retire.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

It's a tournament MVP not "finals" MVP

Very good NBA starter

Nba is slowly paying attention to Indiana and tyrese haliburton. Zion an Ja are on mufe support.

Hali is marketable 23 and showed he can ball.

Lebron still generates interest and views and is still athletic enough to make game breaking plays

Lets add this to the long list of things OP doesn't get about the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post

MVP = all regular season games.
    FMVP = all finals games.
    IST MVP = all IST games.

Even a 10 year old could figure this out.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    It's a tournament MVP not "finals" MVP

Lebron won FMVP in 2020 despite AD leading the way in the prior series.. the player that is considered "that guy" is supposed to get the benefit of the doubt and "that guy" was AD in the 2020 Playoffs after dominating Jokic.

And the tourney MVP should go to Davis anyway since his overall tourney numbers were about equal to Lebron's, while also dominating the most important game.

Even the LeBron dickriders know why, they just won't admit it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

If we break the games down piece by piece...

@ the Suns

AD 27/15 with best defense on either team. Lebron 31/11/8 with mediocre defense. Same offensive efficency basically. KD went off on 12-17 shooting. ADs presence over Nurkic was clearly the defining thing here. He dwarfed the Suns and made them look small.

Advantage: Split Decision. (at best)

@ the Pelicans.

Lebron clearly won this one. His 3pt barrage buried New Orleans in spectacular fashion. I watched this game. AD had 16 boards and a bunch of steals and blocks but his offense wasn't really needed after Lebrons 2nd quarter eruption. The game was basically over by half time.

Advantage: Lebron clearly.

The Championship
    @ the Pacers

AD hangs 40/20/4 on a ridiculous 16/24 from the field dominating both sides of the ball. Lebron puts up 24 points and 4 assists.

Advantage: AD in a landslide.

Overall? Given the fact that it was a split decision and AD dominated the final match, the fact he got 0 votes or consideration for the MVP proves this was a fraud basically setup WWE style for Lebron to win.

AD could've had a 70 point game in "the championship" and he still wouldn't have won.

The in season tournament was 7 games, not 3.