Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: I don't get how Anthony Davis didn't get MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    The in season tournament was 7 games, not 3.

Obviously the knockout tournament bears a heavier weight than the qualifiers. Nobody is counting one of the 1st regular season random games as highly as the ones in the final elimination brackets aka "the playoffs" of the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Obviously the knockout tournament bears a heavier weight than the qualifiers. Nobody is counting one of the 1st regular season random games as highly as the ones in the final elimination brackets aka "the playoffs" of the tournament.
    Obviously they all weigh the same or Jokic, Tatum, Embiid etc would have been in the final. It's an mvp for the whole tournament, not the championship game, not the rounds you choose, the whole thing. You aren't this stupid. Those 1st random games are why LA won the group and had a game on their homecourt in the knockout round.

Obviously they all weigh the same or Jokic, Tatum, Embiid etc would have been in the final. It's an mvp for the whole tournament, not the championship game, not the rounds you choose, the whole thing. You aren't this stupid. Those 1st random games are why LA won the group and had a game on their homecourt in the knockout round.

High School Starter lxlHoTsAuSelxl's Avatar

But but but nobody is counting the regular season games in Oct, Nov.

YES THEY DO COUNT

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post
    Davis put up monster numbers on the Final tournament game. When we give out the NBA Finals MVP, it's an award for the Finals, not the whole playoffs. So you would think that this award would go to the guy who got it done on the actual Championship game.

I mean if this were the other way around and Lebron put up 40 and 20, he would be the MVP automatically, even if he played horribly before. We all know that this tournament was set up to promote Lebron.

How come Lebron can't put up the 40-20, 5 block games? Davis is better than Lebron. At least at what he specializes in.

because they had to make a false narrative and bring up the goat debate again.