Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Something I need to get off my chest

Recently I'm just so exhausted coming on here. Everything is so emotional, so charged, so damn polarizing...

We all post on here because we love basketball and we are passionate but the moment you let your passion make you dislike those with different opinions is the moment you lost sight of everything. Many of us posted here for years and in a weird sort of way we know each other on some level even though we never had a beer together or went to school together or most of the time even talked about subjects other than basketball. But emotion connects us.

Look...

ONE DAY WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!

None of this is going to matter. Unless you have kids and grandkids, ain't nobody going to care that you were even alive. Even if you're a famous celebrity, there will be those who know you but they still aren't going to care. And even if you do have progeny, in a 100 years after you die, people still won't know or give a shit about you. You don't matter that much homie! And that's ok...

When I was younger, I was always intellectually inclined but I had anxiety. At one point, I had agoraphobia and couldn't leave my house without feeling extremely uncomfortable. I was so scared... turns out I was afraid of dying and I didn't even realize it. And the way to conquer that fear was to embrace it. Yes I am afraid BUT SO WHAT! I was afraid... and I admited it. I started talking to people about how I feel rather than staying in my own world. And I started feeling better. I also had extreme social anxiety but that went away as well. The secret was just admitting to myself that I was a headcase. I got over my fears and started being more bold. By my mid 20's I finished university, made lots of friends, started meeting girls and started pursuing my passions relentlessly. I still have fears but I can manage them... because I'm not afraid of being afraid. Yes I'm a ****en *****. So what!

The reason people are so hostile on here and everywhere in the world is deep down they want to feel like they made a difference; that their ideas are superior, that somehow deep down that will make people remember them when they die. People are subconsciously so afraid of dying and have been since the dawn of time that they created beliefs about the afterlife, about how a greater world beyond us awaits... all of these grandiose ideas about a greater future that have no objective proof. I'm personally not very religious if you can't tell but faith is important. But faith isn't just about religion. Faith to me is about believing in humanity.

As the great Charles Bukowski said "We're all going to die. All of us. What a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities. We are eaten up by nothing. " We are all flawed... we all have our quirks. We are all human. So what?

I love all of you mafakers

Default Re: Something I need to get off my chest

You made a poll and completely disregarded my and some other poster's LeBron votes.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    You made a poll and completely disregarded my and some other poster's LeBron votes.
    most boys who turns into men all understood the phrase "pick your poison". the guy just doesn't got it

I'll just say that I think the internet and social media is going to be an inflection point for society. We may not be the ones that see it, but in recent years it's really dawned on me that the human race generally speaking doesn't need to be as connected as modern tech has made us. We aren't collectively intelligent or disciplined enough to wield it, and I feel at some point something truly ****ed up will happen that can't be un****ed. How we haven't blown up the planet yet is beyond me. Its like Ian Malcolm said in Jurassic Park 'we were so occupied with whether we could that we never stopped to think if we should'. I feel the same way with the A.I onslaught. Its like James Cameron told us 40 years ago to not **** with this shit, but here we are. Maybe I've watched too many movies...

A website like this, just in the manner we can rarely calmly discuss something as meaningless as basketball, is just a microcosm of how far discourse has fallen due to social media and message boards.

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Recently I'm just so exhausted coming on here. Everything is so emotional, so charged, so damn polarizing...

We all post on here because we love basketball and we are passionate but the moment you let your passion make you dislike those with different opinions is the moment you lost sight of everything. Many of us posted here for years and in a weird sort of way we know each other on some level even though we never had a beer together or went to school together or most of the time even talked about subjects other than basketball. But emotion connects us.

Look...

ONE DAY WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!

None of this is going to matter. Unless you have kids and grandkids, ain't nobody going to care that you were even alive. Even if you're a famous celebrity, there will be those who know you but they still aren't going to care. And even if you do have progeny, in a 100 years after you die, people still won't know or give a shit about you. You don't matter that much homie! And that's ok...

When I was younger, I was always intellectually inclined but I had anxiety. At one point, I had agoraphobia and couldn't leave my house without feeling extremely uncomfortable. I was so scared... turns out I was afraid of dying and I didn't even realize it. And the way to conquer that fear was to embrace it. Yes I am afraid BUT SO WHAT! I was afraid... and I admited it. I started talking to people about how I feel rather than staying in my own world. And I started feeling better. I also had extreme social anxiety but that went away as well. The secret was just admitting to myself that I was a headcase. I got over my fears and started being more bold. By my mid 20's I finished university, made lots of friends, started meeting girls and started pursuing my passions relentlessly. I still have fears but I can manage them... because I'm not afraid of being afraid. Yes I'm a ****en *****. So what!

The reason people are so hostile on here and everywhere in the world is deep down they want to feel like they made a difference; that their ideas are superior, that somehow deep down that will make people remember them when they die. People are subconsciously so afraid of dying and have been since the dawn of time that they created beliefs about the afterlife, about how a greater world beyond us awaits... all of these grandiose ideas about a greater future that have no objective proof. I'm personally not very religious if you can't tell but faith is important. But faith isn't just about religion. Faith to me is about believing in humanity.

As the great Charles Bukowski said "We're all going to die. All of us. What a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities. We are eaten up by nothing. " We are all flawed... we all have our quirks. We are all human. So what?

I love all of you mafakers
    Faith (to me) is not believing in humanity - that will always fail you because we are all sinners. IMO, better to believe in something bigger - then one is not afraid of what most think (only those very close to one) - very freeing. Make the most of each day - it might be your last and puts things in perspective. Life is good - do the best you can and keep on chugging.

1-9

I don’t think my opinion means anything but some arguments deserve a hostile reaction especially in some serious topics. Basketball opinions don’t matter that much at end of day so none of them on their own deserve hostility. It’s more the trolling and intellectually dishonest stuff. When 3ball says lebron is the downfall of modern society, how can you treat that opinion with any civility haha

Banned

What a fragile biatch. ^

"WAAAAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH He disrgarded my votes on an ISH poll!!!"

86 Celtics >>>

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

This is exactly what I was thinking when reading OP's post.

But OP has a point. Alot of these arguments we have on here at the end of the day mean nothing, it's fun, but some people do go overboard.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post

But OP has a point. Alot of these arguments we have on here at the end of the day mean nothing, it's fun, but some people do go overboard.
    The op is basically addressed to you. You had an absolute meltdown because lebron didn’t get as many votes as you thought or something. You also tried to say Iverson3 wasn’t Lebron23 when he was obviously double voting for lebron lol.

You’re a child.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    The op is basically addressed to you. You had an absolute meltdown because lebron didn’t get as many votes as you thought or something. You also tried to say Iverson3 wasn’t Lebron23 when he was obviously double voting for lebron lol.

You’re a child.
    He basically addressed himself. He is the one who did the rigging, I simply called it out. And of course you are still butthurt that Curry didn't win any of those seasons besides 2022, every year from 2012-2020 basically went to LeBron and you cried like a bitch because of it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    He basically addressed himself. He is the one who did the rigging, I simply called it out. And of course you are still butthurt that Curry didn't win any of those seasons besides 2022, every year from 2012-2020 basically went to LeBron and you cried like a bitch because of it.
    Answer this question in a yes or no answer.

Did you say Iverson3 and Lebron23 were different posters when they both voted on the poll? (After complaining about supposedly alts voting against Lebron)

Yes or no.

I’m off to work. Hope you can have some intellectual honesty for once in your life.

Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Answer this question in a yes or no answer.

Did you say Iverson3 and Lebron23 were different posters when they both voted on the poll? (After complaining about supposedly alts voting against Lebron)

Yes or no.

I’m off to work. Hope you can have some intellectual honesty for once in your life.

Have a good one.
    Yes, later realized they are indeed the same person, but he also ignored votes from guys like aj1987 who is one of the smartest posters here and allowed posters like Bison & kawhileanoard who are obvious LeBron haters make a vote. No matter how you slice it, the vote counting was very suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN
    Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Ok bros I'm sorry ok.. I ****ed up that time.

Anyone else I wronged?

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Faith (to me) is not believing in humanity - that will always fail you because we are all sinners. IMO, better to believe in something bigger - then one is not afraid of what most think (only those very close to one) - very freeing. Make the most of each day - it might be your last and puts things in perspective. Life is good - do the best you can and keep on chugging.
    I don't mean believing in humanity as in everyone is a nice person or doesn't sin etc. but just knowing that the collective group of people that are alive will pull the world through. If you look at what humankind survived and is still surviving, the kind of adversity we often can't even imagine that many are going through. Life goes on with or without you. That's what I meant. And we might as well be nicer to each other to make it easier for all of us along the way. What is there to lose?

And yes, life is good. There is no such thing as objectively good. It's perspective and you might as well believe your life is good because if you think it's bad, you'll be miserable and what the **** is the point of that. One day it won't even matter to anyone. In a way it's scary but it's also freeing coming to grips with that.