Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Netflix just produced the greatest movie of all time - 10/10 epic masterpiece.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Default Re: Netflix just produced the greatest movie of all time - 10/10 epic masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by SunsN07BookIt View Post
    TheMan loved that movie

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post

ahhhh Alex Garland, i can't think of a better director for Civil War.

Have you seen the show Devs, op?

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    ahhhh Alex Garland, i can't think of a better director for Civil War.

Have you seen the show Devs, op?
    Have not heard of it until now...

Have not heard of it until now...

you would definitely enjoy it. it's one of the major reasons why i believe alex garland is the perfect writer/director for civil war. i may just rewatch it.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    you would definitely enjoy it. it's one of the major reasons why i believe alex garland is the perfect writer/director for civil war. i may just rewatch it.

Leave the World Behind is from the same director of Mr. Robot (Sam Esmail) .... And Mr. Robot is one of the most f*cked up TV shows I've ever seen.

Definitely a Masterpiece.... and probably one of the greatest shows ever produced. 45 episodes in 4 seasons...

While I didn't care much for the ending, everything else is perfect (especially the music), and the star of the show would later go on to win an Oscar.

I'll give Devs a watch... but I can assure you it won't be better than Mr.Robot, you should watch if you haven't already

Leave the World Behind is from the same director of Mr. Robot (Sam Esmail) .... And Mr. Robot is one of the most f*cked up TV shows I've ever seen.

Definitely a Masterpiece.... and probably one of the greatest shows ever produced. 45 episodes in 4 seasons...

While I didn't care much for the ending, everything else is perfect (especially the music), and the star of the show would later go on to win an Oscar.

I'll give Devs a watch... but I can assure you it won't be better than Mr.Robot, you should watch if you haven't already

i agree with you on Mr. Robot...some of those episodes were masterpieces on their own merit and probably some of the best TV I have ever watched. I forget why I don't rank this show up there with BB/Wire/Sopranos, it deserves to be mentioned among them for sure. I think the entire 4th season was a work of art, up there with Season 1 of True Detective. Both shows had a flat ending though...lots of lost potential/disapointment

Had no idea Esmail wrote leave the world behind, i think it fell short of its goal as a movie though, felt like a lot more could have been done with it given the plot and the really good cast.

for what it's worth, i truly believe a lot of these tv/movies with these eerie/doom/end of the world/conspiracy plots are gaining popularity with more audiences than ever before because of how disconnected everyone feels with each other. we've also seen how corrupt and menacing our own government has become, the patriot act and jon snowden really illuminated the truth to a lot of people, not just americans. it's no longer a secret. the world was fvcked up long before the patriot act, long before george orwell's book...but not too many people payed attention until now. we're more connected than ever through the internet, particularly the social media platforms, yet people feel more disconnected than ever. social decay may play a function as a result of corporate conspiracies, but ultimately, this world is becoming more and more fvcked up no matter what the crime stats read. stats are easily manipulated by those that understand statistics.

i am deeply interested in watching this film for personal reasons that i do not wish to share on the internet, but let's just say the ATF's handling of certain past events may have something to do with how i view our government. i don't trust it, because it is evil, it is unchecked and it will trample over anything you view as your "right". and no one will hold them accountable.

Looks shit.

NBA Superstar

Saw Cival War last night. I purposely never watch trailers so it’s not what I was expecting, but in a good way. Really well done and incredibly bleak.

I’d go 8/10.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

so is it worth watching or not