Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Default Re: Trump disqualified from 2024 presidential election rules Colorado supreme court

Quote Originally Posted by Chick Stern View Post
    Can you anti-vax delusionals at least specify which vaccine you think is the dangerous conspiracy one?

Default Re: Trump disqualified from 2024 presidential election rules Colorado supreme court

Quote Originally Posted by Baller234 View Post
    The one democrats said we couldn't trust heading into the 2020 election.
    lol - did a 180, about face on that one after they were in charge. Then "pandemic of the unvaccinated"
    Last edited by rmt; 01-01-2024 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rmt View Post
    lol - did a 180, about face on that one after they were in charge. Then "pandemic of the unvaccinated"
    When they weren’t in position to make big harma tons of money (and in return get hundreds of millions in campaign financing) they Said we couldn’t trust it, it wasn’t safe, and they wouldn’t take it if Trump pushed it.

Then once they were in power, and COULD mandate it (or close to it), they worked out some really lucrative, huge campaign finance donations for all democrats who would help push it in unison, and changed their tune immediately.

Any bootlicking herd animal who began demonizing their neighbors after that, with the exact phrases and language the tell lie vision utilized…. we knew they weren’t serious people. They were emotionally hijacked children, applying their ancestors religious fundamentalism, to the new cult they unknowingly joined.

When an administration invokes whole of government, it is mustering all the agencies under its command to a preferred goal. Thus the Securities and Exchange Commission, designed to regulate stock exchanges, is pressed into service to battle climate change. The Environmental Protection Agency, designed to promote clean air, land and water, is dragooned into energy and industrial policy.

It’s a sign that an executive branch of limited powers, supposedly operating under policy authorization from Congress, is about to do something without authority and in violation of the Constitution.

Such approaches haven’t fared well in the courts. Consider the administration’s whole-of-government approach to Covid-19. In Alabama Association of Realtors v. HHS (2021), the Supreme Court found that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s eviction moratorium almost certainly overstepped its authority.

Even after that judicial warning shot, the administration imposed vaccine mandates on workers throughout the economy. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration mandate on employers of more than 100 would have affected some 84 million Americans. But an Ohio-led coalition of states and businesses won its case at the high court in National Federation of Independent Businesses v. Department of Labor (2022).

But less-prominent agencies have also sought to become environmental regulators, including the Federal Highway Administration, which recently finalized a rule that would expand its mandate to promote highway safety into requiring that states create targets for greenhouse-gas reduction. Last month, 21 states (including Ohio) sued to block this rule, which is far outside the federal highway regulators’ lane.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-t...nion_lead_pos6

Not authoritarian, my foot.
    Last edited by rmt; 01-04-2024 at 02:49 AM.

When an administration invokes whole of government, it is mustering all the agencies under its command to a preferred goal. Thus the Securities and Exchange Commission, designed to regulate stock exchanges, is pressed into service to battle climate change. The Environmental Protection Agency, designed to promote clean air, land and water, is dragooned into energy and industrial policy.

It’s a sign that an executive branch of limited powers, supposedly operating under policy authorization from Congress, is about to do something without authority and in violation of the Constitution.

Such approaches haven’t fared well in the courts. Consider the administration’s whole-of-government approach to Covid-19. In Alabama Association of Realtors v. HHS (2021), the Supreme Court found that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s eviction moratorium almost certainly overstepped its authority.

Even after that judicial warning shot, the administration imposed vaccine mandates on workers throughout the economy. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration mandate on employers of more than 100 would have affected some 84 million Americans. But an Ohio-led coalition of states and businesses won its case at the high court in National Federation of Independent Businesses v. Department of Labor (2022).

But less-prominent agencies have also sought to become environmental regulators, including the Federal Highway Administration, which recently finalized a rule that would expand its mandate to promote highway safety into requiring that states create targets for greenhouse-gas reduction. Last month, 21 states (including Ohio) sued to block this rule, which is far outside the federal highway regulators’ lane.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-t...nion_lead_pos6

Not authoritarian, my foot.
    Federal government can impose vaccine mandates on federal employees, just like a private business can for private employees. Federal government can't do so on private companies though - courts usually stop that.

There is a reason for courts - to maintain balance of power. Biden has not tried to circumvent the courts. Trump tried to circumvent the balance of power through his moves post-election. You would have to be a brain-dead partisan hack to not see the difference.

It's also within the federal government power to lessen environmental impact if they wish. It's nobody else's fault that conservatives don't accept science. If they could have it their way, they would ban green energy and push hard for coal/oil usage to increase just to fulfill their petty vindictiveness. I believe you would support that. Your post history tells me that you have a tendency for petty vindictiveness because you are also a partisan hack like anyone here.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Federal government can impose vaccine mandates on federal employees, just like a private business can for private employees. Federal government can't do so on private companies though - courts usually stop that.

There is a reason for courts - to maintain balance of power. Biden has not tried to circumvent the courts. Trump tried to circumvent the balance of power through his moves post-election. You would have to be a brain-dead partisan hack to not see the difference.

It's also within the federal government power to lessen environmental impact if they wish. It's nobody else's fault that conservatives don't accept science. If they could have it their way, they would ban green energy and push hard for coal/oil usage to increase just to fulfill their petty vindictiveness. I believe you would support that. Your post history tells me that you have a tendency for petty vindictiveness because you are also a partisan hack like anyone here.
    Brain-dead, petty, vindictive - quite a list of insults. I doubt you include yourself in "partisan hack like anyone here".

Banned

@bladefd

If Brandon wasn't trying force private citizens to take the vaccine, then why did he literally threaten them?

"We've been patient, but our patience is wearing thin..."

Brandon said that LIVE when addressing the nation.

What exactly did he mean by that? I want you to be specific.

NBA All-star

@bladefd

If Brandon wasn't trying force private citizens to take the vaccine, then why did he literally threaten them?

Brandon needs a female homosexual to call themselves Gay instead of Lesbian

Brain-dead, petty, vindictive - quite a list of insults. I doubt you include yourself in "partisan hack like anyone here".
    Do you not see a difference? If you don't see a difference then yes, you are a brain-dead partisan hack.

I don't know about you, but I actually believe in democracy and maintaining a balance of power between the three branches of government. You are going any distance possible to defend Trump, including defending him trying to take the hammer to democracy & circumvent the balance of power. I don't stoop to that level for anyone. If Biden loses the election and refuses to leave office by any means necessary, I will trash him too come November. Truth be told, nobody has actually attempted something like that until Trump. And you are defending him. Yes, you absolutely are a massive partisan hack.

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

@bladefd

Again, WHICH vaccine? I want you to be specific.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chick Stern View Post
    Again, WHICH vaccine? I want you to be specific.
    The vaccine that democrats told us not to take in 2020, but pressured us to take in 2021.

The covid vaccine.

The vaccine that democrats told us not to take in 2020, but pressured us to take in 2021.

The covid vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer View Post

Banned

I love it when democrats and anti-Trumpers who love to call Orange Face an evil dictator... seal their lips the moment you remind them that the Biden administration coerced private citizens into taking a needle in their arm and injecting themselves with an experimental vaccine.

I guess forced needles are a requirement of being on The Right Side Of History(TM).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

I love it when democrats and anti-Trumpers who love to call Orange Face an evil dictator... seal their lips the moment you remind them that the Biden administration coerced private citizens into taking a needle in their arm and injecting themselves with an experimental vaccine.

I guess forced needles are a requirement of being on The Right Side Of History(TM).
    They go “oh we are tired of talking about that.”