Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Default Re: Who is the best scorer in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Luka averaging 34/8/9 off 61% TS

GOAT numbers and unlike a certain African flopper he can do it in the playoffs

Honestly Luka belongs in the GOAT scorer conversation

If and when he makes the playoffs .

Not when he leads his team to the lottery like last season Or is this conveniently forgotten or ignored?

Great playoff scorers don't even actually need to make the playoffs anymore, right?

You didn't actually need to use Luka to troll Embiid's playoff performance, it speaks for itself.

You not even trying anymore, Manny.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post

Not when he leads his team to the lottery like last season Or is this conveniently forgotten or ignored?

Great playoff scorers don't even actually need to make the playoffs anymore, right?

You didn't actually need to use Luka to troll Embiid's playoff performance, it speaks for itself.

it's not his fault they didn't make the play-in!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

He missed the playoffs one year due to having the worst cast in the league + injuries

How about the year before where he lifted Dallas to the conference finals averaging 32/9/6 upsetting the stacked Suns in the process

Luka at 22 has played in more conference finals games than Embiid could dream of in his life

Very good NBA starter

Luka averaging 34/8/9 off 61% TS

GOAT numbers and unlike a certain African flopper he can do it in the playoffs

Honestly Luka belongs in the GOAT scorer conversation
    Not yet, but he's getting there.

I'd still like to see him work the post more, but I guess with how defense is not allowed, it's better to spam 3s and floaters.

That said, the reason why following Luka is so rewarding is because he actually works on his game, a lot.

Last season he added his league leading post game, this season he added spot up shooting. Yes, he spot up shoots now. I can't see spot up stats pr. distance, but Luka is shooting 42% on spot ups, which I assume are mostly 3s.

Luka now has almost all shots in his arsenal. What he needs to add is the ability to cut off ball, get easy off ball buckets. If he adds that then we can talk and call him the greatest ever.

He missed the playoffs one year due to having the worst cast in the league + injuries

How about the year before where he lifted Dallas to the conference finals averaging 32/9/6 upsetting the stacked Suns in the process

Luka at 22 has played in more conference finals games than Embiid could dream of in his life
    Your boy Kyrie not enough to get to the play-in?

Luka at 22 has missed the playoffs more than Joel.

Gotta be in the the playoffs to be the greatest playoff scorer.

Luka has missed too many games

Your boy Kyrie not enough to get to the play-in?

Luka at 22 has missed the playoffs more than Joel.

Gotta be in the the playoffs to be the greatest playoff scorer.

Luka has missed too many games
    Yet has still managed to play in more conference finals how embarrassing is that for Embum

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post

I'd still like to see him work the post more, but I guess with how defense is not allowed, it's better to spam 3s and floaters.

That said, the reason why following Luka is so rewarding is because he actually works on his game, a lot.

Last season he added his league leading post game, this season he added spot up shooting. Yes, he spot up shoots now. I can't see spot up stats pr. distance, but Luka is shooting 42% on spot ups, which I assume are mostly 3s.

Luka now has almost all shots in his arsenal. What he needs to add is the ability to cut off ball, get easy off ball buckets. If he adds that then we can talk and call him the greatest ever.
    This season he has improved his 3 point shot

You're right once Luka improves his off ball scoring which he will, he will unquestionably be the greatest scorer

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

I do recall the stat (pre-all-star break) showing him leading the entire league in total post scoring and was mid-60’s post FG%

Did that hold up all 82 games ? Did he outscore Jokic and Embiid in total post up points last year ?????

Don't think he has the athletic motor/stamina for that. It would be unfair if he did.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Don't think he has the athletic motor/stamina for that. It would be unfair if he did.
    He can look at Lebron in Lakers.

He doesn't need to run around like Curry, just take some possesions off, let someone else walk it up.

I'd like to see him do some curl action and not only because this was one of my faves as a player:

Luka is 2 in this scenario, Kyrie 4, Lively or Grant 1. You can imagine him "taking a play off" standing in the corner with Kyrie dribbling, then Lively running down setting the screen, Doncic gets it at the elbow and from there you have the floater, the alley oop or the weakside pass to Grant or Hardaway.

Someone should make me coach.

7-time NBA All-Star

Luka

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Luka
    Enough said.

If this guy posts this, time to lock up the thread.

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Local High School Star

Embiid

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Hunger View Post
    Embiid