Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Default Re: "I'm Not A Part of a MAGA Agenda"

MAGA is consistent in one thing… Stupidity. Green Day has always been political and they have always been anti-Conservative bullshit. American Idiot was written for George W Bush. Now it is about MAGA idiots.
    Last edited by Lakers Legend#32; 01-02-2024 at 05:27 PM.

“How could Green Day bring politics into an already political song?”
    -people who don’t understand punk rock at all, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    If the long since irrelevant Johnny Lydon is the best the conservatives can do as a cultural influence on their behalf, then you know the MAGAS got nothing.

Banned

Green Day is all for bombing other countries... when a democrat is in office.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post
    Green Day has been slamming Trump since he was in office, but now they are supposed to do a 180 on him because he isn't in power and Biden is?

And then if he wins in 2024 they are allowed to slam him again?
    Why use that moment to a make a political statement at all? It's New Years Eve and all types of people are watching and trying to have fun. How does that help things? How does that unite the country? Do they think they're changing anyone's mind? Or was the need to flip off half the country that essential to them.

Team blue says they just want peace and inclusion, yet they take every waking moment they can to remind the other side how much they hate them and don't wish to be associated with them. Even during a random new years eve performance that is supposed to be a time to celebrate.
    Last edited by Baller234; 01-02-2024 at 06:19 PM.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

The celebrity left are the mouthpieces of big pharma, globalist, anti-individualism, corporate elites who like to attack working class people. How did we get here? You gotta admit, the left USED to be cool, they were rebels, now they hate rebels and anyone who dare stand out with a different opinion. Again, how in holy hell did we get to this bizarro world point?

How can anyone have an issue with a slogan like "Make America Great Again"? Do you prefer MASA? Make America Shit Again? I guess we've been doing that lately.
    Calm down.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    The celebrity left are the mouthpieces of big pharma, globalist, anti-individualism, corporate elites who like to attack working class people. How did we get here? You gotta admit, the left USED to be cool, they were rebels, now they hate rebels and anyone who dare stand out with a different opinion. Again, how in holy hell did we get to this bizarro world point?
    People like Lakers Legend despise normal and honest working class people, all while worshiping the left's knighted public figures and celebrities.

Just look at this this thread. The entire premise basically boils down to "Ha! Our side is right because OUR side has Green Day!".. as if to say if you aren't a prominent entertainer or so called culture influencer then your opinion doesn't matter. Because the band members of Green Day are just better people than your average blue collar joe. Smarter too.

What's even more hilarious is that he's totally wrong. There are plenty of prominent influencers and famous people that are anti-woke. Dave Chapelle? Joe Rogan? Logan Paul? Dana White? Elon Musk for crying out loud? Lol, these people aren't culturally relevant?

But hey don't worry guys, Green Day says they aren't down with Trump. I guess the culture war is settled then.

Quote Originally Posted by Baller234 View Post
    Why use that moment to a make a political statement at all? It's New Years Eve and all types of people are watching and trying to have fun. How does that help things? How does that unite the country? Do they think they're changing anyone's mind? Or was the need to flip off half the country that essential to them.

Team blue says they just want peace and inclusion, yet they take every waking moment they can to remind the other side how much they hate them and don't wish to be associated with them. Even during a random new years eve performance that is supposed to be a time to celebrate.
    MAGAS have never been about uniting the country. Their political lifeblood is division.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32 View Post
    MAGAS have never been about uniting the country. Their political lifeblood is division.
    Says the guy that supports prosecuting and silencing your enemies. Says the guy that talks negatively about Republicans and Trump on a daily basis 24/7. So yeah, tell us about how we divide the country you dumb ****.

Banned

I guess you are no better then.

“How could Green Day bring politics into an already political song?”
    -people who don’t understand punk rock at all, probably.
    LOL @ calling their music punk rock

dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    LOL @ calling their music punk rock

dumb
    Ain't their early works are punk rock?

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer View Post
    No.... true punk rock doesn't get played on mainstream radio

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer View Post
    That's the most hilarious thing about people like you (who still watch garbage wrestling when that product is washed up) and LakersLegend who attempt to make a point, but don't have a ****ing clue of what they're talking about. Punk rock? Really??

As Hey Yo mentioned, Punk Rock doesn't get played on the radio.