Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Dave Chappelle Jim Carrey joke

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Cool to hear Chappelle talking about his admiration of Jim Carrey. As successful as Carrey is I think he’s *still* underrated, in the sense many people dont really understand how unique it is to be able to be THAT creatively uninhibited on stage or on camera. He is a human Pandora’s Box of comedy in a way I dont think has ever really been paralleled by anyone. Not to say his humor or style will be every person’s personal favorite, I’m just talking about his pure talent for producing bits and bringing them to life with his face and voice and mind etc in such a fearless way. He really is the definition of someone who was born to do what they do. Like Dave said, it’s not a thing where he said “Hmm, I think Ill give this a try” and then practiced and pursued it. He is just purely hard wired to be a human comedy machine in such a way that I dont know of ANY good comparisons in the history of comedy and film.

Dave gets it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baller234 View Post
    Carrey is one of the most singular talented funny people we've ever seen. The type of person who can be funny on command, almost like he's operating on a different wavelength than the rest of humanity and runs on different energy.

He belongs to an elite, elite class. I might throw Robin Williams into the conversation too. Guys who can just carry an entire movie purely on comedic vibrations. I hate to say it because she turned out to be such a stupid c*nt, but Whoopi Goldberg is up there too. Elite tier talent.
    Williams absolutely came to my mind after reading Chris' post. And both suffer(ed) from depression. Maybe that's part of their gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gates View Post
    Not surprised to see that my point went over your head. If you are never around trans people ever, who cares what they think they are? And how can they make you feel any sort of way if they aren't in your life at all?

Dave hung out with Jim Carrey, and it made him feel a certain way. But he didn't hang out with a trans person, or at least I highly doubt he did.

Not just has he hung out with trans people, how exactly is that relevant to saying how trans people make him feel? Trans people are very loud and clear in their message lol.

Dont need to hang out with one in order to know what a trans person is.

But anyway, you have the same stupid "who cares" argument in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Repeatedly taking swipes at the trans community feels like very low effort for a comedian of his stature. (Didn't watch clip so maybe overstating). I have enjoyed all of his stand ups but am not interested in hearing him talk about something like this over and over again. Some tiring fake culture war bs. He is capable of more.

Agree with FNR about Jim.

Given how public and mainstream trans is and has become, taking over every part of our lives to the detriment of the entire society, surely 2-3 minutes in a 1 hour special is warranted, right?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    Dave used to be mad funny. He's falling off tremendously. He's living off his name now which is good for him but his last few specials have not been that good.
    People are gonna watch it because is Dave Chappelle and nothing more.
    He has kinda shifted into his cool OG phase. I agree he was funnier when he was more of a crazy kid.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

I think comedy has changed in general and a lot of these comedians are still walking on eggshells due to the Woke mob. It'll take years and years before comedy gets back to what it used to be where you could make fun of anyone and anything. What guys like Chapelle and Gervais are doing now is setting up the next generation of comedians by basically just going out there and saying that they're going to make fun of these people whether it be Gays or Trans. Once the initial proclamation is made and people just accept it cause you can't cancel guys as powerful and as famous as Chappelle and Gervais and the fact that Wokeism is slowly dying out, then comedy will return to what it once was.

So I don't think it's Dave or Ricky losing their mojo, I think it's a slow-process into getting back into what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post

Given how public and mainstream trans is and has become, taking over every part of our lives

College superstar

Chapelle is the most overrated comic all time.

Half Baked was wack and everything he’s done since is straight wack.

He’s also the OG Hollywood diva to run and leave America because everything is all bad. Lmao. Dude straight ran to South Africa on a nervous breakdown like a bitch.

He acts like he has inside knowledge to Hollywoods shady shit but won’t just come out and tell us exactly what is up.

He’s a straight douche.

College superstar

Half of the sketches on The Chapelle Show were like the movie American History X. Probably meant to denounce racism but all they did was give white peeps an excuse to say racial shit. I mean white people weren’t laughing at themselves with the black blind KKK guy bit. Just like white peeps weren’t feeling sorry for black peeps after Ed Norton curb stomps a mofo.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    That’s all you have Satan? Lmao. Straight joke.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt View Post
    Chapelle is the most overrated comic all time.
    Nice to know you have shit taste in comedy.

Chappelle and Pryor are the two best to ever do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    Williams absolutely came to my mind after reading Chris' post. And both suffer(ed) from depression. Maybe that's part of their gift.
    Yeah. I was thinking the same. It's raw energy. It sucks. I think I have that, too, except, yknow, not a millionaire star haha. People can appreciate it for awhile, or from a distance, but nobody wants to really kick it with you long term. Gotta feel bad for their wives.

The one thing I dislike about Jim is I think he takes himself too seriously. I don't think Robin did. Like Steve Martin imo is on that level, too, but he can be a pretentious ass. I think Jim is closer to that than Robin. Robin wanted to be taken seriously, too, and arguably had way more talent, and went way deeper with acting than any of them... but it's hard to imagine him ever dropping 'the act' and just being like 'get me my latte pronto.' Or being like "No, you gotta call me ANDY."

It's weird, people talk about psychopaths and stuff, and how they are empty, but it's not that different than people like Robin Williams. He could deflate into nothing. He wasn't malignant, though, but when he hit the switch it was like bam. I dunno if Jim was on that level. Robin was special, and I dunno if it was 'comedy' that was his best gift. It was just ridiculous the amount of energy he had.

There are raw energy dudes like Chris Farley, too, but they weren't nearly as refined as Robin. Robin was truly a special dude. I think you have to be a serious hater to dislike him.

-Smak

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post

Naw. Carlin and Hicks are way better.

Yo edit

Stand up is probably the easiest and wackest art form there is to be be real.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak View Post
    Yeah. I was thinking the same. It's raw energy. It sucks. I think I have that, too, except, yknow, not a millionaire star haha. People can appreciate it for awhile, or from a distance, but nobody wants to really kick it with you long term. Gotta feel bad for their wives.

The one thing I dislike about Jim is I think he takes himself too seriously. I don't think Robin did. Like Steve Martin imo is on that level, too, but he can be a pretentious ass. I think Jim is closer to that than Robin. Robin wanted to be taken seriously, too, and arguably had way more talent, and went way deeper with acting than any of them... but it's hard to imagine him ever dropping 'the act' and just being like 'get me my latte pronto.' Or being like "No, you gotta call me ANDY."

It's weird, people talk about psychopaths and stuff, and how they are empty, but it's not that different than people like Robin Williams. He could deflate into nothing. He wasn't malignant, though, but when he hit the switch it was like bam. I dunno if Jim was on that level. Robin was special, and I dunno if it was 'comedy' that was his best gift. It was just ridiculous the amount of energy he had.

There are raw energy dudes like Chris Farley, too, but they weren't nearly as refined as Robin. Robin was truly a special dude. I think you have to be a serious hater to dislike him.

-Smak
    These guys sold themselves out to be that way.

THAT IS WHY THEY WERE DEPRESSED. LMAO.

Yeah they are funny. Like any other mofo.

They turned it up to 10 like Fultz and any other dick suckers ass would to get famous.

Banned

I see Satan is still sore from his last pegging.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post

Carlin was special too. Big 3 of standup comedy