Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Is Anthony Edwards “next” or is that space already occupied by Luka and SGA?

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Could have won something? I mean…a few playoff series maybe.

Perhaps the eastern conference in an off year.
    The 1 man band Kidd and Iverson Sixers and Nets owned the eastern conference back then. Along with the Ewing-less 8 seed Knicks in 1999 and Reggie Pacers in 2000.

Every year back then was an "off year" in the East. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about on this subject.

Adding prime Kobe or any top 10-20 GOAT to those 50 win Charlotte teams are making the Finals and winning at least 1 ring. Kobe won more with less in the late 2000s.

Good High School Starter

Default Re: Is Anthony Edwards “next” or is that space already occupied by Luka and SGA?

Wembanyama barring injury. That's pretty clear at this point.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    The 1 man band Kidd and Iverson Sixers and Nets owned the eastern conference back then. Along with the Ewing-less 8 seed Knicks in 1999 and Reggie Pacers in 2000.

Every year back then was an "off year" in the East. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about on this subject.

Adding prime Kobe or any top 10-20 GOAT to those 50 win Charlotte teams are making the Finals and winning at least 1 ring. Kobe won more with less in the late 2000s.
    That's good fun.

Anyway, the point of the original comment wasn't to drop Kobe exactly as he was on the Charlotte Hornets. Who knows how things turn out with him and his development if he's drafted into a different situation. And who knows what the landscape of the Hornets looks like. With Kobe on the Roster, are they still getting the 3rd pick in 99 and/or drafting Baron Davis? Highly doubt it.

But even still, if they did happen to make it out of the East (which is no guarantee), then they aren't beating any combination of the Kings or Spurs, and later Mavericks, at ALL. Those were far better teams and 20 y/o Kobe with a slightly above average team around him actually taking that on is a silly thought to have.

The "Kobe won more with less later on" thing is oh so rich coming from you. I could have sworn that a couple weeks ago (when talking about the state of the current West) that you made it a whole thing about how we have to take into account league differences/strength when arguing across years. Seems like that bit only mattered to you in the moment.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Kobe literally owned the Spurs back then and the Mavericks were not in prime form back then. The Kings would've been a problem but they were a problem for everybody.

It's just hilarious that you think adding one of the best players of all time to a 50 win team couldn't beat the Nets or Knicks or Sixers back then. "Maybe".

If you added Charles Barkley or David Robinson or Karl Malone to those 50 win Charlotte teams in that conference they'd probably win a ring or two. And they're not nearly as high on GOAT lists as Kobe.

You just dont understand how it was back then. But we can forgive you for you know not what you say or do my friend.

NBA Superstar

The Charlotte Hornets won 51 games in 1998. Kobe was 19.

Yes any good, seasoned and well-disciplined team would be just fine. The Spurs in particular would destroy them.

You still don't seem to be grasping that we aren't dropping prime Kobe on the Hornets. It's 18-year-old Kobe.

Shai would be but that man don't got the personality.

Purely from a basketball talent point of view, he would be but that dude is boring.

I love players who legitimately play both ways. Want nothing but success for Shai (as long as it doesn't come at the expense of my Wolves )

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    SGA and Ant are on the same trajectory.

Theyre not at Doncic level in any way yet though.

Well, as I said.

I would give myself credit but it was a fairly obvious take.

More surprised people disagreed. The same idiots though more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Well, as I said.

I would give myself credit but it was a fairly obvious take.

More surprised people disagreed. The same idiots though more or less.
    SGA was first team all nba last year and this year, is a MVP finalist but somehow isnt on the same level as Doncic? Cool story bro.

Very good NBA starter

Luka = Lebron with personality of Kobe
    Shai = Iverson with personality of Tmac
    Ant = Vince with personality of Westbrook
    Wemby = KG with personality of Dirk
    Tatum = Ray Allen who thinks he's Kobe

That's how I see the young crop.

Luka is going to take over the league after Jokic supposedly quits after a 3-peat to race horses.

Then you'll have Shai being his main competition. Not as good, but easier to build around, so every time Luka doesn't have a good team, Shai will be there to contend. Ant-man will be a local american fan favorite, but he'll probably be more known as the glorious loser, the spectacular player that lacked the finesse of the rest.

Wemby, we are still to see how you build a team around him, just like with KG, but for sure he'll win a ring or two on the right team, just don't know if he'll be a KG or a Hakeem, my bet is KG.

Tatum will get his most success once he accepts a PG13 role with another superstar.

I appreciate Edwards’ grit, intensity on both ends, willingness to step up in big moments and all those things. And that does help offset those nights like yesterday where you go 3-12, and still found ways to make an impact.

But that said, you cant have those 3-12 nights too often if youre gonna be in the elite. And I feel like right now he’s still probably the most prone guy of the bunch to do that. Altho hes also one of the youngest still ofc.

The other thing is, and you can only play who’s in front of you so it’s not his fault, but I wanna see what hes gonna do against teams with a little more resistance than the Phoenix Buns. Yeah it’s nice to beat up on them but theyre a jump shooting team. They have no toughness or depth. Theyll lie down for you.

Next round I guess theyll get Denver, and Im not gonna blame him if they lose that one. It’s a shame cuz Id have liked to see him go up against OKC or Dallas, or even New Orleans next round. Phoenix is too easy and Denver’s too hard, so I dont think theyre great measuring sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    I appreciate Edwards’ grit, intensity on both ends, willingness to step up in big moments and all those things. And that does help offset those nights like yesterday where you go 3-12, and still found ways to make an impact.

But that said, you cant have those 3-12 nights too often if youre gonna be in the elite. And I feel like right now he’s still probably the most prone guy of the bunch to do that. Altho hes also one of the youngest still ofc.

The other thing is, and you can only play who’s in front of you so it’s not his fault, but I wanna see what hes gonna do against teams with a little more resistance than the Phoenix Buns. Yeah it’s nice to beat up on them but theyre a jump shooting team. They have no toughness or depth. Theyll lie down for you.

Next round I guess theyll get Denver, and Im not gonna blame him if they lose that one. It’s a shame cuz Id have liked to see him go up against OKC or Dallas, or even New Orleans next round. Phoenix is too easy and Denver’s too hard, so I dont think theyre great measuring sticks.

Ant played a series against Denver last year and dropped 32/5/5 on them.

I didn't watch last nights game yet but i am assuming the Suns loaded up on Ant to force the other guys to beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Ant played a series against Denver last year and dropped 32/5/5 on them.

I didn't watch last nights game yet but i am assuming the Suns loaded up on Ant to force the other guys to beat them.

That line doesnt tell me how he played. Luka had a line like that in Game 1 the other day and he played like shit. Plus the Twolves were way overmatched by Denver last year. Maybe they were just letting Ant go crazy and knew that would be enough. I didnt really watch the series cuz it was clearly lopsided and didnt seem that interesting.

Wolves are a different team this year and I'd like to watch Edwards play against a team of a comparable caliber. Obviously if he plays great against Denver in a close series I'll give him a lot of credit. But I'm not sure it's gonna be the best barometer of where he is right now, just cuz Denver's a different kind of animal.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    That line doesnt tell me how he played. Luka had a line like that in Game 1 the other day and he played like shit. Plus the Twolves were way overmatched by Denver last year. Maybe they were just letting Ant go crazy and knew that would be enough. I didnt really watch the series cuz it was clearly lopsided and didnt seem that interesting.

Wolves are a different team this year and I'd like to watch Edwards play against a team of a comparable caliber. Obviously if he plays great against Denver in a close series I'll give him a lot of credit. But I'm not sure it's gonna be the best barometer of where he is right now, just cuz Denver's a different kind of animal.

Umm...no. The Wolves were missing Daniels and Reid making them that much easier for Denver to defend.

Ant's worst game was game one when they lost by 29 and he only scored 18. The next 4 games were close and they had nothing for Ant. Their only strategy was to bait him into shooting jumpers and hope he missed, which he did at times. In games 3 and 5 he was a combined 3-17 from 3 and they lost those two games by a combined 12 points.

When Ant decided to attack the rim Denver didn't have an answer. You should try telling Denver that they had an easy series because that would be news to them. They came out and said that Minny gave them trouble.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Ant is an interesting combination of dog and likability. From all accounts he is well liked by teammates and willing to be coached hard, but his competitiveness definitely comes through in games.
    He’s the good kind of killer. The kind of killer who doesn’t actually want to see you dead just to make you acknowledge where you both stand. It might even be disrespectful like Jordan talking shit to George Gervin when he got to the league, and even after he came to the bulls. He was disrespecting a legend. And the words are a little personal. But you know what’s behind it is just competitiveness.

Like Lawrence Taylor. Played out of his ****ing mind aggressive but when he snapped Joe Theismann‘s leg, he was the first one yelling for help. It’s always “**** em….” but with a purpose. Let’s all go home in one piece. I just want to prove myself kinda “**** em” as opposed to a dirty Karl Malone disregard for the people around you “**** em”.

I can respect that. It’s the appropriate level of asshole long as your ability can back it up. I **** with him going forward.

High School Varsity 6th Man

when kawhi’s gone, ant will be the only one left

blazy — you got a minute?

you seriously can’t pm on this site? cot dayumn