Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Dave Chappelle Jim Carrey joke

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Dave Chappelle Jim Carrey joke

Saw the spacial last night, shit was hilarious.

Critics/mainstream media are already triggered by it.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dav...ometer-reviews

Decent playground baller

I don't care what he says, he's a comedian, it's jokes, he can say what he wants. But with that said I think the issue I have with his input is that I highly doubt Dave has spent any significant time with a trans person. Or any time at all. "That's how trans people make you feel"? Like when Dave? When you saw one walk past you at a restaurant? When were you hanging out with a trans person?

Chewing and others in here do this as well. They have a lot of input about how trans people make them feel, but the reality is that trans people don't make them feel like anything, because they've never been around one for longer than 2 seconds once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gates View Post
    I don't care what he says, he's a comedian, it's jokes, he can say what he wants. But with that said I think the issue I have with his input is that I highly doubt Dave has spent any significant time with a trans person. Or any time at all. "That's how trans people make you feel"? Like when Dave? When you saw one walk past you at a restaurant? When were you hanging out with a trans person?

Chewing and others in here do this as well. They have a lot of input about how trans people make them feel, but the reality is that trans people don't make them feel like anything, because they've never been around one for longer than 2 seconds once a year.
    You clearly don't get the joke. Or you're being willfully ignorant because Trans people tend to vote along your political lines.

Trans people make me feel sick. Probably the same as how Dave Chappelle feels. Because these people are weird and morally corrupt. But the joke was about how it doesn't matter how much Jim Carrey looked and acted like Andy Kaufman, he was still Jim Carrey in the end. So it doesn't matter how much makeup a man puts on to look like a woman.....he's still a man. Get it?

Cool to hear Chappelle talking about his admiration of Jim Carrey. As successful as Carrey is I think he’s *still* underrated, in the sense many people dont really understand how unique it is to be able to be THAT creatively uninhibited on stage or on camera. He is a human Pandora’s Box of comedy in a way I dont think has ever really been paralleled by anyone. Not to say his humor or style will be every person’s personal favorite, I’m just talking about his pure talent for producing bits and bringing them to life with his face and voice and mind etc in such a fearless way. He really is the definition of someone who was born to do what they do. Like Dave said, it’s not a thing where he said “Hmm, I think Ill give this a try” and then practiced and pursued it. He is just purely hard wired to be a human comedy machine in such a way that I dont know of ANY good comparisons in the history of comedy and film.

Dave gets it.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    You clearly don't get the joke. Or you're being willfully ignorant because Trans people tend to vote along your political lines.

Trans people make me feel sick. Probably the same as how Dave Chappelle feels. Because these people are weird and morally corrupt. But the joke was about how it doesn't matter how much Jim Carrey looked and acted like Andy Kaufman, he was still Jim Carrey in the end. So it doesn't matter how much makeup a man puts on to look like a woman.....he's still a man. Get it?
    Not surprised to see that my point went over your head. If you are never around trans people ever, who cares what they think they are? And how can they make you feel any sort of way if they aren't in your life at all?

Dave hung out with Jim Carrey, and it made him feel a certain way. But he didn't hang out with a trans person, or at least I highly doubt he did.

Trans people don't deserve an ounce of respect for pushing their BS on mainstream society

Not surprised to see that my point went over your head. If you are never around trans people ever, who cares what they think they are? And how can they make you feel any sort of way if they aren't in your life at all?

Dave hung out with Jim Carrey, and it made him feel a certain way. But he didn't hang out with a trans person, or at least I highly doubt he did.
    And here we have it, folks!!

The prototypical "Who cares?" deflection post

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    And here we have it, folks!!

The prototypical "Who cares?" deflection post
    Actually you just deflected my question, which was very much on topic, with this. But I don't really care about your reasoning to be honest. I already know it has nothing of substance.

fantastic special and that opening jim carrey joke was fckin hilarious. the jokes got a lil thin through the middle but he wrangled it back in with his nostalgia and the story about his attack/chris rock.

i really like the whole "you are in your own dream" line, it's fax. i've sat down my workers and told them the same thing when discussing performance and goals. we are walking in spheres, you are what you make of yourself.

Banned

Don't blame us, blame the TQ+ community.

Nobody minded when they were an unseen, unheard subculture. They were free to mind their business and carry on without anyone sticking their beak in.

They picked a fight with the normies first. They demanded we use their pronouns. They demanded we integrate men into women's spaces. They demanded we put children on "puberty blockers". They are the ones using mainstream media and entertainment to lecture us every moment of the day.

Now that they've demanded our compliance, normal people are looking more deeply into them and asking questions and taking note. Turns out they are mostly delusional, crazy weirdos. Best to mock those people if you ask me.

Repeatedly taking swipes at the trans community feels like very low effort for a comedian of his stature. (Didn't watch clip so maybe overstating). I have enjoyed all of his stand ups but am not interested in hearing him talk about something like this over and over again. Some tiring fake culture war bs. He is capable of more.

Agree with FNR about Jim.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Cool to hear Chappelle talking about his admiration of Jim Carrey. As successful as Carrey is I think he’s *still* underrated, in the sense many people dont really understand how unique it is to be able to be THAT creatively uninhibited on stage or on camera. He is a human Pandora’s Box of comedy in a way I dont think has ever really been paralleled by anyone. Not to say his humor or style will be every person’s personal favorite, I’m just talking about his pure talent for producing bits and bringing them to life with his face and voice and mind etc in such a fearless way. He really is the definition of someone who was born to do what they do. Like Dave said, it’s not a thing where he said “Hmm, I think Ill give this a try” and then practiced and pursued it. He is just purely hard wired to be a human comedy machine in such a way that I dont know of ANY good comparisons in the history of comedy and film.

Dave gets it.
    Carrey is one of the most singular talented funny people we've ever seen. The type of person who can be funny on command, almost like he's operating on a different wavelength than the rest of humanity and runs on different energy.

He belongs to an elite, elite class. I might throw Robin Williams into the conversation too. Guys who can just carry an entire movie purely on comedic vibrations. I hate to say it because she turned out to be such a stupid c*nt, but Whoopi Goldberg is up there too. Elite tier talent.

eeeh.

He obviously MADE A JOKE, and it was kinda multi-level in how he did it, but that part... it was really just a throw away line. You realize that right? haha. It was just trash. It was just like some **** you. It really doesn't make sense if you think about it. It doesn't have to do with whether or not he knows trans people, cuz I'm sure he does, but it was just thrown in there like they said on some Normie shit. YOU GOT TROLLED.

But yeah, you ain't never seen no trans pplz? You never seen a trans person working somewhere? Crazy.

If you try to match it up logically tho, it doesn't work. It's not supposed to work. It works on a very basic level then when you think about it, it doesn't, and that's how it's supposed to be. Once again: you got trolled.

-Smak

Dave used to be mad funny. He's falling off tremendously. He's living off his name now which is good for him but his last few specials have not been that good.
    People are gonna watch it because is Dave Chappelle and nothing more.