Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: How do you go about ranking Kobe Bryant?

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Oh lol this is such bs revisionist history. 2000 he obviously got injured but still played a key role in winning the series
    2001 was good/great besides 1 game
    2010 he was good/great in 5 out of 7, and he averaged 30/7/4/2/1 55.6%TS through 6 games but apparently he was mediocre by ur standards because of one bad shooting game at the end? That series should have been over in 6 but they lost 2 out of 3 in games where he put up 29, 33 & 38 points (33.3 ppg 56.15%TS) @ Boston as Gasol played below his standard in all 3 games.

So Lebron apparently was great in 2013, but averaged 16.7 ppg on 44.23%TS through his first 3 games and ended with 25.3 ppg on 52.9%TS for the series, which somehow is apparently a lot better than Kobe averaging 28.6 ppg on 52.8%TS in 2010. And yes, Lebron had a great G7, but he did everything to lose that series in Game 6 in that 4th quarter until he got bailed out, so if we're being honest he was good or great in 3 out of 7 games at best.
    Look how you nitpick shit. "Through 5 games". "If you take out game 1"

Fact is in game 7 vs Boston Kobe shot 6-24 and had the worst game 7 a superstar ever had.

LeBron in games 6/7 vs Spurs in 2013 were historic. Scored like 16 points in the 4th quarter in game 6 when Miami was losing that game. Had a monster game in game 7.

Series are not decided through 4 or 5 games, they are decided when they are over.

What LeBron did in the 2016 Finals destroys anything Kobe ever did in any Finals.

Banned

@1987 Lakers

I'm not going to argue with over Kobe and Lebron. I think Kobe was better but I don't think choosing Lebron is blasphemy. He obviously also has a case as one of the best to ever to do it.

The problem is when people pretend that Kobe is Carmelo Anthony and doesn't belong anywhere near the GOAT discussion, or when they insist he's not even top 10.

I had him 8th on my last list but really it's a range. I can see anywhere from about 5th to 12th.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post

Fact is in game 7 vs Boston Kobe shot 6-24 and had the worst game 7 a superstar ever had.

LeBron in games 6/7 vs Spurs in 2013 were historic. Scored like 16 points in the 4th quarter in game 6 when Miami was losing that game. Had a monster game in game 7.

Series are not decided through 4 or 5 games, they are decided when they are over.

What LeBron did in the 2016 Finals destroys anything Kobe ever did in any Finals.
    Lebron was a shot away from 2013 being another 2011.

Ray saved his legacy because up to that point Pop had employed the "sag defense" and limited him. Everybody forgot about boris diaw memes because of Rays shot. Bron basically went off only after Ray flipped the momentum and snatched victory from the certain Jaws of defeat.

Then the Heat went on to get blown out by the biggest margin of victory in NBA Finals history the next year besides Lebrons loss to the warriors in 2018.

Lebron literally holds records for being blown out after team hopping all around the league.

Even internationally outside the NBA brand Lebron was on bronze teams and needed Kobe to go off in The Championship game vs Spain to win Gold.

Kobe was just... better at basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Baller234 View Post
    @1987 Lakers

I'm not going to argue with over Kobe and Lebron. I think Kobe was better but I don't think choosing Lebron is blasphemy. He obviously also has a case as one of the best to ever to do it.

The problem is when people pretend that Kobe is Carmelo Anthony and doesn't belong anywhere near the GOAT discussion, or when they insist he's not even top 10.
    It's just recency bias - Kawhi over Kobe is IMO sheer lunacy though.

Well how else are you supposed to evaluate series? If Lebron played like shit in 3-4 games out of a series, is it really considered that great? It's okay, ATGs have bad games in wins all the time, doesn't mean that Lebron's 2013 ring is worth any less, all the trolling aside.

Idk how a Kobe hater such as yourself would ever make an issue out of "nitpicking" when that's all you guys have been doing since 2010... y'all act like G7 is how Kobe played that entire series when he had been great up to that point. You could argue he was even better through 6 games of that 2010 series than the year before vs. Orlando.

And if I wanted to nitpick further I'd give you shit for saying that Bran's 2015 and 2016 series were great by his standards as well.. he clearly had a bunch of bad games in those series. 2016 was a lot like 2013 in that regard because his poor play is really what put them in a hole to begin with, but we don't discredit that ring for it. Idk what y'all need to do that shit with all of Kobe's rings consistently.

Well how else are you supposed to evaluate series? If Lebron played like shit in 3-4 games out of a series, is it really considered that great? It's okay, ATGs have bad games in wins all the time, doesn't mean that Lebron's 2013 ring is worth any less, all the trolling aside.

Idk how a Kobe hater such as yourself would ever make an issue out of "nitpicking" when that's all you guys have been doing since 2010... y'all act like G7 is how Kobe played that entire series when he had been great up to that point. You could argue he was even better through 6 games of that 2010 series than the year before vs. Orlando.

And if I wanted to nitpick further I'd give you shit for saying that Bran's 2015 and 2016 series were great by his standards as well.. he clearly had a bunch of bad games in those series. 2016 was a lot like 2013 in that regard because his poor play is really what put them in a hole to begin with, but we don't discredit that ring for it. Idk what y'all need to do that shit with all of Kobe's rings consistently.
    Here are Kobe's finals stats

2000 - 15.6 ppg | 39 fg%

2001 - 24 ppg | 41.5 fg% | 50 TS%

2002 - 27 ppg | 51 fg% | 62 TS%

2004 - 23 ppg | 38 fg% | 46 TS%

2008 - 26 ppg | 40.1 fg% | 50.5 TS%

2009 - 32 ppg | 43 fg% | 52.5 TS%

2010 - 29 ppg | 40.1 fg% | 52.8 TS%

Here are Kobe's game seven stats.

44.2 MPG

22.2 points

FG 38.9%

FT 67.3%

8 RPG

5 APG

1 SPG

1.3 BPG

Here are Kobe's stats when facing elimination.

22.3 PPG

5.8 RPG

3.5 APG

1.3 SPG

1.3 BPG

on a 50.3 TS

and his teams went 9-10 in those games.

Exactly. A bot reply whenever you're cornered and have nothing of value to add. Pathetic manchild.

Exactly. A bot reply whenever you're cornered and have nothing of value to add. Pathetic manchild.
    I show you nothing but facts and you can't handle it.

Look how you censored my quote.

Somebody is hurt.

Kobes shot selection puts him outside the top ten for me. He probably took more bad shots then anyone I've ever seen, at least in terms of total volume. It was frequently hard to watch.

I remember on game against a weak wizards team kobe went off in the first half and the Lakers had a big lead. In the second half the wizards doubled Kobe a lot but he kept shooting and of course missing instead of passing, allowing the wizards to come back and win.

After the game nick young was quoted as saying they knew Kobe wasn't going to pass so they could double him aggressively.

It was vintage Kobe.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Kobe played well in game 7 vs boston. It was a super tight and grimy low scoring game. Kobe brought it big on the boards and on defense. Was a beyond the boxscore game for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Kobes shot selection puts him outside the top ten for me. He probably took more bad shots then anyone I've ever seen, at least in terms of total volume. It was frequently hard to watch.

I remember on game against a weak wizards team koby went off in the first half and.the Lakers had a big lead at the half. I the second half the wizards doubled Kobe a lot but he kept shooting and of course missing instead of passing, allowing the wizards to come back and win..

After the game nick young was quoted as saying they knew Kobe wasn't going to pass so they could double him aggressively.

It was vintage Kobe.
    This is exactly what happened in game 7 vs Boston, luckily the other guys were able to bail him out.

I remember Denver trying a similar strategy in game 7 of 2012, but Kobe was finally smart about it and passed the ball a bit more

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post

I remember on game against a weak wizards team kobe went off in the first half and the Lakers had a big lead. In the second half the wizards doubled Kobe a lot but he kept shooting and of course missing instead of passing, allowing the wizards to come back and win.

It was vintage Kobe.
    If you haven’t seen the thinking basketball on Kobe it’s pretty good. But he breaks down statistics that shows his shot selection wasn’t as detrimental as it might appear on the surface. there are certain games where he shot them out of the game for sure but overall it wasn’t a huge as negative as it might seem

Quote Originally Posted by rmt View Post
    It's just recency bias - Kawhi over Kobe is IMO sheer lunacy though.
    Do you ever invoke an argument into your statement?

Why cant Kawhi be ranked above Kobe?

Its best to not even entertain the nitpicking goat (ImKobe)