NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Giannis - fix it

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-next-4-months

4 months or a new coach will be in Milwaukee

Default Re: Giannis - fix it

Nobody gives a shit about the Bucks.

Yawnis and Lillard are coddled by the refs and will be strategized out of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post

Yawnis and Lillard are coddled by the refs and will be strategized out of the playoffs.
    lmfao

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post

certainly not like Greg Monroe's glory days there

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

i admit i havnt watched one bucks game this season but i still think dame for jrue was a low key downgrade. I am a big time jrue fan though so i’m biased

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

As soon as Adrian Griffin’s insecurity in his undeserved new job spazzed out on Terry Stotz over literally nothing more than wanting another quick minute to go over some in the moment PNR details with Dame & Giannis….. Bucks chances went way way down.

I get it, Adrian knows he doesn’t deserve that position, but Giannis did him a huge favor after wanting/getting Bud fired for telling him the truth after their first round out last year.

As soon as they hired Terry, Bucks looked like the odds on favorites to win another title: but that didn’t last long.

Adrian was probably already getting paranoid Terry would make that painfully obvious, and his insecurity made him try to belittle the superior coach sent there to help him.

You can’t scream your head off in front of players, at a veteran coach, about insubordination and how you’re not gonna tolerate ANYONE challenging your authority, when everyone in the gym (besides Adrian) knew that wasn’t at all what was happening when Terry asked for another minute before the coaches huddle.

Bucks will make the playoffs, but there will come a time in a series, where a creative offensive adjustment in PNR/PNP, between Dame/Giannis, Dame/Lopez, WILL BE REQUIRED TO WIN THE SERIES….

….. and who better than the offensive minded veteran coach who coached Dame for a decade, to diagnose/implement that adjustment ? That is literally the type of thing Terry was brought in for to HELP rookie head coach Adrian.

That type of clutch creative solution Certainly ain’t gonna be made by some “in over his head”/“defense/motivation” type coach, who already shit himself in the foot early, in front of everyone.

Bucks in a bad spot. Vegas knows too, as after Terry said “fu@k this insane insecure maniac, I’m not helping him.” And left, Bucks odds went down down down.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    As soon as Adrian Griffin’s insecurity in his undeserved new job spazzed out on Terry Stotz over literally nothing more than wanting another quick minute to go over some in the moment PNR details with Dame & Giannis….. Bucks chances went way way down.

I get it, Adrian knows he doesn’t deserve that position, but Giannis did him a huge favor after wanting/getting Bud fired for telling him the truth after their first round out last year.

As soon as they hired Terry, Bucks looked like the odds on favorites to win another title: but that didn’t last long.

Adrian was probably already getting paranoid Terry would make that painfully obvious, and his insecurity made him try to belittle the superior coach sent there to help him.

You can’t scream your head off in front of players, at a veteran coach, about insubordination and how you’re not gonna tolerate ANYONE challenging your authority, when everyone in the gym (besides Adrian) knew that wasn’t at all what was happening when Terry asked for another minute before the coaches huddle.

Bucks will make the playoffs, but there will come a time in a series, where a creative offensive adjustment in PNR/PNP, between Dame/Giannis, Dame/Lopez, WILL BE REQUIRED TO WIN THE SERIES….

….. and who better than the offensive minded veteran coach who coached Dame for a decade, to diagnose/implement that adjustment ? That is literally the type of thing Terry was brought in for to HELP rookie head coach Adrian.

That type of clutch creative solution Certainly ain’t gonna be made by some “in over his head”/“defense/motivation” type coach, who already shit himself in the foot early, in front of everyone.

Bucks in a bad spot. Vegas knows too, as after Terry said “fu@k this insane insecure maniac, I’m not helping him.” And left, Bucks odds went down down down.
    you are right , and can the Bucks get Terry back when they let Griff go ??
    Hope they can or Lakers let Ham go , and Ham come back and implements Coach Bud's defense.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    you are right , and can the Bucks get Terry back when they let Griff go ??
    Hope they can or Lakers let Ham go , and Ham come back and implements Coach Bud's defense.
    I assume that would depend on what the nature of the exchange between Terry & Bucks execs was, on his departure. If they were apologetic and remorseful, and leveled with him about how/why/when they fired Bud & hired Adrian after the first round exit …. then it’s possible.

Terry was retired, his wife probably preferred that, and I think part of why he came back to help with Dame and Bucks offense, was due to an assistant’s role being less rigorous, a position where he could focus on what he knew best, and still have more time for himself and his family. Not the full duties/schedule/responsibilities of a head coach. Ham scenario very unlikely.

I bet they’ve already tried mad times to get him to do some remote player development & other consultancy type work since the blow up.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    I assume that would depend on what the nature of the exchange between Terry & Bucks execs was, on his departure. If they were apologetic and remorseful, and leveled with him about how/why/when they fired Bud & hired Adrian after the first round exit …. then it’s possible.

Terry was retired, his wife probably preferred that, and I think part of why he came back to help with Dame and Bucks offense, was due to an assistant’s role being less rigorous, a position where he could focus on what he knew best, and still have more time for himself and his family. Not the full duties/schedule/responsibilities of a head coach. Ham scenario very unlikely.

I bet they’ve already tried mad times to get him to do some remote player development & other consultancy type work since the blow up.
    speculation on your part. We need a new coach that doesn't have to be schooled how to coach. Guy like Jeff Van Gundy or even Phil Jackson comes to mind.

Tired of this dude bitching. Heh, it's like he wasn't already lucky enough to get 1 ring. Some people play their whole career and never sniff the Finals.

-Smak

notice in Portis's interview how low key he is ...

We all know something is going on and the players are showing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRKaslqKm4c

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak View Post
    Tired of this dude bitching. Heh, it's like he wasn't already lucky enough to get 1 ring. Some people play their whole career and never sniff the Finals.

-Smak
    he as well as I want more.
    Quit Smak'n

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    he as well as I want more.
    Quit Smak'n
    Then he, and you, need to get better.

Work on it.

-Smak