Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: 23 FT's to 2 FT's in the 4th Quarter

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Professional athletes are not actors, and fans watch because of this.
    That would be the ideal. Nobody really 100% has accepted it's 100% rigged / scripted regardless or they wouldn't be able to enjoy it at all haha.

That's another thing, people want to act like it's just salty fans who think this, but if you really believed that it always was, you would be throwing away one of your greatest passions. So we are all actually in SOME level of denial. Most people when I say stuff they are like yea I know, but...

And it does seem like at times it was worse. I don't know if sports have always been this way, but once people realize a way to make money, they do it. It's all calculated out. Again: the risk spoken of is not really a risk. It's the same level of risk congress people have with insider trading. They only get got when they are sacrificed.

Why can't they just call every NBA game the same? There shouldn't be that much of a variance. It shouldn't be like playoff games, they let more go, they let more go toward the end of the game, etc. Each one of those 'truths' that we know allow for more anomalies to happen and for us to chalk them up to coincidence.

It's def worth repeating like dude said: if you believe it's never been rigged in any circumstance, I disagree. I would like to hear a list of names who believe the NBA has never influenced any outcomes.

-Smak

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak View Post
    That would be the ideal. Nobody really 100% has accepted it's 100% rigged / scripted regardless or they wouldn't be able to enjoy it at all haha.

That's another thing, people want to act like it's just salty fans who think this, but if you really believed that it always was, you would be throwing away one of your greatest passions. So we are all actually in SOME level of denial. Most people when I say stuff they are like yea I know, but...

And it does seem like at times it was worse. I don't know if sports have always been this way, but once people realize a way to make money, they do it. It's all calculated out. Again: the risk spoken of is not really a risk. It's the same level of risk congress people have with insider trading. They only get got when they are sacrificed.

Why can't they just call every NBA game the same? There shouldn't be that much of a variance. It shouldn't be like playoff games, they let more go, they let more go toward the end of the game, etc. Each one of those 'truths' that we know allow for more anomalies to happen and for us to chalk them up to coincidence.

It's def worth repeating like dude said: if you believe it's never been rigged in any circumstance, I disagree. I would like to hear a list of names who believe the NBA has never influenced any outcomes.

-Smak
    Well I think there's a line that can be drawn that some aren't able to do. It's either all or nothing with some people.

Do I believe that there has never been any sort of sway towards a player or team? Of course not. Although I do tend to err towards it being more on a case-by-case basis though. Meaning that the outcome of the game isn't necessarily the question, but on any particular play a ref is more likely to give benefit of the doubt to Lebron and the Lakers, or Kobe/Jordan/etc. And there are a lot of reasons for this. But I don't believe the reason is simply "make the Lakers win".

Believing that there is bias in these things is not the same as thinking that all of these outcomes are predetermined or that it's rigged. Like everything in life there is a middle ground and a lot of factors at play.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Yes you fell for the propaganda hit piece. That doesn't surprise me.

What doesn’t surprise me is your continued insistence on speaking with authority about subjects you don’t actually care enough about to look into. Always have a lot to say with no information. And actually take pride in your lack of information because the possibility the information that can only come from the people in question might be tainted.

You prefer no information at all because it’s easier to to maintain your beliefs with total ignorance than to risk being given bad information. You actually wrap yourself in ignorance out of fear of where knowledge might come from and talk yourself up like an authority.

You almost never know what you’re talking about because you’re so convinced you’re right you aren’t willing to accept new information. I’d rather find out I’m wrong than keep talking without any information. But we are very different people.

Keep talking about a scandal you refuse to get any information about that wasn’t covered in a two minute sports center clip you don’t even remember watching. What possible info could be gained by hearing what the culprit himself and the guys he worked with have to say?

The information pulled directly from your ass is what we should all go off of.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Professional athletes are not actors.
    Wrong.

Which is exactly why I brought up the WWE and WWF. Those wrestlers certainly are professional world class athletes, and yet actors at the same time. The two titles aren't mutually exclusive. And the NBA is no different. With many billions of dollars on the line the league will support their revenue makers. Not a hard concept to follow. It's not a conspiracy theory... it's the cold hard facts of business.

You can plug your thumbs in your ears and sing to yourself but it doesn't change that reality. Money is money and business is business. The crowds want to be entertained and the people who orchestrated it all want to max that out. Most billionaire owners don't care about winning rings. It's a business to them. They want money and prestige over all else.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Well I think there's a line that can be drawn that some aren't able to do. It's either all or nothing with some people.

Do I believe that there has never been any sort of sway towards a player or team? Of course not. Although I do tend to err towards it being more on a case-by-case basis though. Meaning that the outcome of the game isn't necessarily the question, but on any particular play a ref is more likely to give benefit of the doubt to Lebron and the Lakers, or Kobe/Jordan/etc. And there are a lot of reasons for this. But I don't believe the reason is simply "make the Lakers win".

Believing that there is bias in these things is not the same as thinking that all of these outcomes are predetermined or that it's rigged. Like everything in life there is a middle ground and a lot of factors at play.
    I don't think it's like that every time, either, but I do think sometimes it's like 'hit the spread,' or so and so is having a good game, make them win, etc. Excitement is a factor, too. It doesn't need to happen every single time for it to be rigged, imo. I'm sure there are games that play out... there are a whole bunch of games... without any real influence, but as the games get more important, etc. It's kinda like Dwight Howard and his superman dunk or Blake jumping over the car. You can say that is ASG stuff so it doesn't matter, but it's the same idea... it's hype.

It's not like THE ILLUMINATI / NEFARIOUS DEVILWORSHIPPERS etc... it's just big biz. I think that's where people push back against rigging is they don't realize what 'we' are saying. It's just not fair competition. It could be, but it's not. People are so ****ing stupid and arrogant that they don't realize they could make as much or probably MORE money if they just let them play legit. It's human nature, though. Probably more money goes into their pockets, but the overall money I think would be better, and the product would be better if they just let dudes play every game and if some team full of nobodies won 3 rings in a row, who cares. It's good ball.

Again, tho, I don't know how much fans wanna see good ball, opposed to be like OWNED UUU, so there is partial fault with them as well. Still, I would love for them to make a league that wasn't rigged. College is rigged, too, d1 at least. Not sure how far down you have to go to get a normal basketball game, but the thought of these guys going at it full force (nohomo) with no ref bs is a wet dream to me.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Wrong.

Which is exactly why I brought up the WWE and WWF. Those wrestlers certainly are professional world class athletes, and yet actors at the same time. The two titles aren't mutually exclusive. And the NBA is no different. With many billions of dollars on the line the league will support their revenue makers. Not a hard concept to follow. It's not a conspiracy theory... it's the cold hard facts of business.

You can plug your thumbs in your ears and sing to yourself but it doesn't change that reality. Money is money and business is business. The crowds want to be entertained and the people who orchestrated it all want to max that out. Most billionaire owners don't care about winning rings. It's a business to them. They want money and prestige over all else.

NBA Superstar

Wrong.

This is when you know someone is digging their heels in the sand

I never said actor and athlete were mutually exclusive. You taking it there is weird.

I'll just circle the line of logic here since I know once you get started talking you tend to lose your grip on things:

1. Someone claimed that people wouldn't watch sports if it was completely scripted
    2. You told them to look at the WWE
    3. I said people don't watch the WWE for the same reasons as actual sports
    4. You then proceeded to mention how athletic WWE stars are and continue to impress that they are comparable entities.

That sound about right?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I never said actor and athlete were mutually exclusive.
    You quite literally said that word for word and multiple people quoted you on it lmao.

NBA Superstar

You quite literally said that word for word and multiple people quoted you on it lmao.
    You're playing a semantics game. Which is how you know that the point isn't a strong one.

Professional athletes are not actors is what I said. I didn't say they can't be; WWE stars being a very specific exception. Unless you also want to call TV/movie stuntmen athletes too, which wouldn't help your point and would further the discussion into semantics and away from your actual point.