Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Re: Players training these days makes a tough job impossible officiating wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Don’t have Highlights to post if the games aren’t played. But I don’t know how they get back the kids. the people they are after to continue leading sports online just don’t watch TV the way fans used to watch TV. It might come down to gambling. How much money do you think is bet on NBA games yearly? That’s probably hidden bonanza they’re all waiting to cash in.
    Or you could have 45 second games but 120 of them every day. Each team plays 8 games, 45 seconds each. Good for attention span. No need for arenas, one big bubble would do. Why not?
    Last edited by elementally morale; 01-11-2024 at 01:25 AM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Players training these days makes a tough job impossible officiating wise.

Now that’s a whole other thing. Sports and the places to play them are huge part of real estate development and ties into politics. A sports league coming in buying a shitty underdeveloped area and making it pretty much a small city?

The overall economic impact on an area is always hard to quantify, but the people both in favor, and against it will give you a bunch of numbers suggesting they know exactly what it does. One thing for sure cities don’t like losing them And have shown time and time again, they will bend the knee to keep them.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

i’ve been streaming for 20 years. I’ve had paid streaming services on android boxes, with 5 to 8000 channels. And even with those one thing is certain…..

You don’t risk using an illegal stream to watch a big sporting event. Especially if you’re going to have people over. I would never rely on such a thing for the NFL playoffs. I can always find a stream, but every site along those lines is going to go down eventually. My old bookmarks are 10 streaming sites that have been seized or otherwise gone away.

Not risking it for anything I actually care about seeing. Especially not when my house has traditionally been where people show up to watch sports.
    Obviously you can't rely on them with other people watching with you, but there are tons of streams/links with the same game just in case one of them starts to lag (like the one I linked). Even if stream sites get taken down eventually, new ones always pop up.

Like I said, I’m pretty familiar with the technology. I was on here in like 2002 showing other people how to use primitive apps like TVU player to get cable channels. But none of that shit is worth it to me at this point in my life. I’ll probably have 12 to 15 meals a month that cost more than a year of peacock.

I don’t judge the value of things as much by what they used to cost as the actual cost and what I get out of them. If I didn’t already have Peacock, I would absolutely get it to watch that game. People hate to let the evil corporations win, but I don’t care about that. They don’t need my help establishing the precedent they’re going for.

Give it a few years whole rounds of the playoffs will be exclusive to YouTube, Apple TV, or prime. Just is what it is.

People are out there day and night going over the necessary footwork to make things like this legal

It’s like a badge of honor to these trainers. The people I’ve posted in here work with young players, college guys and NBA players in the off-season. There are videos of them. One of these guys posted a session of him and bone collector in the lab putting together moves with James Harden who used in the NBA.

These people are going frame by frame, showing referees what they do technically is not illegal.

there is no language in any rulebook specifying how many steps a gather can take. Only that once you gather, you can take two more. When you intentionally send your last dribble in the direction you want to go, but avoid completing the dribble by going completely under it, or touching it with both hands, you can technically be said to have completed the gather several steps in and then take two more. He’s just making it hit your eye, weirdly by the last dribble going in unexpected direction.

This dude will pull out clips of plays we have always ignored where someone takes three or four steps between dribbles And you realize he is absolutely right. You see it all the time. Especially when someone will do something like a nutmeg and chop their feet, going around the defender to recover the dribble on the other side. You see it all the time on breaks. It’s perfectly legal to take four or five steps between dribbles So it’s perfectly legal to take four or five steps while gathering so long as you continue in legal position to restart your dribble.

I don’t care what the rules say I’m calling that a travel every time because the people doing this shit mostly aren’t in the NBA. They are training people by the broadest possible interpretation of NBA and fiba rules and teaching them that way on levels where it is entirely illegal.

But by doing it, they are changing what the average fan accepts which in time will make basketball with the NBA says it is.

This is why every Clip of someone traveling in college or high school has people saying you don’t know ball if you call a travel, despite the fact the rules that make it arguably legal not being applied on the level in question.

The NBA and these trainers have contributed to bag culture, totally changing the rules on every level.

I rule the local playground

^that is a disgusting and a travel. I guess the problem lies within how clearly undefined the gather is and what was formally an unspoken rule has now been bastardized with zero check from league officials.

And I read the entire thread and something doesn't add up regarding the money the NBA generates from TV deals. The boost in player salary has to be tied to international coverage and how the game has exploded around the globe. I understand most of what you're saying kblaze but something still seems off to me. Even with younger generations not watching full games anymore the people that do must offer better ratings than the rest of the stations broadcast content, excluding NFL of course - which would then justify the cost of covering the NBA.

It’s disgusting. But I’m not sure it’s a travel by current rules. This is both disgusting and a travel

But we are sliding down the slope

Good High School Starter

Between foul baiting and figuring out new ways to travel, it's a dishonest way of playing and it's a screenshot of the mentality of a lot of people. **** integrity, I just need to win and that's it.

Well, there is no real way to stop it and to prove intent one way or the other in 'bang, bang' situations that require instantly accurate judgement.

Basically, we'd have to figure out some way to change the rules so less fouls are being called. This would require more physical play, and I'm not so sure the average fan wants that. They want scoring.

Good High School Starter

It’s disgusting. But I’m not sure it’s a travel by current rules. This is both disgusting and a travel

But we are sliding down the slope
    This is almost 4 steps after the gather. At a bare minimum it's 3. It's a travel.