Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    National High School Star Rudeboy3's Avatar

Angry Giannis is being over looked for the MVP

He's been the best and most consistent player this season, if Dame wasn't so hot and cold, Middleton wasn't washed and Griffin wasn't a shit coach he'd be number one rn. It's insane how Jokic is ahead of him despite playing mid for a month now, media loves that white boy. Embiid is number one despite missing 8 ****ing games and counting!!!

What did my pookie bear Gianni deserve to get this treatment, he shan't be overlooked anymore, if i can help it!!! He's having the best season of his career at 29, playing more minutes but somehow more efficient, he's averaging 31/11/1/1 on 61% shooting!! That's insane, doing all of that carrying while having Dame, a supposed "top" 75 player of all time. Give my pookie his MVP

Last edited by Rudeboy3; 01-12-2024 at 05:55 AM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Giannis is being over looked for the MVP

Don't worry pookie, he still has a chance.

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

Issue is that Jokic blows him out of the water with the advanced metrics, and the media people are stat-whores and weigh those numbers heavily in their voting because they think it makes them look smarter, but it's amazing what Giannis has done this year with the lack of offensive help around him. They have the 3rd highest ORTG in the league and that's with Dame struggling and with no one else on the team averaging more than 15 a game. If Dame and Khris could get close to their prime selves I wouldn't pick any other team over the Bucks in the POs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Issue is that Jokic blows him out of the water with the advanced metrics, and the media people are stat-whores and weigh those numbers heavily in their voting because they think it makes them look smarter, but it's amazing what Giannis has done this year with the lack of offensive help around him. They have the 3rd highest ORTG in the league and that's with Dame struggling and with no one else on the team averaging more than 15 a game. If Dame and Khris could get close to their prime selves I wouldn't pick any other team over the Bucks in the POs.
    And that's what bugs me about the over-reliance on advanced metrics. It eliminates intangibles and allows people to opine without actually understanding the game.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Obviously I watch Giannis then the rest of the list.

But over all player he will always be my MVP , tangibles make him that.
    (dame just needs to be Dame , and this team will right it self , as shown last night against the number 1 team in bball boston.
    All most lead by 40 at half time , and throughout the 3th QTR was leading over 40.

Some players are all-stars - Giannis is a super star.
    (I laughed when Boston put Holiday on Giannis , Giannis must of thought I will own you just like How I practiced against you)

Other MVP notables (Tatum could not guard him, and ended with 7 points)

Note worthy : Beasley did well defensively in the first half.

Jokic playing mid for a month now?

Didnt he just have a 39/44 stretch capped with that buzzer beater on GSW?

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    And that's what bugs me about the over-reliance on advanced metrics. It eliminates intangibles and allows people to opine without actually understanding the game.
    Explain to us whats getting lost in the advanced stats and where the higher understanding of the game comes in

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Jokic is a better player

Being 3rd in the MVP rankings isn't exactly being overlooked. The only guys ahead of him are the guy who won MVP last season and the guy who won FMVP last season.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

It’s more about people getting sick of the same story. Which is why Jokic won his two and might retire with two. Giannis got his two and they have moved on. They both got better after winning mvps but you never get the same love after the initial jump. Embiid might force the voters hand by missing too many games though. I don’t imagine they would go all the way to SGA or Tatum to avoid giving Giannis or Jokic the third one. If Embiid plays enough and stays at the 35ppg level he likely gets his second.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    It’s more about people getting sick of the same story. Which is why Jokic won his two and might retire with two. Giannis got his two and they have moved on. They both got better after winning mvps but you never get the same love after the initial jump. Embiid might force the voters hand by missing too many games though. I don’t imagine they would go all the way to SGA or Tatum to avoid giving Giannis or Jokic the third one. If Embiid plays enough and stays at the 35ppg level he likely gets his second.
    What has Giannis gotten better at since he won his MVPs?

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    What has Giannis gotten better at since he won his MVPs?
    refs are quicker at blowing their whistles to save his busted offensive foul shoulder drop bowling ball hitting every pin in its way and still airballing the ball drive

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Shot selection for one. He won MVP taking 5 threes a game when he can’t shoot. You see shot logs where he takes 22 shots and 20 are dunks and layups. People mention it like it’s a bad thing but frankly if you can get a shot at 2 feet 20 times and you don’t do it you’re an idiot.

Hes not as prone to bail the D out by settling and taking a jumper just to prove he can. He comes out there like he just wants to go through you and get the call or the layup and he does it. Over and over and over and over and it’s a lot smarter than pull-up 18 footers just because they’re disrespecting you.

**** them. They play off go into the paint anyway. You’re not trying to prove anything. You’re trying to get the ball in the basket.

It’s a subtle mental change but it matters. He is coming at you all game every game. Transition. Early postups. Reposting. Cutting. Putbacks. He gets it right by the rim and dunks it or goes through your chest and happily takes his ugly free throws unlike a Ben Simmons type who runs from contact out of fear looking bad at the line. Giannis has no fear and total confidence.

He doesnt let up. And he shouldn’t. His motor is being matched by an increase in common sense. He’s at that prime sweet spot where you still have the legs but have the knowledge to go with it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Pookie?

***** you gay