Thread: Load management

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Load management

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ss-injury-risk

It is fictitious as all hell.

Players owning franchises saying they can't play a back to back , and idea is to load manage against injuries.

** only time I saw it work , was minutes reduced like Middleton , coming back from 2 injuries.

League should go after Leonard for his mental weaknesses.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Load management

Even if you're right good luck proving Leonard's injuries aren't legit. And even if you can get him to play when he says he's hurt you are getting sued when he gets hurt playing in a game he said he was too hurt to play in. All of this is a good reason not to want a player who has to be load managed but once you hand Kawhi 153 mil you have to give him all of this rest and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Even if you're right good luck proving Leonard's injuries aren't legit. And even if you can get him to play when he says he's hurt you are getting sued when he gets hurt playing in a game he said he was too hurt to play in. All of this is a good reason not to want a player who has to be load managed but once you hand Kawhi 153 mil you have to give him all of this rest and more.
    that is 100 % correct

Banned

It really is a shame in the case of Kawhi. He's one of those guys I really want to be fan of.....but I just can't because of his acting like an entitled diva.

I'd like to know what methods they are using to come to this conclusion. For example, what do they consider an injury? Is mild plantar fasciitis an injury? In my experience when you force a fatigued body to play, that's when you develop nagging overuse injuries like plantar fasciitis or tennis elbow.

But then again these are top athletes playing 'only' like 30ish minutes a game. I used to play intense basketball almost everyday for 3-4 hours and felt fine. I feel these top athletes should be able to play 30 minutes every single day with no problem. Especially if they just coast in the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    I'd like to know what methods they are using to come to this conclusion. For example, what do they consider an injury? Is mild plantar fasciitis an injury? In my experience when you force a fatigued body to play, that's when you develop nagging overuse injuries like plantar fasciitis or tennis elbow.

But then again these are top athletes playing 'only' like 30ish minutes a game. I used to play intense basketball almost everyday for 3-4 hours and felt fine. I feel these top athletes should be able to play 30 minutes every single day with no problem. Especially if they just coast in the regular season.
    yes they are injuries... some players play with sore knees every game.
    Point is load management back to backs is a crock of shit per league sources.

Schedules sometimes are rough 5 games in 7-8 days.
    But usually a back to back has a 3 day rest period before next game.

Learning to shoot layups

It is absolutely shameful and shows the lack of competitive spirit of some players today.

Yesterday, Saturday, possibly the best day of the week to watch the NBA internationally... and the majority of team stars resting.

College superstar

We all wake up with bad backs, knees, and hips. We all ache like mofos. And we all go to our jobs and perform. Lmao.