Thumbs up #WembyWatch 24 points, 9 rebounds in 14 minutes!

Vic is killing it!

Default Re: #WembyWatch 24 points, 9 rebounds in 14 minutes!

Shame the Hornets are sucking on offense or else we'd have a legendary game on our hands. Spurs' 2nd unit really needs to blow this for him to get more minutes in this.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Shame the Hornets are sucking on offense or else we'd have a legendary game on our hands. Spurs' 2nd unit really needs to blow this for him to get more minutes in this.
    True. He could've had a 40+ point game if this were close.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Man if this kid gains some weight he could be a really good player. I heard he is only 19 years old? His prime will start at age 23 (where you begin to obtain ideal weight till age 28 when you get old's man weight and when athletic ability slows down. Prime ends at age 33). I would like to see him at Powerforward like in the past years for players his style (that's what he should play). He needs to watch Ralph Sampson and Porzingis and influence his game after them. Good luck Wemby.
    Last edited by Round Mound; 01-13-2024 at 06:23 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound View Post
    Man if this kid gains some weight he could be a really good player. I heard he is only 19 years old? His prime will start at age 23 (where you begin to obtain ideal weight till age 28 when you get old's man weight and when athletic ability slows down. Prime ends at age 33). I would like to see him at Powerforward like in the past years for players his style (that's what he should play). He needs to watch Ralph Sampson and Porzingis and influence his game after them. Good luck Wemby.
    I thought Sampson was best as a rookie at center and it sounds like Wemby is playing better there too. Hopefully his body somehow holds up

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound View Post
    Why should this kid with a unique skill set try to play like anyone else? I've seen you say he should play like Duncan also. lol...WHY? These guys are not all robots. The game is a little different now. Why would this guy suddenly try to play like the guys you mention when he has a good chance to surpass them all by playing his own way? Why should he just be restricted to PF? There has never been a guy like this (no Sampson wasn't and Porzingis isn't).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Why should this kid with a unique skill set try to play like anyone else? I've seen you say he should play like Duncan also. lol...WHY? These guys are not all robots. The game is a little different now. Why would this guy suddenly try to play like the guys you mention when he has a good chance to surpass them all by playing his own way? Why should he just be restricted to PF? There has never been a guy like this (no Sampson wasn't and Porzingis isn't).
    definitely reminded of Sampson more than anyone but it's certainly a different game now and he's a different player

I like Wemby best at center. His size, athleticism, and skillset seem to be more of an advantage against bigger and slower centers.

He can play at center, that giraffe. Hopefully, he doesn't become a cumbersome tho once he becomes more prominent that way.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

I agree.