Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Default Re: Jerry Krause's wife in tears as Bulls fans boo him during Ring of Honor night

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Very debatable. He made a couple of great moves, nothing earth shattering. Outside of Jordan/Pippen everyone else were role players, largely replaceable. Even the credit for getting Rodman should be more given to the coaching/playing core because they were only able to get him for cheap because no other team wanted him and they were the only team that felt comfortable acquiring him because they felt their leadership could keep him in check.

I'm not even trying to downplay him specifically. GMs can get overrated. Once you have that 1-2 great players on a team, the rest doesn't really matter as much.
    And Thorn drafted MJ. Scottie was a nice move but profited from MJ’s tutelage and cultural influence

Default Re: Jerry Krause's wife in tears as Bulls fans boo him during Ring of Honor night

I mean I'm not even surprised to hear Jordan stans trying to justify this lol. The guy by most accounts was a piece of crap, but so were alot of the guys in the picture. He was the architect of the dynasty good, bad, or ugly and deserves some credit. Why wasn't Mj or Scottie booed for skipping the ceremony? What's telling is the Chicago paper writing an article like this about the situation

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bulls/2...l-jordan-bulls

Quote Originally Posted by HOMETOWN NEWSPAPER
    The cult of Jordan helps explain why, all these years later, fans would boo the mention of deceased Bulls general manager Jerry Krause at that United Center event, bringing his widow, Thelma, to tears. It was as ugly as it sounded. Uglier, even......

.....MJ is cool, and if we robotically back everything he says and does, so are we. This is how delusion works.

Looked at from that vantage point, the booing that made Krause’s widow cry wasn’t nearly as outrageous as one might think. I’d argue that it was predictable, in that human nature is predictable. The normally baaing sheep, now booing obediently....
    Damn.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Very debatable. He made a couple of great moves, nothing earth shattering. Outside of Jordan/Pippen everyone else were role players, largely replaceable. Even the credit for getting Rodman should be more given to the coaching/playing core because they were only able to get him for cheap because no other team wanted him and they were the only team that felt comfortable acquiring him because they felt their leadership could keep him in check.

I'm not even trying to downplay him specifically. GMs can get overrated. Once you have that 1-2 great players on a team, the rest doesn't really matter as much.
    Coaches are more overrated than GMs, but they all matter.

Let's break down what Krause did.

Assembled the entirety of the first three peat Bulls (except for Jordan).
    This includes, but is not limited to:
    Trading for Scottie Pippen on draft day.
    Drafting Horace Grant. Jordan wanted Joe Wolf.
    Traded Oakley for Bill Cartwright, which Jordan threw a fit over.
    Drafted BJ Armstrong.
    Pulled Phil Jackson out of complete obscurity on the coaching scene and eventually made him the head coach.
    Hired Tex Winter who basically created the offense for the entire Bulls dynasty.

Second three peat:
    Signed Steve Kerr who went on to become the all time leader in three point shooting percentage in NBA HISTORY.
    Drafted Tony Kukoc in 90 and eventually got him to come play in 94.
    Traded Perdue for Rodman when nobody wanted him. This move might be slightly overrated because they could have just waived him and it wouldn't have been the end of the world. Nevertheless, it worked, and it worked wonderfully.
    Signed Ron Harper who was a fantastic contributor defensively on any/all guards.

Are you kidding? That guy made a plethora of brilliant moves. And just like all players, coaches and GMs have their primes too, and Krause peaked in the late 80s and early 90s.

Don't get me wrong, he definitely doesn't get 6 without Jordan. And maybe he gets 0, in fact I'd say it's likely. But I'm straight up telling you Jordan very likely gets only a couple maximum had Krause not been around.

Krause's biggest problem was that he was a bit of an asshole and didn't deal well with people. But a serious argument can be made that he's up there at the top of the top of GMs in the history of the NBA. He's up there with West, that's for sure.

The Bulls won 55 games in 1994 without Jordan. Krause put together a hell of a team. The fact that they won 55 games the very year after the departure of arguably the greatest player ever should say everything there is to say about how good those Bulls teams actually were regardless of Jordan, but here we are, with the myth that it was just him. And it'll probably only grow further in that direction over time, lol.
    Last edited by Wardell Curry; 01-16-2024 at 01:46 PM.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Who knows why Cuckboy Brahn Stains are embellishing this, given Bron’s transgressions with multiple fan bases where his jersey were burned and people saw him for the pathetic piece of shit he is known by anyone with an IQ to be. Players, coaches and GMs if unlikable can be booed. Fans have that right. I guess not everyone can be a coward and get everybody thrown out who boo’s or doesn’t say something they like like soft ass LeBeta or Westbitch.
    Last edited by WhiteKyrie; 01-16-2024 at 03:15 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wardell Curry View Post
    Coaches are more overrated than GMs, but they all matter.

Let's break down what Krause did.

Assembled the entirety of the first three peat Bulls (except for Jordan).
    This includes, but is not limited to:
    Trading for Scottie Pippen on draft day.
    Drafting Horace Grant. Jordan wanted Joe Wolf.
    Traded Oakley for Bill Cartwright, which Jordan threw a fit over.
    Drafted BJ Armstrong.
    Pulled Phil Jackson out of complete obscurity on the coaching scene and eventually made him the head coach.
    Hired Tex Winter who basically created the offense for the entire Bulls dynasty.

Second three peat:
    Signed Steve Kerr who went on to become the all time leader in three point shooting percentage in NBA HISTORY.
    Drafted Tony Kukoc in 90 and eventually got him to come play in 94.
    Traded Perdue for Rodman when nobody wanted him. This move might be slightly overrated because they could have just waived him and it wouldn't have been the end of the world. Nevertheless, it worked, and it worked wonderfully.
    Signed Ron Harper who was a fantastic contributor defensively on any/all guards.

Are you kidding? That guy made a plethora of brilliant moves. And just like all players, coaches and GMs have their primes too, and Krause peaked in the late 80s and early 90s.

Don't get me wrong, he definitely doesn't get 6 without Jordan. And maybe he gets 0, in fact I'd say it's likely. But I'm straight up telling you Jordan very likely gets only a couple maximum had Krause not been around.

Krause's biggest problem was that he was a bit of an asshole and didn't deal well with people. But a serious argument can be made that he's up there at the top of the top of GMs in the history of the NBA. He's up there with West, that's for sure.

The Bulls won 55 games in 1994 without Jordan. Krause put together a hell of a team. The fact that they won 55 games the very year after the departure of arguably the greatest player ever should say everything there is to say about how good those Bulls teams actually were regardless of Jordan, but here we are, with the myth that it was just him. And it'll probably only grow further in that direction over time, lol.
    Oakley was better than Cartwright if they could have thought outside the box in those days. They saw it as either Horace or Oakley instead of playing them together. Cartwright gave them some post play which with MJ isn't really what they needed. Oakley would have spaced the floor more, rebounded more and been a better defender. Cartwright was just one of many role playing centers they plugged in the triangle over the years. No reason Oakley couldn't have been too.

Winning without MJ was more about Phil than anyone. Certainly didn't win without Grant the year after that