Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default United Airlines to recruit less qualified pilots in the name of diversity & inclusion

CEO says he wants 50% of their aviation classes to be "women or people of color".

https://twitter.com/realmichaelseif/...12871248015467

It's become such a cliche at this point but we really are living in the Twilight Zone.

Default Re: United Airlines to recruit less qualified pilots in the name of diversity & inclu

A company that openly admits they do not hire the most qualified individual because of essentially affirmative action is atleast transparent.

But because of that, I'll do my part in the interest of protecting myself and my family by no longer using their services.

Same reason I am picky about healthcare providers.

Default Re: United Airlines to recruit less qualified pilots in the name of diversity & inclu

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    Lol

yeah i'm not buying into this. although i understand how one would be inclined to given today's social climate but the last thing UA wants is to be holding the bag for hundreds of their passengers dead. not exactly good for business. it's probably more along the lines of what this twitter user said:

Every large publically held company and most private companies have DEI goals. What this means is if you have two equally qualified candidates, and one is in a protected class, you make an offer to them first. No one is hiring unqualified people.
    this is a good example of the right not properly picking their battles and instead just looking for something to bitch about. but show me evidence saying otherwise and i'd be more than open to admiting i'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    yeah i'm not buying into this. although i understand how one would be inclined to given today's social climate but the last thing UA wants is to be holding the bag for hundreds of their passengers dead. not exactly good for business. it's probably more along the lines of what this twitter user said:

this is a good example of the right not properly picking their battles and instead just looking for something to bitch about. but show me evidence saying otherwise and i'd be more than open to admiting i'm wrong.
    this is why i say you lean right. notice how you "call out" the right with courtesy, like your walking on eggshells bc you're afraid that fatrickchewing and the other mouthbreathers will turn against you.

if you were calling out the left, you'd post some meme and not bother with an explanation.

The Truth Is Out There Media Moderator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    This is the guy Biden put in charge of selecting our air traffic controllers. They want more people with disabilities running operations. I mean look at him

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    this is why i say you lean right. notice how you "call out" the right with courtesy, like your walking on eggshells bc you're afraid that fatrickchewing and the other mouthbreathers will turn against you.

if you were calling out the left, you'd post some meme and not bother with an explanation.
    yeah i'll own that more or less. do lean right socially. i've made that clear a whole handful of times.

yeah i'll own that more or less. do lean right socially. i've made that clear a whole handful of times.

Banned

I dunno, the CEO states pretty clearly that he's aiming for all recruiting classes to be at least 50% women and people of color. That means by default more qualified candidates and hopefuls are going to be denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Baller234 View Post
    I dunno, the CEO states pretty clearly that he's aiming for all recruiting classes to be at least 50% women and people of color. That means by default more qualified candidates and hopefuls are going to be denied.
    This is not necessarily true.

If 50 qualified white candidates apply, and you create a recruiting class with 100 spots, you could include all 50 qualified white people and still fill 50% of the class with other applicants.

In practice I dunno if it's financially feasible to include that many slots in their program or not, but in theory it is at least possible to do without denying anyone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    This is not necessarily true.

If 50 qualified white candidates apply, and you create a recruiting class with 100 spots, you could include all 50 qualified white people and still fill 50% of the class with other applicants.

In practice I dunno if it's financially feasible to include that many slots in their program or not, but in theory it is at least possible to do without denying anyone.
    If there are 100 spots, you fill those spots with the most qualified applicants period. If that results in 99 white applicants then so be it. If it results in 99 non-white applicants then so be it. There is literally no way you can have an even 50/50 split but also guarantee that you're hiring the best candidates. The moment you instill a race/gender quota... you are de-prioritizing merit.

Also let the record show that this is only perceived as a problem when a field is dominated by white males. You would never hear anyone complain that the U.S. math team is too asian, that an NBA basketball team is too black, or that the nursing field is too female.

The push for "diversity" only ever comes at the expense of white males.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post

He sure leans right on this one, in fact hes leaning very right, while youre leaning extremely wrong / retarded

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    He sure leans right on this one, in fact hes leaning very right, while youre leaning extremely wrong / retarded
    i haven't even shared an opinion in this thread, but i have always said affirmative action is silly.

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

I am against this but I do have to ask, if they all achieved their license then aren't they all qualified?

How would one licensed pilot be more qualified than another?

Obviously none of these guys have a wreck on their record, even with collisions it is hard to rank car drivers in terms of who is a better driver.