NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default both hands vertical (coach Brown)

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...stration-calls

Ok is that actually a rule???

If you are going vertical , I have seen 98% of the time one hand arm up and the other arm down.
    Brown stated in the above interview that both arms have to beup , otherwise its a foul ...

seldom do I ever see players go up with both arms.

your take , and what the rules are

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Default Re: both hands vertical (coach Brown)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...stration-calls

Ok is that actually a rule???

If you are going vertical , I have seen 98% of the time one hand arm up and the other arm down.
    Brown stated in the above interview that both arms have to beup , otherwise its a foul ...

seldom do I ever see players go up with both arms.

your take , and what the rules are
    Well he said the NBA told him that interpretation of the rule, not what his own interpretation of the rule was.

It's kind of funny cause the Kings only play the Buck twice a year, seems he isn't familiar with the fact that Milwaukee always gets refereed differently to rest of the league.

At least finally coaches are coming out trying to expose the bullshit calls the Bucks get.

I rule the local playground

Default Re: both hands vertical (coach Brown)

The rules themselves say nothing about arm position or verticality. The rules prohibit a defender from initiating contact on the offensive player unless that contact is incidental, and with other specific exceptions.

The thing to keep in mind is that how the games are actually called bears little resemblance to what’s in the rule book. Offensive players initiate contact all the time and the foul goes against the defender, though the rules state otherwise.