Thumbs up Wemby dunked it 9 times tonight. in 27 minutes and 11-13 on 2pts.

Pretty impressive. He's definitely going to break Shaq's single-game dunk record of 13 at some point. Just too big and mobile. David Robinson had 12 dunks once. Dwight's record is 10; Gobert, Montrezl Harrell, Clint Capela, and DeAndre Jordan also recorded 10 in a game. AD is at 9.

Default Re: Wemby dunked it 9 times tonight. in 27 minutes and 11-13 on 2pts.

we get it dude, you watch all his games

He was scoreless in the first half. But really, it's becoming interesting to see how he can score over 20 in 20 minutes. Needs to win a lot more tho so people will give him more attention i guess.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Shaq would have eaten this guy for lunch

Banned

Glad to see him taking it to the hoop. Dude needs to lay of the three-point attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    Glad to see him taking it to the hoop. Dude needs to lay of the three-point attempts.
    Imagine him on a team like SSOL Phoenix Suns with Nash. Or Indiana with Haliburton. He'd put up 25+ ppg by attacking the rim in transition, rolls, lobs, cuts, dump-offs, post mismatches, and offensive rebounds. No need to shoot when you're that big and mobile.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Imagine him on a team like SSOL Phoenix Suns with Nash. Or Indiana with Haliburton. He'd put up 25+ ppg by attacking the rim in transition, rolls, lobs, cuts, dump-offs, post mismatches, and offensive rebounds. No need to shoot when you're that big and mobile.
    Exactly.

Very good NBA starter

He needs to run the floor.

He is unstoppable before the defense is set up. Two steps from half court and a dunk.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

We are impressed that a 7’4 guy (seems even taller than that tbh) dunks?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKyrie View Post
    We are impressed that a 7’4 guy (seems even taller than that tbh) dunks?
    there’s a lot of 7 foot guys who can’t get 9 dunks in an nba game

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    there’s a lot of 7 foot guys who can’t get 9 dunks in an nba game
    Dunking isn’t a stat column. It’s a more forceful version of a layup

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    He was scoreless in the first half. But really, it's becoming interesting to see how he can score over 20 in 20 minutes. Needs to win a lot more tho so people will give him more attention i guess.
    The Spurs are not in the business of winning games this year. I expect a fully different approach next season. I'm not buying the notion that Pop just got useless, I view it as a tactic. Not simple just tanking but letting them freelance for a reason. They didn't have much of a chance to be a contender anyway, and a season like this one will give Wemby a year to adapt and the coach a chance to better assess his players. If I'm right, they will play a lot more competitive later this season. The organisation may decide that post ASG they know what they have and will actually try winning games. I had the feeling from their games they didn't even try as a team. The players as individuals sure tried but the lineups and the approach did not.