Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Nuggets@76ers game thread and predictions

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Well I'm pretty sure the name 'bubble murray' comes from people giving jamal credit for beasting in the bubble. Last year when Murray had big games in the playoffs people said 'he's doing it again, man this guy is so good in the playoffs.' I even made a thread early last season long before they won anything about how well Aaron Gordon was playing while Murray and MPJ were working their way back from injury.

So the idea that his teammates dont get credit is completely fabricated and has no basis in anything. When people give Jokic credit it's because he IS beasting and elevating the team. There's no intelligent dispute whatsoever about him doing that. But that is not mutually exclusive with his teammates being good players in their own right and I havent seen many/any one say that it is.
    no one has talked about the bubble in years. your intel is off. wtf.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

When people give Jokic credit it's because he IS beasting and elevating the team. There's no intelligent dispute whatsoever about him doing that. But that is not mutually exclusive with his teammates being good players in their own right and I havent seen many/any one say that it is.
    He usually does. Everybody has been playing well with him on the floor for many years. Tonight he did not elevate anybody. The players played an okay game individually but the 'team' part was definitely missing. Most of the time Jokic puts the team together on the floor. He didn't do that tonight and it showed. The Nuggets should learn from this they need to have a backup plan because if a team can make it really hard for Jokic to catch passes at the right spots, he cannot get the offense going. He was denied both at the top of the key and in the high post. Had only one floater off of a pass all night.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Well I'm pretty sure the name 'bubble murray' comes from people giving jamal credit for beasting in the bubble. Last year when Murray had big games in the playoffs people said 'he's doing it again, man this guy is so good in the playoffs.' I even made a thread early last season long before they won anything about how well Aaron Gordon was playing while Murray and MPJ were working their way back from injury.

So the idea that his teammates dont get credit is completely fabricated and has no basis in anything. When people give Jokic credit it's because he IS beasting and elevating the team. There's no intelligent dispute whatsoever about him doing that. But that is not mutually exclusive with his teammates being good players in their own right and I havent seen many/any one say that it is.
    Open question to anyone...

Has Embiid every played with supporting cast as good as Jokic has this season or last?

Is Joker playing with a more stacked team than Joel has ever had?

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post

Has Embiid every played with supporting cast as good as Jokic has this season or last?

no. but the teams are difficult to compare anyhow. last year he had AG and Brown covering Jokic's fat ass on defense 24/7, we all know fatboi can't play a lick of D so the primary defenders (guards/wings) have to pick up their guys right off the gate bc once they penetrate, Jokic won't move a finger to stop them. in that sense, Jokic was very fortunate that those 2 played amazing defense, lockdown defense as a friend of mine used to say.

Embiid finally has a good sidekick in Maxey that is more reliable or drama free. but he's the anchor on defense, doesn't rely on half the 8 man playoff rotation to cover his ass on D.

The 76ers team that they had with Butler and Covington was not worse of a supporting cast with young and at the time not at all bad Ben Simmons, Saric, Milton etc.
    This one:

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../PHI/2019.html

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    The 76ers team that they had with Butler and Covington was not worse of a supporting cast with young and at the time not at all bad Ben Simmons, Saric, Milton etc.
    This one:

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../PHI/2019.html
    Saric and Covington were traded for Butler.

That team only looked as good as it does on paper because of Jimmy. No one can deny Joker has never played with a better player than Jimmy.

Besides McConnell off the bench, not much else there really.

Saric and Covington were traded for Butler.

That team only looked as good as it does on paper because of Jimmy. No one can deny Joker has never played with a better player than Jimmy.

Besides McConnell off the bench, not much else there really.
    I remember that season and I think the 76ers had a very good team then both before and after the trade. The Harden experiment was a disaster but that was to be expected. And I still don't know what the hell happened to Simmons. I can't remember another young player declining that much without a serious injury.

But in the last few years, I think the answer is no. Yes, Jokic does have good teammates. Not a superteam by any means but very good role players. You still need to utilize them... but sure. No team wins the championship without good players. One is not enough.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

I think this year, Embiid has a very comparable supporting cast to Jokic.

Last year, you could argue that 76ers had more talent, but Denver played better as a unit.

The 2019 team could've gone to the Finals I think too. Butler was the best player during the POs tho. I think talent wise they were better, but not the best team.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    the funny thing about jokic is when murray has a stellar performance running around like he's on skates making some crazy drives and shooting the lights out, he won't get the credit...jokic will be credited with providing gravity and the assists. when murray has a bad game, the loss is on him, never jokic. letus forget he dropped a measly 20pts and 3 assists. Almost like his b1tch ass can't be great against someone his size that has that dawg in them. always said it, dude can perform well against smaller and or lesser competition, when facing a real center he's ain't sheeeeeit. lucky for him there really aren't many centers worth a shit, most of them are shooting 3s and skinny like a toothpick.

Jokic literally ran through Gobert, Ayton, Anthony Davis and Bam last year in the playoffs and destroyed. 3/4 of those guys are great big man defenders.

And the funny thing is 1) Embiid wasn't even guarding Jokic, Tobias Harris was. And 2) he put up 25/19 on good shooting yesterday.