Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default "The Dude" episode of Seinfeld

I always thought this was one of the funnier episodes of Seinfeld. Jerry encounters this dude who is obviously in a romantic relationship and lives with a girl that Jerry just started dating. And I thought to myself, has this ever happened to anyone on here? You go to pick up a chick for a date, and you realize she has a boyfriend that lives with her?

And what kills me the most about this episode is how likable Lyle is. Like, I would still want to hang out with Lyle despite the awkward and uncomfortable situation.

College superstar

Default Re: "The Dude" episode of Seinfeld

Only dude I know is Jeffrey from the Big Lebowski.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Another Poopsie initiated thread that died quickly.

Never watched Seinfeld other than bits and pieces my friend used to make me watch but this premise is pretty funny not gonna lie

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby View Post
    Never watched Seinfeld other than bits and pieces my friend used to make me watch but this premise is pretty funny not gonna lie
    The latter seasons of Seinfeld is where the writing just went out there in terms of ridiculous concepts and what made the show even funnier in my opinion. Early Seinfeld was pretty safe comedically, but it just got better and better towards the end.

The GOAT sitcom. I can't name my favorite episode because there are simply too many great ones.

The episode where George starts doing the opposite was on TV the other night. What a classic. And the episode where an NYU student writes an article about Jerry and George being gay. Hilarious. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    The GOAT sitcom. I can't name my favorite episode because there are simply too many great ones.

The episode where George starts doing the opposite was on TV the other night. What a classic. And the episode where an NYU student writes an article about Jerry and George being gay. Hilarious. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Just being real, I can't believe it's a debate between this and Friends on which show is better, it's like comparing Filet Mignon to a Whopper. The 3 greatest sitcoms imo are Seinfeld, The Office & Sunny.
    Last edited by SouBeachTalents; 01-20-2024 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Just being real, I can't believe it's a debate between this and Friends on which show is better, it's like comparing Filet Mignon to a Whopper. The 3 greatest sitcoms imo are Seinfeld, The Office & Sunny.
    Facts. It's no comparison: Friends was like a commercialized version of Seinfeld geared towards women. Better-looking people and more romance plots/arcs. It took A LOT of ideas/storylines from Seinfeld. Jerry even came out and said as much.

that one was hilarious. this segment always comes to mind with that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    that one was hilarious. this segment always comes to mind with that episode.

"You've out-Nealed him!"

uh-huh.... typical horseshoe pattern

Banned

Facts. It's no comparison: Friends was like a commercialized version of Seinfeld geared towards women. Better-looking people and more romance plots/arcs. It took A LOT of ideas/storylines from Seinfeld. Jerry even came out and said as much.
    I wouldn't say that Friends is a "commercialized" version of Seinfeld.

I mean yea it kind of is, but in reality it's Seinfeld if Seinfeld were about normal people with hopes and aspirations.

we still pretending juice are funny/?

Friends gets a worse rep among "purists" cause they were far more fancy and artificial in their set-up, with the high caliber actors and cameos, shiny sets, romance / cheesyness, but the reality is that they were hilarious none the less.

I can totally see how some might find it funnier than Seinfeld, although the appeal is definitely a bit of a different demographic and more female, which makes sense given the large dating plot lines among the 3 main female characters. Its more gossipy.

HIMYM is a pretty decent show I guess and Friends blows it out of the water in terms of humor and laughs. But Friends does feel more like HIMYM, Parks & Recreations, etc. kinda shows and Seinfeld more with Sunny & Curb.

Arrested Development seems like a mixture of those 2 archetypes, if I can call it that.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Everyone knows the Dude is the Big Lewboski.

Poopsie way behind the times again.