Local High School Star

Default Some moron said Biden has been great for the economy on WSJ

Must be some bots because no one is that dumb.

I replied below. It is obvious that data is 'gamed' like GDP etc. Do U.S really believe that the money sent to the Ukraine (whilst contributing to GDP) will really help the U.S!

Because this is fueled by an unsustainable debt.

For instance, the U.S currently has over 34 TRILLION DOLLARS IN DEBT and exceeded this under Biden with money sent to Ukraine and other Biden pet projects that do not help taxpayers.

https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/amer...national-debt/

Plus your points show cherrypicking data and a superficial understanding:

2.4% increase in GDP, 4th quarter 2023

-----------------------------------------------------

Again, Debt to GDP is important plus how much GDP increase is unsustainable government spending...

3.6% unemployment for 4th quarter 2023

unemployment is misleading as cost of living rises and jobs provide pennies versus those with assets (stocks or other gambling). This only widens the wealth gap.

2.8% inflation for 4th quarter 2023 (FOMC estimate)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is enormous as it is 2.8% off already high levels. Just think of the cost of gas for Trump (2.57) vs Biden (3.6) presidency before you brag about inflation under Biden:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier...h=370201564e61

1% real wage increase for 2023

Too far behind the cost of living

Stock market at all time high

----------------------------------------------

Helping the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Plus speculative tech stocks.

Default Re: Some moron said Biden has been great for the economy on WSJ

Its hilarious that they keep trying to convince people that the economy is doing great... anybody with a functioning brain who participates in the economy on a daily basis (buying groceries etc) knows damn well that the economy is fvcking whack right now. Virtually everything at the grocery store has doubled in price over the past 4 years, rents have skyrocketed, insurance has skyrocketed, the cost of living in general has skyrocketed... and yet wages havent grown at all.

if the economy was actually good, biden wouldnt have the worst approval rating after 4 years of any president in the past century

Local High School Star

Default Re: Some moron said Biden has been great for the economy on WSJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    Its hilarious that they keep trying to convince people that the economy is doing great... anybody with a functioning brain who participates in the economy on a daily basis (buying groceries etc) knows damn well that the economy is fvcking whack right now. Virtually everything at the grocery store has doubled in price over the past 4 years, rents have skyrocketed, insurance has skyrocketed, the cost of living in general has skyrocketed... and yet wages havent grown at all.

if the economy was actually good, biden wouldnt have the worst approval rating after 4 years of any president in the past century

I seriously do not understand. Are there Biden loving bots out there:

This guy Ted Torphy has no idea - it went like this:

Ted Troll

Key US economic fundamentals are listed below. Explain why these are not good. Show your work.

ME:

Because this is fueled by an unsustainable debt.

For instance, the U.S currently has over 34 TRILLION DOLLARS IN DEBT and exceeded this under Biden with money sent to Ukraine and other Biden pet projects that do not help taxpayers.

https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/amer...national-debt/

Plus your points show cherrypicking data and a superficial understanding:

Again, Debt to GDP is important plus how much GDP increase is unsustainable government spending...

unemployment is misleading as cost of living rises and jobs provide pennies versus those with assets (stocks or other gambling). This only widens the wealth gap.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is enormous as it is 2.8% off already high levels. Just think of the cost of gas for Trump (2.57) vs Biden (3.6) presidency before you brag about inflation under Biden:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier...h=370201564e61

Too far behind the cost of living

----------------------------------------------

Helping the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Plus speculative tech stocks.

TED TROLL:

What is is about people that allows powerful denial when they are faced with cognitive dissonance. To wit, Biden's addition of $2.5 trillion to the debt makes the good economic statistics phony but not Trump's $8 trillion addition to the debt.

And talk about cherry picking, gas prices, which presidents have virtually zero control over, were $2.57/gal in 2020, when COVID shut down the world and demand plunged 20%.

If inflation was all Biden's fault why did it begin to spike the day he took office, months before any legislation was passed much less government money pumped into the economy? Why didn't Trump's 4 years of profligate spending have nothing to do with it? And why was inflation worse in the EU than in the US? Did Biden cause that too?

And, yes, I am using 4th quarter 2023 as for the latest inflation data. What should I use? 1st quarter 2022? Is that a better reflection of current reality?

And real wage increase takes into account CPI, which is why it is called "real" wage increase.

Go ahead. Keep telling yourself the economy is in shambles. I assume that two years ago you also predicted a major recession or depression. Denial is a wonderful thing.

ME:

not even reading past your first line Ted Tr--oll. You asked for facts, I provided facts. You try to ignore, spin, or evade facts. Unsuccessfully.

The U.S debt and Biden's failures will crush the U.S at this rate. Terribly sad but I will not waste my time on your ignorant tr__olling.

Anyone who shops at a grocery store knows prices have doubled (or risen steeply) over the past 4 years, rents have skyrocketed, insurance has skyrocketed, the cost of living in general has skyrocketed... and lifestyle is suffering. People are having less children and struggling with the any they have.

if the economy was actually good, Biden wouldnt have the worst approval rating after 4 years of any president in the past century.

This (dis)approval rating is before most properly learn about his crack addicted degenerate son and the money the Biden family has received from foreign powers.

To be clear, the problems for the U.S economy are not just on Biden but his term has been a disaster for the U.S. I hope that the U.S does improve but I am struggling to see how the debt problem is resolved without significant changes in fiscal and monetary policy.

I get frustrated with comments like yours as we should all be focusing on solutions, not trying to justify failed presidential terms such as Joe 'the big guy?' Biden.

Please never respond or interact with me again Ted TR--OLL!
    Last edited by oldtimer28; 01-21-2024 at 08:35 PM.