Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default There are cameras just about everywhere nowadays

I was watching a news story just now about some murdered woman and how they tracked down the potential suspects dumping her remains or the "evidence" in random dumpsters across the city from cameras attached to light and traffic poles.

And I was thinking, you can't get away with anything nowadays without being on camera. I can't walk naked down my block without at least a few Ring doorbells catching my pecker scrape the ground.

Are there too many cameras? Or is it a necessity in preventing crime?

Decent playground baller

Default Re: There are cameras just about everywhere nowadays

License plate readers are going up all over now, they are game changer in terms of catching criminals

https://www.lakemchenryscanner.com/2...chenry-county/

If authorities know the LP# the scanners can tell them exactly where that vehicle is. Usually with kidnappings a LP is known. And anytime a LP is caught on camera they can just type it in and then they will know where that vehicle is.

On top of that AI is increasing advanced and will be able to figure out associated LP#s without humans having to research anything.

If it's in public, sure... if it helps with crime I have no issue with transparency. If it's in private businesses it would be nice to be informed beforehand if it isn't obvious.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    If it's in public, sure... if it helps with crime I have no issue with transparency. If it's in private businesses it would be nice to be informed beforehand if it isn't obvious.
    That’s some backwards logic coming from a so called Republican conservative. So the Government can spend absurd amounts of money and resources to spy on you all day in public places, but a private business putting up cameras to protect their assets is all bad?

You are a big government statist shill. Might as well be a libtard.
    Last edited by Norcaliblunt; 01-26-2024 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt View Post
    That’s some backwards logic coming from a so called Republican conservative. So the Government can spend absurd amounts of money and resources to spy on you all day in public places, but a private business putting up cameras to protect their assets is all bad?

All that poster said was that it would be nice if they disclose it, not that they cant do it? The difference being that in 'public' you may as well presume your activity is 'public' (see how that works?) and in 'private' youd be more likely to presume your activity is 'private' unless otherwise stated.

Your weird attempt to force this shtick over and over because you have so little else intelligent or even sane to say is legitimately nauseating.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    All that poster said was that it would be nice if they disclose it, not that they cant do it? The difference being that in 'public' you may as well presume your activity is 'public' (see how that works?) and in 'private' youd be more likely to presume your activity is 'private' unless otherwise stated.

Your weird attempt to force this shtick over and over because you have so little else intelligent or even sane to say is legitimately nauseating.

Dude literally said the government can spy on you in public with no notice but a private business or residence should have to disclose. Lmao.

And you agree?

As soon as you enter a “private” space you give up your rights.

In public is where rights should be enforced.

Y’all all statist clowns for real.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

doesn't matter to me , I got covid injections (from what I was told) ----> so I am tracked by a micro chip

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    I was watching a news story just now about some murdered woman and how they tracked down the potential suspects dumping her remains or the "evidence" in random dumpsters across the city from cameras attached to light and traffic poles.

And I was thinking, you can't get away with anything nowadays without being on camera. I can't walk naked down my block without at least a few Ring doorbells catching my pecker scrape the ground.

Are there too many cameras? Or is it a necessity in preventing crime?
    It definitely helps solving crime, the only question is how much of your freedom and privacy are you giving up for safety. I get setting up some surveillance in bad parts of towns and dark alleyways, but too many and that facial recognition shit is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    It definitely helps solving crime, the only question is how much of your freedom and privacy are you giving up
    In cases like this people are not giving up freedom and privacy. It's being stripped away.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    In cases like this people are not giving up freedom and privacy. It's being stripped away.
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    It definitely helps solving crime, the only question is how much of your freedom and privacy are you giving up for safety. I get setting up some surveillance in bad parts of towns and dark alleyways, but too many and that facial recognition shit is too much.
    none of it. there should be no expectation of any kind of privacy in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt View Post

Couple issues with you, not just your post since you completely lack reading comprehension.

1. You somehow put me in a group of Republican Conservatives without I ever stating so... then you go on to assume I completely agree with all of their beliefs... because you know, most logical, self-thinking individuals pick a side and agree to all of their stances and policies, right sheep?

2. No one mentioned costs. Publicly funded cameras and surveillance should come out of the existing funds and if it means possibly reducing staffing then so be in. Never once did I mention increasing funding... my approval is on the basis of changing with the times and technology... you know, this thing called AI that has been making a big splash the earlier half of this decade?

3. Never once did I say no to a business wanting to put up cameras. All I request is informed consent... It would be nice to know if you're being recorded. Granted certain places it's expected, like a Jewelry store. This is solely up to the store, it is Private and it is a request, not a demand -- just to clear that up for you.

I stand behind the very first amendment of the US. There is no expectation of privacy in public, hence the word public. It is a public space. Private or private property has its own set of rules and/or policies. It would be nice to know these prior to entering, hence informed consent, but it is not and should never be made law. It is a freedom/right of the property owner.

Couple issues with you, not just your post since you completely lack reading comprehension.

1. You somehow put me in a group of Republican Conservatives without I ever stating so... then you go on to assume I completely agree with all of their beliefs... because you know, most logical, self-thinking individuals pick a side and agree to all of their stances and policies, right sheep?

2. No one mentioned costs. Publicly funded cameras and surveillance should come out of the existing funds and if it means possibly reducing staffing then so be in. Never once did I mention increasing funding... my approval is on the basis of changing with the times and technology... you know, this thing called AI that has been making a big splash the earlier half of this decade?

3. Never once did I say no to a business wanting to put up cameras. All I request is informed consent... It would be nice to know if you're being recorded. Granted certain places it's expected, like a Jewelry store. This is solely up to the store, it is Private and it is a request, not a demand -- just to clear that up for you.

I stand behind the very first amendment of the US. There is no expectation of privacy in public, hence the word public. It is a public space. Private or private property has its own set of rules and/or policies. It would be nice to know these prior to entering, hence informed consent, but it is not and should never be made law. It is a freedom/right of the property owner.
    It's crazy how people only deal in absolutes. 'Hey it'd be nice if they have signs letting me know there's cameras, I'd be more inclined to give them my business' somehow becomes 'businesses shouldn't have cameras'.

College superstar

Didn’t need to type all that but I guess I’ll reply saying we’re fundamentally on different grounds.

Imagine your world of stepping out your house into public 1984 I mean 2024 where you can be filmed anywhere by the government unbeknown or announced but if I as a sovereign individual want to film my own private property I have to put up a sign.

Go figure.

Just think about it logically no troll status.
    Last edited by Norcaliblunt; 02-10-2024 at 09:36 PM.

As long as it's not about privacy and confidentiality, I think it's okay. Considering kidnappings, murders, thefts, cameras are welcome. Nowadays people don't believe your words, if you've suffered they ask for proof and that's why I think there are cameras everywhere. There is no trust already these days.