I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Default Study estimates nearly 65K rape-related pregnancies in states with abortion bans

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...abortion-bans/

Texas is estimated to have had the highest rate of rape-related pregnancies by far at 26,313, more than four times the second state on the list, Missouri, with an estimated 5,825.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Study estimates nearly 65K rape-related pregnancies in states with abortion bans

Based on available data, researchers estimated 519,981 completed rapes occurred in this time frame, with 64,565 associated with pregnancies. Among rape-related pregnancies, 5,586 — 8.7 percent — are estimated to have occurred in states with abortion bans that included exceptions for rape
    “In this cross-sectional study, thousands of girls and women in states that banned abortion experienced rape-related pregnancy, but few (if any) obtained in-state abortions legally, suggesting that rape exceptions fail to provide reasonable access to abortion for survivors,” the study stated.

I admit I don’t know a lot about this since I don’t live in any of these states. But do they have an exempt for the no abortion policy if they were raped?

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

Default Re: Study estimates nearly 65K rape-related pregnancies in states with abortion bans

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    I admit I don’t know a lot about this since I don’t live in any of these states. But do they have an exempt for the no abortion policy if they were raped?
    I have no idea but is that even logically possible? Abortions need to be done ASAP, within the first few months, and a rape conviction can take years.

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

How can anyone who rages against immigration be okay with this?

It is an absolute guarantee that this will create a large number of troubled youth that go on to be criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post
    I have no idea but is that even logically possible? Abortions need to be done ASAP, within the first few months, and a rape conviction can take years.
    Of course it's possible. Many countries have exactly this exception for rape.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

It's estimated 32,000 pregnancies resulted from rape every year in the US. The article states this is an 18 month period so 48,000 total in the US

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8765...%20each%20year.

So how do states that account for only 20% of the population have 33% more rape related pregnancies than the US as a whole lol .

Editing my post

I found the study they were citing. Very odd that they chose not to link it

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2814274

According to his methodology. Nearly 13% of estimated rapes result in pregnancy which contradicts most figures of 3-5%. He's also using estimated rapes, mostly unreported rapes. His methodology states the amount of rape related pregnancies are fully 30% of reported rapes in these states. He's using unreported rapes being around 2.5x that of reported rapes. A lot of fuzzy math being used here. This 64k figure is nowhere near concrete
    Last edited by Long Duck Dong; 01-26-2024 at 11:22 AM.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Making more sense now. The researcher behind these stats is also a director at Planned Parenthood and is a very vocal abortion rights activist. The average chance of a healthy young couple having sex during a month is around 8-12% if not trying to conceive, up to 20-30% depending on age. for a couple trying to conceive around a woman's ovulation period. One time unplanned encounter 5% or less. But this researcher has a nearly 13% chance of pregnancy after rape.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

This is what the Republicans mean by The Circle of Life.

College superstar

I think preventing the rapes should be the first step in progress.

Lmao.

So op you are saying in bidens / trumps America that many people are not only being raped but impregnated?

I would think a concern for prevention of sexual assault would be more important than abortion laws.

Y’all are straight clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt View Post

Lmao.

So op you are saying in bidens / trumps America that many people are not only being raped but impregnated?

I would think a concern for prevention of sexual assault would be more important than abortion laws.

So rape = bad? Very hot take.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt View Post

Lmao.

The world is a better place if no one commits crimes... wow, what a revelation! Why didn't I think of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    Making more sense now. The researcher behind these stats is also a director at Planned Parenthood and is a very vocal abortion rights activist. The average chance of a healthy young couple having sex during a month is around 8-12% if not trying to conceive, up to 20-30% depending on age. for a couple trying to conceive around a woman's ovulation period. One time unplanned encounter 5% or less. But this researcher has a nearly 13% chance of pregnancy after rape.
    Planned Parenthood is a good organization, relatively speaking. Planned parenthood isn’t just about abortions either. Teens can go there to get free std and pregnancy tests, birth control, and education. Anyone can go there for resources like this.

This isn't like Hillary or Trump being in bed with Goldman Sachs or something.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    Planned Parenthood is a good organization, relatively speaking. Planned parenthood isn’t just about abortions either. Teens can go there to get free std and pregnancy tests, birth control, and education. Anyone can go there for resources like this.

This isn't like Hillary or Trump being in bed with Goldman Sachs or something.
    https://g.co/kgs/8mCisq8