Thomas Robinson
    Timofey Mozgov
    Julius Randle
    DÂ’Angelo Russell
    Brandon Ingraham
    Nick Young
    Lou Williams
    and Ron Artest

All those guys were Lakers at some point in the 16-17 season. Which just seems weird because you dont really think of any of them AS Lakers. Except I guess maybe D’Lo. Many of them you forget ever were Lakers at all.

I dunno. Just weird to look at what the Lakers were doing in between the Kobe and Lebron eras. Such a random hodgepodge of quasi stars and talents. I remember some Laker homers thought Clarkson was the heir to Kobe

Anyway, discuss.

Or dont.

I just came across that roster and felt like posting it.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: The season roster of the ‘16-17 Lakers is so weird and random

Deng makes me feel so old. I was on here talking about him as a draft prospect, as a rookie, through Kobe demanding we keep him for him to come and he’s been gone so long he feels 45 years old. Hes only 38 but it feels like he’s been gone way longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Deng makes me feel so old. I was on here talking about him as a draft prospect, as a rookie, through Kobe demanding we keep him for him to come and he’s been gone so long he feels 45 years old. Hes only 38 but it feels like he’s been gone way longer.

I dont remember any of the context as to how he ended up with the Lakers at the end. I wanna say he was part of a trade but I cant remember who else it would have involved. Or else maybe he signed as a free agent but that feels like it would have made no sense at that time.

It’s just so weird and easy to forget that Deng and Artest were still there when Randle and Ingraham were there, and Zubac was somehow on that team, and the corpses of guys like Corey Brewer and Calderon were Lakers, and Lou Williams was on the team, and Nick Young was still around. I also had no recollection of Thomas Robinson ever being a Laker. And just like, what the FVCK was that roster
    Last edited by FultzNationRISE; 02-02-2024 at 03:28 AM.

What the **** is that

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Ivica Zubac
    Jordan Clarkson
    Corey Brewer
    Jose Calderon
    Luol Deng
    Thomas Robinson
    Timofey Mozgov
    Julius Randle
    DÂ’Angelo Russell
    Brandon Ingraham
    Nick Young
    Lou Williams
    and Ron Artest

All those guys were Lakers at some point in the 16-17 season. Which just seems weird because you dont really think of any of them AS Lakers. Except I guess maybe D’Lo. Many of them you forget ever were Lakers at all.

I dunno. Just weird to look at what the Lakers were doing in between the Kobe and Lebron eras. Such a random hodgepodge of quasi stars and talents. I remember some Laker homers thought Clarkson was the heir to Kobe

Anyway, discuss.

Or dont.

I just came across that roster and felt like posting it.
    Hardy and others still seem to think The Bum is another Kobe. Certainly has the gunner part of it down. The rest not so much. It's amazing he ever stuck in the league because as bad as he is now he was even worse early in his career as hard as that is to even imagine. He had China written all over him and still does except now I guess it would be Puerto Rico or Taiwan