This bill sucks!

Biden, here's CURRENT law that already exists:

Submit Result 1 of 30 Submit
    Submit
    1994 Main Ed. (1/4/1995)
    Submit

<< Previous TITLE 8 / CHAPTER 11 / SUBCHAPTER II / Part II / § 1182 Next >>

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President
    Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?...mmigrants%20or
    Last edited by rmt; 02-06-2024 at 02:55 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Senate Border bill

Biden: “They said they will vote for me. I don’t see how that is detrimental. Bring ‘em all!”

Good High School Starter

Even Trump wasn't particularly hard on illegals despite all his rhetoric. Obama deported more people at a higher rate than Trump did. But nobody cared because Obama wasn't talking about it. Public perception isn't about results. Public perception is about feelings. Facts literally do not matter.

But I digress.

After a great deal of thought, it's my personal opinion that the US hasn't done more about what is tantamount to a border crisis for two reasons:

Largely speaking, dem politicians are importing people that will continue to vote for them en masse. Does anyone think Joe Biden has a bleeding heart for illegal Hispanic immigrants, for instance? Please.

Ultimately, however, I think the big enchilada that nobody is really talking about is declining birth rates on a global scale. We have a pyramid based economic system currently. If the population does not continue to grow, the system will rapidly fall apart. If people aren't making new babies, they've got to come from somewhere. Enter immigration, legal or illegal.

I think this is why you are seeing immigration being pushed on a global scale to most developed Western nations. They're trying to keep the system afloat. Trust and believe I think a lot of politicians are naive to this fact, but also trust and believe that some of them most definitely aren't, and I think this is the ultimate purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardell Curry View Post
    Even Trump wasn't particularly hard on illegals despite all his rhetoric. Obama deported more people at a higher rate than Trump did. But nobody cared because Obama wasn't talking about it. Public perception isn't about results. Public perception is about feelings. Facts literally do not matter.

But I digress.

After a great deal of thought, it's my personal opinion that the US hasn't done more about what is tantamount to a border crisis for two reasons:

Largely speaking, dem politicians are importing people that will continue to vote for them en masse. Does anyone think Joe Biden has a bleeding heart for illegal Hispanic immigrants, for instance? Please.

Ultimately, however, I think the big enchilada that nobody is really talking about is declining birth rates on a global scale. We have a pyramid based economic system currently. If the population does not continue to grow, the system will rapidly fall apart. If people aren't making new babies, they've got to come from somewhere. Enter immigration, legal or illegal.

I think this is why you are seeing immigration being pushed on a global scale to most developed Western nations. They're trying to keep the system afloat. Trust and believe I think a lot of politicians are naive to this fact, but also trust and believe that some of them most definitely aren't, and I think this is the ultimate purpose.
    I believe it's #1 (bolded) - all about votes and ultimately POWER.

If they were concerned about population/declining birth rates and keeping the system afloat, they'd concentrate on WOMEN/children who can bear children or assimilate well - not mostly young, single men who don't speak English. And they would let in more people who are self-supporting, opening businesses, have some needed skill (and are not a burden on taxpayers) - that would "save the system" faster/better.

McConnell, you've been had. You are such a neo-con/RINO that you assigned this Repub immigration traitor to negotiate hoping that you could push this through simply to get Ukraine aid.

Langford, you should be primaried for this stunt - still lying bare-faced about this bill.

Pathetic - what an embarrassment - handing Biden a gift to spin to low-information voters.