Red face Magic Johnson: Latrell, where are you goin?

Love the title of this video. Sums it up perfectly.

Spree looks straight up insulted.

Default Re: Magic Johnson: Latrell, where are you goin?

Wow, look at that toughest era defense!

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Well it wasnt for a lack of defense, Spree was right there in his space and Magic just shook him out of his shoes.

That’s what was so sweet, Spree was basically in position, Magic had so little space and so little time but had the awareness as soon as he caught the pass to freeze Spree with the fake and skirt him to the basket. Just beautiful fast processing improvisation.

…Not as good as Lebron’s but still awesome.

Also I recall Kblaze making a thread about Old Magic not too long ago but I dont *think* this was the clip he used. If it was my apologies for the redundancy.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Hey Satan, I hope you're not still angry with me, so I will try to be as respectful as possible.

I just want to say that basketball is a dynamic game, where every play unfolds within a complex interplay of strategy, skill, and athleticism. The success or failure of a single play that lasted a mere 3 seconds cannot accurately represent the overall quality of defense or offense in a particular era. With much respect, to judge an entire era's defense based on a snippet of gameplay is not only shortsighted but also unfair to the countless players who competed with skill and tenacity during that time.

If you're a basketball fan, then moments like the one in the OP should be celebrated and not diminished because it occured in one era or another. And I want to thank the OP for sharing this video.

Quote Originally Posted by 2qr3 View Post
    Hey Satan, I hope you're not still angry with me, so I will try to be as respectful as possible.
    I don't know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by 2qr3 View Post
    I just want to say that basketball is a dynamic game, where every play unfolds within a complex interplay of strategy, skill, and athleticism. The success or failure of a single play that lasted a mere 3 seconds cannot accurately represent the overall quality of defense or offense in a particular era. With much respect, to judge an entire era's defense based on a snippet of gameplay is not only shortsighted but also unfair to the countless players who competed with skill and tenacity during that time.

If you're a basketball fan, then moments like the one in the OP should be celebrated and not diminished because it occured in one era or another. And I want to thank the OP for sharing this video.
    It's called sarcasm, asshole.

Not airballing my layups anymore

I don't know who you are.

It's called sarcasm, asshole.
    Wait a minute. Is this RRR3?

Very good NBA starter

Spree was on his way to find a second job to support his family.

College superstar

That move won't work against today's advanced alien-like players. They'll just simply anticipate that and grab the ball from magic.

I saw that live and made me damn near leap out of my seat. Magic was actually pretty decent his comeback here. Seamlessly transitioned into a power foward role. They did Ceballos dirty tho by cutting his minutes to make way for Magic mid-season.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

I cried of happiness, love and nostalgia when Magic came back in 95-96 season while watching his introduction when he entered in this game. Then this happened and i laughed my ass off . Respect your elders. Magic was 36 with nearly 30 kg overweight. Bad knees etc. ONE OF MY HEROES, THE MAGIC MAN!

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound View Post
    I cried of happiness, love and nostalgia when Magic came back in 95-96 season while watching his introduction when he entered in this game. Then this happened and i laughed my ass off . Respect your elders. Magic was 36 with nearly 30 kg overweight. Bad knees etc. ONE OF MY HEROES, THE MAGIC MAN!
    Yeah, I never got to see Magic live the first time around, so it was a lot of fun. MJ had just gotten back and a lot of people thought maybe Magic would keep playing.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Yeah, I never got to see Magic live the first time around, so it was a lot of fun. MJ had just gotten back and a lot of people thought maybe Magic would keep playing.

Me neither but i did get to see al the finals of the 80's or most of them thanks to a friend girl who had all the finals from that era game by game. She was very pretty btw. So i also got to see Magic before getting serious into basketball and it was after i watched his video Always Magic many times. I wish he could have kept playing but just look at the lower part of his leggs (knees down) they where to thin for the rest of his legs and body in general. Had he kept playing with that weight he would have certainly gotten injured. Especially at age 36 an over. Yo gotta love Magic though!