Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Charlotte Fire Sale: PJ Washington to Dallas For G.Williams and Seth Curry and a 1

Default Re: Charlotte Fire Sale: PJ Washington to Dallas For G.Williams and Seth Curry and a

Is PJ really that much of an upgrade for Dallas?

Default Re: Charlotte Fire Sale: PJ Washington to Dallas For G.Williams and Seth Curry and a

Thats weird, doesnt make any sense from Dallas

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Why are teams Always treating Seth like a nobody? Could his defense truly be that terrible?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Why are teams Always treating Seth like a nobody? Could his defense truly be that terrible?
    I've been wondering the same thing about Christian Wood.

Guy is a VERY consistent shooter, and 6'10. But he's continually seen less and less action as he's gone from Houston to Dallas to Los Angeles over the past 3 years.

pj's an upgrade and they got a 1st from okc for a swap in 2028. Along with gafford an actual backup C and I think Nico did well again. It's still going be hard to win a title with just luka/kyrie role guys but dallas is giving it a good effort when they were screwed asset wise last offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Often overshadowed due to his older bruh.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Seth Curry is probably the worst defender in the league.

The take foul rule was implemented because of him.

I like the trade for Dallas... help at PF and C is exactly what we needed... and from a contract status, keeps a core of players together to build some chemistry... so we have some direction

PJ is a PF/C who can also shoot the 3, can be rotated with Maxi... Gafford can be rotated with the rookie Dereck Lively... good for alley-opps, rebounds, and defense.

Gafford has the frame to be the type of 2011 Tyson Chandler player that we need. His contract locks him up with Lively for the next 3 years, and he's at a good age (25, 4 years exp).

PJ Washington is also locked up for the next 3 years along with Maxi... Kyrie has 3 years, and Luka has 4

We should be able to keep Josh Green, and Hardaway will still be on the team year.

We may not escape the 1st round this year... but definitely some direction for next year if we can get these players to gel and stay healthy.

Best we can hope for this year is a 6 seed, avoid the play in tournament, and maybe get lucky against our 1st round opponent... Next year I think a 3 or 4 seed is possible.

season after next:

Dallas Mavericks 2025-26 Salary Cap

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/dallas-mavericks/cap/2025/

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Is PJ really that much of an upgrade for Dallas?
    No.

Remember that Grant was highly lauded by dumb Mavs fans, now he's gone and Grant v. 2 is back.

Both Gafford and PJ don't move the needle. Gafford might help some with rebounding, but Kidd probably won't play him.

Getting Dinwiddie back would be better. It was a huge mistake not to try to get Dorian Finney-Smith back.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    I like the trade for Dallas... help at PF and C is exactly what we needed... and from a contract status, keeps a core of players together to build some chemistry...
    What's the core?

Which among the new players seem to have chemistry with Luka and each other, cause I don't see it.

It's only Kleber, Powell and Josh Green that seem to have some offcourt chemistry.

Nico is just bringing in random journeymen with no regards for fit.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing about Christian Wood.

Guy is a VERY consistent shooter, and 6'10. But he's continually seen less and less action as he's gone from Houston to Dallas to Los Angeles over the past 3 years.
    Because if they're not making shots they're usually a huge net-negative. They can still do well in the 2nd unit, but there's only so many minutes u can play them, and even less come PO time.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    What's the core?

Which among the new players seem to have chemistry with Luka and each other, cause I don't see it.

It's only Kleber, Powell and Josh Green that seem to have some offcourt chemistry.

Nico is just bringing in random journeymen with no regards for fit.

My point is, the way the contracts are set up... we can keep our top 7 players together for the next 3 years, they can build chemistry and maybe have a small window for a Championship run.

This is the core for the next 3 years:

Luka
    Kyrie
    Dereck Lively II
    Daniel Gafford
    PJ
    Maxi
    Josh Green

Hardaway (2 years)

This is about the best we can do to build something serviceable around Luka & Kyrie.

Luka
    Kyrie
    Hardaway
    Dereck Lively II
    Josh Green
    Dante Exum
    Daniel Gafford
    PJ Washington
    Maxi Kleber
    Derrick Jones Jr.
    Jaden Hardy
    Dwight Powell
    That healthy roster can win a 7-game series against anyone except :

Healthy Boston
    Healthy Denver
    Last edited by BarberSchool; 02-11-2024 at 01:55 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

My point is, the way the contracts are set up... we can keep our top 7 players together for the next 3 years, they can build chemistry and maybe have a small window for a Championship run.

This is the core for the next 3 years:

Luka
    Kyrie
    Dereck Lively II
    Daniel Gafford
    PJ
    Maxi
    Josh Green

Hardaway (2 years)

This is about the best we can do to build something serviceable around Luka & Kyrie.
    3 years of Kyrie is asking a lot. How long before he leaves the reservation again?