Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: OKC Thunder @ Dallas Mavericks 2/10 3pm

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    Same standard. Impact. When you make bad teams good you get my respect.

so what is Mitchell doing in Cleveland?

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    Luka Doncic
    Kyrie Irving
    Tim Hardaway II
    Derrick Lively II
    Josh Green
    Dante Exum
    Daniel Gafford
    Maxi Kleber
    PJ Washington
    Derrick Jones Jr
    Jaden Hardy
    Dwight Powell

That roster, fully healthy, can beat any NBA squad in a 7-game series besides:

Healthy Denver
    Healthy Boston
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    They can beat anyone including Denver and Boston

This is a team that I believe can go another level in the playoffs
    FULL TILT Healthy Celtics squad might get outrebounded by this Dallas team, and Luka & Kyrie will probably each have some massive 45-50pt explosion, but I don’t think they would beat Boston in a series. Keep in mind, Boston shoots a TON of 3’s, so Dallas 48min of rim protection wouldn’t be AS MUCH of an advantage in that matchup, with Zingis giving them really great spacing.

And with Denver’s big roster, the rebounding would be even, and Denver’s superior coaching and experience would be enough to beat this Mavs roster. Unless somehow Green & Washington can frustrate Murray BADLY for 4 games.

But both Mavericks and Clippers ROSTERS look really really good, and have a lot of different lineups, each to deal with specific opponent strengths. I also really think a huge factor in Lively’s development (Tyson Chandler), will also help Gafford add a few more tricks on both sides of the ball before the playoffs, as well as Tyson/Powell/Maxi will all help Gafford get much more proficient at READING when to roll for a lob, versus when to set a gortat screen.

Nobody will want to face this new Mavs roster, if healthy, in the post season.
    Last edited by BarberSchool; 02-11-2024 at 08:59 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    so what is Mitchell doing in Cleveland?
    He joined a good team as he did in Utah

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    FULL TILT Healthy Celtics squad might get outrebounded by this Dallas team, and Luka & Kyrie will probably each have some massive 45-50pt explosion, but I don’t think they would beat Boston in a series. Keep in mind, Boston shoots a TON of 3’s, so Dallas 48min of rim protection wouldn’t be AS MUCH of an advantage in that matchup, with Zingis giving them really great spacing.

And with Denver’s big roster, the rebounding would be even, and Denver’s superior coaching and experience would be enough to beat this Mavs roster. Unless somehow Green & Washington can frustrate Murray BADLY for 4 games.

But both Mavericks and Clippers ROSTERS look really really good, and have a lot of different lineups, each to deal with specific opponent strengths. I also really think a huge factor in Lively’s development (Tyson Chandler), will also help Gafford add a few more tricks on both sides of the ball before the playoffs, as well as Tyson/Powell/Maxi will all help Gafford get much more proficient at READING when to roll for a lob, versus when to set a gortat screen.

Nobody will want to face this new Mavs roster, if healthy, in the post season.
    the mavs could give a run but they wouldnt defend well enough vs the clippers unless lively makes another leap. Washington isnt a good defender

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    The thing you have to understand is, just because the play-in team Toody led last year was dispatched easily in the first round, doesnt guarantee all of them will be. The Heat were a play-in team last year and made the finals. Eight seeds have upset one seeds in previous years as well. Toody wasnt able to do it, but others have. So to write off teams based on where they stand today, that doesnt make sense.

Toody has also struggled in the playoffs as a higher seed. He just doesnt have a good track record in the playoffs, spanning two different teams. Maybe youre projecting how things usually end up for him onto other players? But that's not necessarily going to be the case.
    In other words, not worth the $205 million in the contract...

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    He joined a good team as he did in Utah
    and added 7 wins to them and probably more this year while they gave up pieces for him.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    and added 7 wins to them and probably more this year while they gave up pieces for him.
    the pieces they gave up as good as they were is part of the improvement I'd guess. You aren't going far with 3 bigs unless they can defend like McDaniel and Gobert and Sexton wasn't going to be happy with his role I don't imagine.