Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: It's crazy how much circumstance plays into our perception of how good players ar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Luka and Porzingas was horrible fit just like Luka and Brunson, while other high-scoring ball-dominators like Lebron had many bad fits too.

SGA is kind of like 09' Lebron right now where his ball-domination is coupled with goat efficiency and athletic talent, so his team excels in the regular season but they'll get upset or underperform in the playoffs just like Lebron's attempts at organic chemistry in 09' or 10' - ball-dominators like Lebron/Luka fail by Year 7 to develop championship brand of ball or chemistry, while lower hold-time players like Jokic, Giannis, MJ, or Curry win organically by year 7.. SGA should follow the former route of luka/lebron and fail to win title by Year 7, while of course the non-ball-dominators have the capacity to develop that chemistry and normally do by Year 7.. carry on but don't say i didn't tell you
    what a loophole you're using talking about year 7 for sga when he's been on a tanking team for like 2-3 years. Then his first two years he wasnt a star yet. Still i will come back to this comment if he wins a title his next few years. OKC is in that position

7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: It's crazy how much circumstance plays into our perception of how good players ar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    what a loophole you're using talking about year 7 for sga when he's been on a tanking team for like 2-3 years. Then his first two years he wasnt a star yet. Still i will come back to this comment if he wins a title his next few years. OKC is in that position

yup, OKC looks super-great right now just like the 09' Cavs, who actually looked much better than OKC but lost as one of the 10 biggest favorites to ever lose a playoff series.. will SGA have the massive choke like Lebron did in that series??? (7 turnovers in 4th quarter of critical Game 4 that swung series)... well he certainly has the predictable ball-domination to get solved and bottled up like this when a big series hits it's zenith

see i use historical trends to predict the future (aka ball-domination is a fugazi) - when I'm right (again), you guys will say "crazy ol' 3ball" and dismiss it but it happens every year and you guys are always bewildered and left scratching your head.. The invariable reaction is ultimately "SGA just needs to team up with (insert opposing franchise player)".. See the reaction is a talent-based one (needs more help) because his ball-dominant style can't develop sufficient chemistry (imposes spot-up roles)..

That being said, SGA might get away with it because he starts at PG, so his ball-domination is not AS abnormal as Lebron starting at forward, which creates excessively ball-dominant lineups (2 PG lineups).. Ultimately, SGA is still very ball-dominant, so maybe he could win in a down year, which is not this year - Boston is my pick and the Nuggets will be right there
    Last edited by 3ba11; 02-14-2024 at 07:12 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    SGA is kind of like 09' Lebron right now
    Not at all.

SGA is much more Iverson than Lebron.

If he can start at SG then he has a chance to win it.