7-time NBA All-Star

Default Detailed question re history - airheads vacate thread - SERIOUS RESPONDERS preferred

Since the Bulls came within a momentum switch of beating the 1989 or 1990 Pistons despite only having bottom-ranked defenses, wouldn't they easily beat the Pistons with a top 3 defense and more offensive help like the 2009 Cavs had? (Mo was superior offensively to 90' Pippen across the board - PER, BPM, VORP, WS/48, scoring, efficiency).

So wouldn't the 89' or 90' Bulls have easily beaten the Pistons with the vastly superior defenses and offensive help that the 09' or 10' Cavs had? (Jamison/Shaq added to 66-win league favorite in 2010)..

There's a reason that Lebron's weaker stats achieved 19 more wins than 89' Jordan (66 to 47) - it's because Lebron had more help, aka a team of decorated veterans and HOF coach (1 seed), while Jordan had a team of rookies and no coach (low seed).. Jordan was truly carrying bad teams, while Lebron had teams of veterans, top defenses and reputed coaching.
    Last edited by 3ba11; 02-12-2024 at 10:45 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Detailed question re history - airheads vacate thread - SERIOUS RESPONDERS prefer

Considering youve posted this or some very similar version many many times you either already got a serious response or were ignored/mocked because of your ridiculous nature. If the former, I’m not sure why you feel the need to get it again and if it’s the latter I don’t know why you would expect a different result After stacking thousands more of the same posts on top of the behavior that led to the last one not giving you a satisfactory experience.

just your name and the word 1989 turns up dozens of the same Kind of discussions with the same points. Probably because there’s nothing to say about 1989 you haven’t already said.

You were getting this as response to repetitive 1989 pistons vs 2009 Cavs topics 3 years ago…

We are 3 years past these points already having been repeated for years to the point of mockery.

The most serious response you can get is something somebody said to you three years ago being slightly reworded so you can reply the same way you did 3 to 5 years ago.

you want a serious discussion post something you have to think about. Not something you have to copy and paste. Put some ****ing thought into this bullshit At least. If you can’t think of something new find a new subject. Youre clearly done with this one.

7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Detailed question re history - airheads vacate thread - SERIOUS RESPONDERS prefer

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Considering youve posted this or some very similar version many many times you either already got a serious response or were ignored/mocked because of your ridiculous nature. If the former, I’m not sure why you feel the need to get it again and if it’s the latter I don’t know why you would expect a different result After stacking thousands more of the same posts on top of the behavior that led to the last one not giving you a satisfactory experience.

just your name and the word 1989 turns up dozens of the same Kind of discussions with the same points. Probably because there’s nothing to say about 1989 you haven’t already said.

You were getting this as response to repetitive 1989 pistons vs 2009 Cavs topics 3 years ago…

We are 3 years past these points already having been repeated for years to the point of mockery.

The most serious response you can get is something somebody said to you three years ago being slightly reworded so you can apply the same way you did 3 to 5 years ago.

you want a serious discussion post something you have to think about. Not something you have to copy and paste. Put some ****ing thought into this bullshit At least. If you can’t think of something new find a new subject. Youre clearly done with this one.

No one has ever discussed Lebron's casts from 2005-1010 - not once - so I have to keep bringing it up - his reputation for "carrying" teams stems from these years, but now that he's needed "more help" on a perpetual basis since 2011, it makes sense to go back and look at how much he was actually "carrying" those early Cavs teams.. It obviously doesn't add up because how can a guy that "carries" teams need so much help on a continual basis despite so many team overhauls - so maybe we should look back at those early Cavs years and see if the answer is there (it is) but no one has ever been willing to look at those years with me... so i keep bringing it up.. I keep bringing up how Lebron actually had 3 years to develop a high seed and good coaching before entering the 06' playoffs, so he didn't have a low seed until 2021 (1st round exit).. stuff like that i must keep bringing up because no one seems to want to look at the historical record of this time period.

1-9

OP is entitled to his opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    1-9
    1 post every 9 minutes is about right for ya.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    1 post every 9 minutes is about right for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    I am deeply butthurt by mere post counts.
    Ftfy.

7-time NBA All-Star

Thread cliffs

it's typical for stars to carry weak teams to 40-50 wins and need an all-star to win 60+ just like Lebron did, so Lebron never carried teams more than other stars.. it's standard for great players to develop a 60-win juggernaut by Year 7 like Jokic, Giannis, Curry or MJ did