View Poll Results: Are MIN and OKC for real?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • They're for real

2 25.00%
  • Not ready yet

6 75.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Who thinks MIN and OKC are for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    If minny doesn't make it past the second round somehow, we already know who's to blame.
    Towns most likely as he was last year

Banned

They're both for real. They're legit title threats, but they very well may not make it out of the West. The Clippers, Nuggets, or Lakers could all take the conference too. It's a very tight division.

I suppose you could throw the Suns into the mixed, but I'd be shocked if they were the ones to come out on top.

NBA Superstar

Both a very good teams that can take advantage of teams in the regular but at the moment both are flawed.

Minnesota’s 4th quarter and crunch time offense is going to be a real problem in a tight series I think.

OKC has trouble keeping people out of the paint and can’t do much when that does happen. Jokic will destroy them.

Overall if I had to pick one it would be OKC because of Shai and I think if their offense is clicking they can beat anyone. But if they’re off they could lose to anyone too.

okc got me worried unless hayward is healthy. Core top 3 is incredible but Giddey is a major liability and dort isnt reliable enough for me either even though he's shooting 39% from 3. i just dont like teams in the playoffs that have a hole in their finishing lineup. Think they're one year away.

Minnesota has their flaws but I believe in them somewhat. they matchup well with denver defensively and just destroyed the clippers. The clippers tried small ball it didnt work. Then again they could lose in the 1st round but I wouldnt be shocked if they made the finals. Ik there's a huge coast factor but denvers been surprisingly not dominant this year and will have a really tough playoff road with possibly 2 road playoff series. Only 10th on offense and bench is one of the worst among contenders and no bruce brown in the playoffs. we can call them a potential dynasty now but one loss in the playoffs and that's not our impression of them anymore. Imagine a road where it's like phx in the 1st round, clippers in the 2nd without homecourt pretty brutal. Still my favorites out west along with clippers but i dont think it'll be a dominant run like it was last year.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    okc got me worried unless hayward is healthy. Core top 3 is incredible but Giddey is a major liability and dort isnt reliable enough for me either even though he's shooting 39% from 3. i just dont like teams in the playoffs that have a hole in their finishing lineup. Think they're one year away.

Minnesota has their flaws but I believe in them somewhat. they matchup well with denver defensively and just destroyed the clippers. The clippers tried small ball it didnt work. Then again they could lose in the 1st round but I wouldnt be shocked if they made the finals. Ik there's a huge coast factor but denvers been surprisingly not dominant this year and will have a really tough playoff road with possibly 2 road playoff series. Only 10th on offense and bench is one of the worst among contenders and no bruce brown in the playoffs. we can call them a potential dynasty now but one loss in the playoffs and that's not our impression of them anymore. Imagine a road where it's like phx in the 1st round, clippers in the 2nd without homecourt pretty brutal. Still my favorites out west along with clippers but i dont think it'll be a dominant run like it was last year.
    Going to have to be Minnesota with a mismatches. No one can match up to their front court. Tough to repeat

Decent college freshman

I expected this from OKC. Not so much from Minny.

Chris Finch has done as good a coaching job as I've seen in this league in quite a while.

Last edited by jayfan; 02-15-2024 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayfan View Post
    I expected this from OKC. Not so much from Minny.

Chris Finch has done as good a coaching job as I've seen in this league in quite a while.

Elston Turner in charge of the defense

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

OKC lack of size and physicality and Minnesota lack of offensive firepower will be there downfall in the playoffs.

Wolves aren't doing shit. OKC can make some minor noise

Everyone always says an upstart team is too young. When do y'all see them making the jump? The Nuggets are still the scariest team in the West, otherwise any other team can be beat. Even the Nuggets could have a down playoff so you just never know. Are we really that confident in the Clips or Lakers?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    thread title
    Neither

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

when was the last time minny played a playoff game??

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    when was the last time minny played a playoff game??
    other than last year you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    Everyone always says an upstart team is too young. When do y'all see them making the jump? The Nuggets are still the scariest team in the West, otherwise any other team can be beat. Even the Nuggets could have a down playoff so you just never know. Are we really that confident in the Clips or Lakers?
    Usually as early as their 2nd year in the playoffs as contender. I do trust the clippers they have the talent and that talent is playing well together