Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Wizards got a guy

Deni Avdija was the guy the Wizards drafted instead of Haliburton, much to the chagrin of Wizards fans. In his 2nd and 3rd seasons he proved to be a very good and versatile defender, able to defend multiple positions. In recent games he's started the game guarding Luka, Maxey and.... Wemby.

But he was awful on offense. He shot poorly from 3s, missed routine layups and seemed scared to drive in the half court. He also seemed allergic to dunking the ball. After watching 3 seasons of this i was about ready to write him off as another blown pick by the Wizards.

Then this season the light started to come on. He started attacking the basket aggressively and making 3s. Fans were getting hopeful. Just recently he just took it to another level, scoring over 20 against Boston/Philly/Dallas in consecutive games shooting well over 60% in all of them. That might not sound like much but if you watched him last year it was a quantum leap.

Last night against the Pels Kuzma was out and he went off, dropping 43/15. His previous career high was 25.

Facts Are Misleading

Default Re: Wizards got a guy

We are supposed to celebrate a 4th best player type on a title contender?

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    God damn let Wizards fans have something dude.

Dude, we haven't had a 50 win season since 1979. There hasn't been much to celebrate. We gotta take what we can get.

damn. dropped a career high on the same night rui hachimura also dropped a career high. tommy sheppard is a damn genius

The thing is there's a rising tide around the league in general. A lot of completely random dudes nobody's heard of erupting for 40 point games here and there. So while it's nice for Wiz fans to have one do it, keep in mind it doesnt necessarily change your fortunes as a team, because a lot of teams have these guys now.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    The thing is there's a rising tide around the league in general. A lot of completely random dudes nobody's heard of erupting for 40 point games here and there. So while it's nice for Wiz fans to have one do it, keep in mind it doesnt necessarily change your fortunes as a team, because a lot of teams have these guys now.
    The difference is that his strength is still defense. He is an All-NBA caliber defender, he just doesn't get the recognition because we suck.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I don’t think he was asking for celebration. Just saying the kid is making a turn and is a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I don’t think he was asking for celebration. Just saying the kid is making a turn and is a good player.
    To be fair wizards fans have been celebrating Last season he averaged 9.2 ppg which was his career high. He was legit awful on offense.

Imagine if Gobert suddenly started beating guys off the dribble 1 on 1. It's kinda like that.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    To be fair wizards fans have been celebrating Last season he averaged 9.2 ppg which was his career high. He was legit awful on offense.

Imagine if Gobert suddenly started beating guys off the dribble 1 on 1. It's kinda like that.

I understand youre excited but lets... not get out of hand here.

Mods?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post

when the Wizards start winning games like the awful Jazz did when Gobert emerged it might be something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    when the Wizards start winning games like the awful Jazz did when Gobert emerged it might be something like that
    Did they win many playoff series when he emerged?

If Rudy so much as dribbled twice and hit a pull-up I’d have to pre ban Xiao for a month for his own good.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Did they win many playoff series when he emerged?
    He can only do it by himself till the games count. Right up to that moment he’s solely responsible for victory. It’s a team game from there though.

And I just got around to watching the video. That kid looks good. Hes A little mechanical, but guys tend to look that way when they build their game off hard-work i the gym. You can tell he isn’t a natural. He’s working for it. Gotta respect it.