Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Wizards got a guy

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    when the Wizards start winning games like the awful Jazz did when Gobert emerged it might be something like that
    The Jazz won 43 games in the season before they drafted Rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    He can only do it by himself till the games count. Right up to that moment he’s solely responsible for victory. It’s a team game from there though.

And I just got around to watching the video. That kid looks good. Hes A little mechanical, but guys tend to look that way when they build their game off hard-work i the gym. You can tell he isn’t a natural. He’s working for it. Gotta respect it.
    He definitely isn't natural, but is strangely athletic for a guy with no muscle definition. He is just bullying guys routinely now.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Did they win many playoff series when he emerged?
    no because he didn't start until after the trade deadline and they were in to big of a hole despite being the 6th best team after it. The next year they went into the season with rookie Neto starting and bum Trey Burke backiing him up instead of getting the vet they needed in other words still trying to tank despite the great finish the year before. Gobert missing a month sealed their fate. The next year the tank was off because Hayward was going to be a free agent. Hasn't missed the playoffs since despite the crappy teams around him

He can only do it by himself till the games count. Right up to that moment he’s solely responsible for victory. It’s a team game from there though.
    it's always a team game. Can only go as far as the talent on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Yep than they let their best player go so Kanter and Favors could become the stars they were never going to be, It's called tanking. You should be pretty familiar with the concept

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    Yep than they let their best player go so Kanter and Favors could become the stars they were never going to be, It's called tanking. You should be pretty familiar with the concept
    This is actually the first year of intentional tanking from the Wizards that i can remember. They are the experts at unintentional tanking though.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    We are supposed to celebrate a 4th best player type on a title contender?
    Tbh I would rather see more threads about up and coming players vs players who we have seen play 10 plus years in the league already. It’s like we already know what it is at that point.

That contract looking really good. Technically he broke out at the right time right after getting his contract. Once poole gets benched or traded wizards are built nicely for a drafted star to come in or they can go other route and trade everyone for assets

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    That contract looking really good. Technically he broke out at the right time right after getting his contract. Once poole gets benched or traded wizards are built nicely for a drafted star to come in or they can go other route and trade everyone for assets

Yeah we lucked out with the contract timing.

Now about that Poole contract.....

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Tbh I would rather see more threads about up and coming players vs players who we have seen play 10 plus years in the league already. It’s like we already know what it is at that point.
    agreed. The big name guys are the newsmakers so you kind of have to acknowledge them and what they’re up to but how much is left to say?

I barely even know who this guy is. One night while waiting for a game. I actually care about. I may actually turn on the wizards game to see what he’s doing. Nothing anybody can say here about most stars is going to get me to watch anything I wouldn’t otherwise have watched.

I think Kuzma has been helping Deni. In the Mavs game there was a play where Deni had the ball up top with Luka on him. He was about to swing the ball to Kuzma and Kuzma empatically waved him off, telling him to go at Luka.

I am frankly tired of watching Kuzma jacking up contested jumpers but apparently he is pretty popular in the locker room. Seems like Deni is quick to pass to him.

Good for you, uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    He was actually drafted by denver bt. Then immediately got traded to utah. But yes, the latter had a winning record even before they got him.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    He was actually drafted by denver bt. Then immediately got traded to utah. But yes, the latter had a winning record even before they got him.
    He was drafted by Denver for the Jazz. The winning record was soon gone when Millsap waslet go and Favors and Kanter were playing instead. A year plus of tanking and then Gobert emerged and the rest is history