Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: The top 1% of earners is finally earning more than the entire middle class

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Inflation literally exploded right in the year or two wake after the start of the "pandemic". We just had the highest inflation rate in the past 40+ years right after it.

How can you explain that away?
    These dudes have gone into full shill mode

This is really sad to watch to be honest

I’ll be praying for them

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Default Re: The top 1% of earners is finally earning more than the entire middle class

Quote Originally Posted by Baller234 View Post
    j3lademaster: "The wealth gap is due to inflation!"

:: pandemic happens, we print trillions, inflation skyrockets higher and faster than any point in modern history ::

j3lademaster: "I'm not talking about that inflation!"

Like wtf is this dude even saying.
    I don't expect you to understand my response, so this is more for anyone else viewing my answer.

The focus of my post isn't inflation, I was simply explaining in layman's how inflation affects assets vs earnings/savings. The focus should be the 2017 tax cuts giving the 1% a huge transfer of assets, everything down to single family homes; thus exacerbating any kind of inflation. The inflation we're seeing right now isn't unprecedented, we had comparably bad years in the early 90's and much worse in the late 70's/early 80's, even a ~13% year which almost doubles 2021's annual inflation. What IS unprecedented is how much of the assets the 1% owns right now. Now, I know you have trouble with nuance, so I'll say this never have I said the pandemic didn't affect inflation and I think it's pretty obvious from my previous posts I think inflation is generally bad for the population as a whole. My original question was this:

Do you think it was moreso that, or the continuous tax cuts for the rich while bolstering deficit spending in order to artificially inject inflation via our privatized FED system?
    It's really shortsighted to think the pandemic alone caused all of this, and we didn't have one of the most dangerous tax cuts in 2017. Also

inflation skyrockets higher and faster than any point in modern history
    That isn't true, unless you don't count the 80's as 'modern history'.