Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Andrew Tate's Best Take on Depression

The example I would use against Andrew Tate's take on depression is Michael Phelps.

Michael Phelps is a man that does nothing but eat, workout, he's rich, accomplished, has access to unlimited women... suffers from depression.

This is a man... just by looking at him... you can tell he has a chemical imbalance in the brain.

but... with that said... Andrew Tate is correct, typically depression is nothing more than your brain getting triggered that something in your life needs to change.

That's all depression is the majority of the time... it's just a feeling,... and that feeling can get gradually worse based on lifestyle choices.

I use the example of Michael Phelps... because what lifestyle habits could he have changed? The man was living a perfect life in regards to diet, exercise, social status, wealth, winning multiple gold medals...

there was not much else he could do differently.

So... I have outsmarted Andrew Tate with my argument, and while I agree with the majority of what he's saying... there are some rare cases where depression is a legit mental disorder.
    Last edited by Doomsday Dallas; 02-17-2024 at 01:58 PM.

Default Re: Andrew Tate's Best Take on Depression

there are some people here who would literally not be able to just let this thread stand on what it is but feel triggered to make some kind of emotional anti Tate remark

those people are pretty close to depression too

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Didn’t see the video but I skimmed what you wrote. I agree for the most part, outside of certain obvious chemically imbalanced situations, depression and anxiety is your mind and body’s way of telling you something is wrong and it needs to be corrected. If you are intellectually honest with yourself and can confront issues and do things about them you won’t have those negative feelings.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

The way I see it depression is just two opposite sides of the scale and ultimately boils down to loneliness. If your at the bottom and a "loser" you're obviously going to have a hard time connecting with other people and if you're at the tippity top you will as well. That's why they say "it's lonely at the top".

We're all humans and in comes down to connection. Watch this doc on the Phillipines in a place called "Happy Town". They're all poor but always smiling and laughing. Why? Because they have each other.

I sometimes worry that Walk on Water is depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    I sometimes worry that Walk on Water is depressed.
    What about Axe?

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    What about Axe?
    Ah man, I don't want to talk about Axe.

Axe is not depressed. Walk on Water is under a lot of pressure, while Axe is having the time of his life with the internet, posting on ISH, breaking records, eating Hot Pockets with no responsibilities. The only pressure that Axe feels is the pressure on his ankles. He's so fat.

What about Axe?

You already know he is depressed when keeps on bringing up usernames and talks about certain people with his stupid essays full of crappy lies.

Are you saying jstern is behind the Walk on Water alt?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Are you saying jstern is behind the Walk on Water alt?
    I always thought jstern was walk on water. Very similar posting styles.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

As an avid sword collector, I do fvck with his take on swords.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    As an avid sword collector, I do fvck with his take on swords.

andrew's brother snapped with the quick-draw.

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

Depression is like obesity, some people are predisposed to being fat, and some people just eat too much. And then many are a little of both, it's a spectrum.

Depression is more complex than that, because a life circumstance can cause it. I mean if anyone were to witness their child dying they are going to be depressed there is no escaping it. But there are absolutely 100% some people who are predisposed to being depressed. Their brain chemicals are out of wack. Bipolar.

Andrew Tate is only the voice of wisdom to 20-something males who buy cheap used BMWs or Lexus to look wealthy but make $40k a year working the register at an Electronics store. He is sells nonsense to wannabe douchebags.

I do enjoy listening to Tate from time to time but he's completely off here. He's confusing feeling sad with clinical depression. Depression is an OBSERVABLE tangible thing as seen by looking at brain scans of depressed individuals. Do I think more people now say they have it when they really don't, yes. However, to throw shade at Chester (lincoln park) or Robin Williams or some shit is straight ignorant. OF COURSE it doesn't make sense to kill yourself and leave your kids like that...the mistake is thinking that depression is rational. You're chemicals fcked bro