Exclamation He did it! Wemby 5x5! 27 points, 10 rebounds, 8 assists, 5 steals, 5 blocks

Default Re: He did it! Wemby 5x5! 27 points, 10 rebounds, 8 assists, 5 steals, 5 blocks

The league needs to do some old-school draft rigging or trade pressure to get Wemby-san some help. One Trae Young, please.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: He did it! Wemby 5x5! 27 points, 10 rebounds, 8 assists, 5 steals, 5 blocks

Since Joker gets people to call his one-offs a “Sambor Double,” last night’s performance should be called a “Le Chesnay 5x5”. Amazing he did this on back to back nights.

Only two players (Olajuwon, Kirilenko) have multiple "5x5" games. Victor almost had two in a row! He has averaged 5.5 assists, 3.25 steals, and 5.75 blocks over the last four games. It's his passing that has surprised me most this season. I didn't know he had vision this good. Being tall certainly helps to see the court.

Local High School Star

Another loss.

Vw amazing stats but spurs are worse.

Hope vw does not get bad habits under biden geriatric type coach who should have been medically retired many years ago.

Coach is 75 and has lost it.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

They would be foolish to be trying to win games. They need to draft a lead guard.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Victor Wembanyama took questions at the podium sitting in front of a San Antonio Spurs banner and was told about the statistical feat he had just pulled off Friday night against the Los Angeles Lakers Wembanyama joined Jamaal Tinsley (2001) as the only NBA rookies to have a 5×5 game — posting at least 5 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals and 5 blocks in a game — and also became just the second player to have 5 blocks and 5 steals in consecutive games, joining Michael Jordan. Wembanyama paused to consider Jordan’s feat and then asked, “I wonder if he did it in wins.”

– via ESPN
    The next Tinsley?

I doubt there's any legitimate noise to the Trae Young talk, but, could you imagine? That's a crazy duo right there; imagine the pick-and-roll action! Lobs all day long, and both of them can shoot. If you look at Atlanta's offense over the last half-decade, Trae is a self-starting borderline elite offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    I doubt there's any legitimate noise to the Trae Young talk, but, could you imagine? That's a crazy duo right there; imagine the pick-and-roll action! Lobs all day long, and both of them can shoot. If you look at Atlanta's offense over the last half-decade, Trae is a self-starting borderline elite offense.

If it doesn't work out maybe they'd trade Trae to the Spurs after next season & get their '26 & '27 1st round picks back and do a proper rebuild. Can't do it after this season as the Kings own their '25 1st.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    COTM had the #1 O a couple years ago and he basically has Gobert next to Trae from what I'm told in Capela not to mention Murray and others. Why do they continue to suck?

basketball 2.0

Zach Lowe called it was going to happen soon on his podcast that came out yesterday morning (after Wemby's near miss of a 5x5)

Trae with a stretch 5 who can defend, and a big wing who can be a secondary ball handler, is the way to go.

Wemby/Trae/ and then a guy like Franz Wagner. Murray is too small to be that guy, Bogdan is not a good enough playmaker or defender (but holy moly can that dude shoot. I saw him reverse-pivot into a faceup 3 and lost it the other night)