College superstar

Default What Really Happened Between Latrell Sprewell and P.J. Carlesimo

Brian Shaw, who was on the Warriors at the time and present when it happened, provides the backstory and his first hand account of the infamous Sprewell choking P.J. Carlesimo incident.

Local High School Star

Default Re: What Really Happened Between Latrell Sprewell and P.J. Carlesimo

Quote Originally Posted by jlip View Post
    Brian Shaw, who was on the Warriors at the time and present when it happened, provides the backstory and his first hand account of the infamous Sprewell choking P.J. Carlesimo incident.

Awesome.

Thanks

NBA Superstar

Always two sides to everything. However, I feel like it would have been far more excusable if heíd punched him or something.

I understand you can have your buttons pushed over and over and as men sometimes shit gets hashed out physically but the strangling aspect is tough. Thatís borderline attempted murder at that point and if they didnít have security there ripping Spree off of him who the fvck knows what would have happened.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Why did PJ keep getting hired as a head coach was always my question

Local High School Star

Have any other NBA players done something to their coach like this?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore RachlNicholsazz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Street Hunger View Post
    Have any other NBA players done something to their coach like this?
    Their own coach? Not that I know of. Deron Williams had to be physically restrained from attacking 2 of his coaches, including Jerry Sloan. DWill should have been a HOFer, but he was a head case like Spree. Actually Spree could have been a HOFer too if he didn't let his OTC shit mess up his mind. He could play fierce defense when he wanted and was pretty clutch

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachlNicholsazz View Post
    Their own coach? Not that I know of. Deron Williams had to be physically restrained from attacking 2 of his coaches, including Jerry Sloan. DWill should have been a HOFer, but he was a head case like Spree. Actually Spree could have been a HOFer too if he didn't let his OTC shit mess up his mind. He could play fierce defense when he wanted and was pretty clutch
    Spree was no HOFer. Deron if he'd stayed in Utah maybe. Coaches saved his ass if true. Pretty sure Sloan would have kicked his ass

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Spree sounds like a ghetto dick head and a total animal