Default Who would you pay a significant amount for to see play in this era?

I've seen some boxing fanatics say they'd pay their entire life savings if they could see Muhammad Ali vs Mike Tyson in their prime.

Who would you pay to see play in this era? Are you that big a fan to fork out actual money?

National High School Star

Default Re: Who would you pay a significant amount for to see play in this era?

The top for me...

1. Pete Maravich
    2. Maurice Stokes
    3. Dennis Johnson
    4. Nate Thurmond
    5. Paul Arizin

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

wilt

I'm not shelling out big bucks when the experience at home on a big screen TV is a thousand times better.

I go to games every once in a while...but imagine enjoying looking for parking, paying for parking, have to go through security every single time...it's a hassle and then the game probably sucks and seats are uncomfortable.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post
    I'm not shelling out big bucks when the experience at home on a big screen TV is a thousand times better.

I go to games every once in a while...but imagine enjoying looking for parking, paying for parking, have to go through security every single time...it's a hassle and then the game probably sucks and seats are uncomfortable.
    me and the boys went to last friday’s game last second. charlotte was in town so we knew we could get cheap tickets.

Pulled the trigger last second as they dipped and were I think around 200 per. We all ubered or public transported in. Was very easy. I’m not sure if I would have even watched the game if we didn’t go. We kept it going after and made it a crazy night.

It’s easy to talk yourself out of going but it’s never the same

Just do it. go to the game. it’s worth it

(if you zoom in you can see ish’s axe staring down the tunnel)

I saw OKC at Miami back in December. Was fun, but still, I never have an ABSOLUTE blast at a live game. There is always a level of discomfort, plus I'm not a fan of the team of the city I live in (Miami).

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Larry Bird

I would legitimately sacrifice a vital organ to see 2013 LePerfect play live today.

That Lebron averages 50 in today’s game. With 15 assists. On 84%.

Deal with it.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    I would legitimately sacrifice a vital organ to see 2013 LePerfect play a game live today.

That Lebron averages 50 in today’s game. With 15 assists. On 84%.

Deal with it.
    One would say your brain is not in danger but I know you are actually smart. However, 2013 was not that long ago. McGrady or Vince from 20 years ago would make a bigger difference, I think. Both could shoot and had everything that is valued today.