2 33.33%
  • Paul is going to win. He's too young and has been training for years

2 33.33%
  • Doesn't matter. It's staged

2 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Truth Is Out There Media Moderator's Avatar

Default Mark your calendar. Tyson vs Jake Paul. On Netflix July 20th

Since this isn't PPV, it might be possibly the most watched boxing fight in history.

27 year old vs 57 year old. My brain says Jake is going to mop the floor with Tyson because of his age and amount of time outside the gym and ring. My heart says the old man still has something to prove and it could be a fairy tale ending to his fight career.

Who do you got? We already know all of us are going to watch this shit show

Default Re: Mark your calendar. Tyson vs Jake Paul. On Netflix July 20th

Quote Originally Posted by Media Moderator View Post
    Since this isn't PPV, it might be possibly the most watched boxing fight in history.

27 year old vs 57 year old. My brain says Jake is going to mop the floor with Tyson because of his age and amount of time outside the gym and ring. My heart says the old man still has something to prove and it could be a fairy tale ending to his fight career.

Who do you got? We already know all of us are going to watch this shit show
    This is going to be the biggest sporting event in American history. Why is this thread not sticked….on the main forum?

Why doesn’t this thread have 100 comments already?

I’m flabbergasted

Edit matter fact this thread should have its own section. Tysons vs Paul fight should be right under the main forum and above the off the court lounge

The Truth Is Out There Media Moderator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out View Post
    This is going to be the biggest sporting event in American history. Why is this thread not sticked….on the main forum?

Why doesn’t this thread have 100 comments already?

I’m flabbergasted

Edit matter fact this thread should have its own section. Tysons vs Paul fight should be right under the main forum and above the off the court lounge
    Most watched, doesn't mean biggest sporting event. People that don't even watch boxing will be tuning in to see this trainwreck. With 2 characters that transcend boxing duking it out on a free fight, it could easily be the most watched fight in history with little to no interest from hardcore boxing aficionados

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Media Moderator View Post
    Most watched, doesn't mean biggest sporting event. People that don't even watch boxing will be tuning in to see this trainwreck. With 2 characters that transcend boxing duking it out on a free fight, it could easily be the most watched fight in history with little to no interest from hardcore boxing aficionados
    Hardcore boxing fans are puddle of water on the street. This fight attracts the ocean….everyone of every sport. Hell even ppl not into sports. Will watch. 260 million subscribers on Netflix will get this fight for free cause they were gonna pay for Netflix anyway

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

This is a side show circus event but if they are both fighting legit Paul is going to wreck Tyson.

Tyson is almost 60 years old, I don't think people understand what that means.

Evander was fighting all the way up to age 48 and he was getting his ass beat all over the place at that age, by scrub boxers. Tyson is 10 years older than Evander was.

Yea... gonna have to put my vote in for Paul to win.

would like to see Tyson win, but don't think he can get it done at age 60.

Here's a former world champion, turned drug addict, knocking out a much younger person.

From what I've hear, Logan Paul is not top level good, and thus needs to fight celebrities. And from what I've seen, old people are still very capable. There's a drop off, but it's usually more to do with recovery time to get up and do it again. As long as they're fresh, they can perform. The difference in Wizard's Michael Jordan on fresh legs versus back to back games was eye opening. Without that lack of recovery, he would have been even better as an old man.

Julius Francis in his 50s knocks out a guy in his 20s. Mike Tyson destroyed him. I know these are bare knuckle versus regular people, but still.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    Here's a former world champion, turned drug addict, knocking out a much younger person.

From what I've hear, Logan Paul is not top level good, and thus needs to fight celebrities. And from what I've seen, old people are still very capable. There's a drop off, but it's usually more to do with recovery time to get up and do it again. As long as they're fresh, they can perform. The difference in Wizard's Michael Jordan on fresh legs versus back to back games was eye opening. Without that lack of recovery, he would have been even better as an old man.

Julius Francis in his 50s knocks out a guy in his 20s. Mike Tyson destroyed him. I know these are bare knuckle versus regular people, but still.
    muscle memory is a thing. the problem in my opinion is conditioning. if they did bare knuckles or ufc gloves for one round i would give it a toss up. logan is gonna do some mayweather stuff and let father time do the rest. i’m not tuning into this personally. I would be willing to bet a lot of money that the final product will be hot garbage. Another super hype job with a super underwhelming payoff from a
    viewers standpoint, but how these work time in and time out is…at that point it doesn’t even matter, you’ve already tuned in, they got their numbers, whether you got a good experience or not doesn’t matter at all, and it will continue to do so until people finally wise up and don’t take the bait of this low hanging fruit.

I hope it's not staged. A 57 years old former champ should still have enough to beat low class opponents. The questions are what kind of shape Tyson gonna show up in and whether Jake Paul has a good strategy.

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

If they were going to stage this what would they stage? A Tyson knock out? Attempt to resurrect Tyson's career as an old man? That would kill Paul's career who could go onto make way more money than Mike ever could at his age.

It is staged as a blatant circus event money grab. But I don't see the point in staging the fight itself.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post
    If they were going to stage this what would they stage? A Tyson knock out? Attempt to resurrect Tyson's career as an old man? That would kill Paul's career who could go onto make way more money than Mike ever could at his age.

It is staged as a blatant circus event money grab. But I don't see the point in staging the fight itself.
    Staging it means after all the hype the fight ends up just being a boring exhibition with no real winner. A glorified sparring match.

They’re selling this like a real fight but in the contract are there no knockout clauses and shit.

That’s what staging for this event is.

I think this is a good social experiment.

we've had a couple decent social experiments here recently.

Conner vs Mayweather
    Logan Paul vs Mayweather
    Jones Jr. vs Tyson

I think this has potential to be better than all 3 of those fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post

For both to not hit too hard and just make it to decision.

He seems to move well.